Ceramic DM/Short Story Smackdown '08

awayfarer

First Post
I'm fine to start whenever.

A lifesize marble statue is fine for my victory. We don't need to go any larger than that. Make sure there's a bronze plaque at the foot. Maybe have it read "Look upon my works ye mighty, and despair"

Ycore Rixle

First Post
Just a paragraph or two of feedback works for me. And I'm fine with starting whenever. Heck, even if I had two weeks to prepare, I don't think I'd be ready for all this performance-art naked victory dancing, so yeah, whenever's good. :)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Judges, I've been collecting web sites with cool pictures. I'll gather them and email you a link. (These aren't photos I've studied - there are lots and lots of them - but they might be useful.)

maxfieldjadenfox

First Post
Herremann, I'm happy with brief feedback. I'm ready to write whenever, and if you need any art let me know.

Oh yeah, and remember, there are some people who should do naked victory dances, and others who shouldn't... I'm just sayin'...

orchid blossom

Explorer
Brief judgments are fine. I'm sure spectators will also be offering their opinions and we'll all get plenty of feedback.

As for starting times, we might as well get the torture started sooner rather than later.

Thorod Ashstaff

First Post
Let's get it on!

maxfieldjadenfox said:
Oh yeah, and remember, there are some people who should do naked victory dances, and others who shouldn't... I'm just sayin'...

So, Fox, what're you afraid of?

Enough talk, we got sixteen below the salt, we got three in the high-backed thrones, we got empty quill threats and premature victory dances, I say let's do this thing so y'all can see a real dwarven victory warcry.

Starman

Adventurer
Thorod Ashstaff said:

Enough talk, we got sixteen below the salt, we got three in the high-backed thrones, we got empty quill threats and premature victory dances, I say let's do this thing so y'all can see a real dwarven victory warcry.

I'm not sure a dwarf that is located at the "2nd star to the right" knows anything about "real dwarven" warcries. Shouldn't you be in a cave somewhere?

Last edited:

maxfieldjadenfox

First Post
Thorod Ashstaff said:

Ah, Thorod, you forget that I knew you when you were a kobold. In fact, I believe I was responsible for you being a kobold... I'm not askeerd of you or anyone, and I plan to do a fetching naked victory dance. :)

Dlsharrock

First Post
awayfarer said:
A lifesize marble statue is fine for my victory. We don't need to go any larger than that. Make sure there's a bronze plaque at the foot. Maybe have it read "Look upon my works ye mighty, and despair"

Ok for second place I guess, but it will look a bit puny, overshadowed by my first place twelve thousand foot statue made of solid gold belching fire and issuing forth as with the voice of many gods "REMEMBER ME!"

I'm ready to rumble when everyone else is.
And I'm happy with short feedback, so long as nobody uses any rude words.

'For me the action's the juice!' so let smackdown commence...

Remove ads