Ceramic DM Winter 07 (Final Judgment Posted)

Desperation is the mother of invention. I'm sure yangnome will find some way to torture something out of me.

Actually, I was walking to work on this fine spring morning, and I got to thinking about the Rocky Horror vs The Cabbage Patch Kids threat. Now I can't get the damn soundtrack out of my head, and all I can think about is doing the Time Warp.

KidCthulhu

First Post
Piratecat said:
A little piece of me thinks that I should write a private story to them as a writing exercise. On the other hand, a great big piece of me thinks that the little piece is smoking some serious crack.

Not that I'm being a nodge or anything, but if you've got all those creative juices sloshin' around, there's a perfectly good story hour that needs some lovin'.

Yep, just call me little Ms Ulterior Motive.

Sialia

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
I'm not. I feel devoid of ideas, drained of all creativity.

Ah, no sweat --the pictures are supposed to provide those.

Erm.

Although I admit I spent a long while thinking "wouldn't it be great to give the final round folks some really innocuous pictures that hardly suggested anything so they could write about whatever they wanted? I mean, they're the champions, they should be able to pull a great story out of a blank page in the dark at this point . . . "

heh.

There are so many ways to be cruel in this game.

Sialia

First Post
Piratecat said:
I'm really excited to see the final round's pictures! A little piece of me thinks that I should write a private story to them as a writing exercise.

That would be the subliminal tic I embedded when last we spoke. It will never cease until you give it what it wants.

It wants you to be its daddy.

yangnome

First Post
OK, pics will be coming at some point tonight. I have to go out for my a going away party for my boss and it is St Patty's Day. I'll post pictures when I get back in, which will likely be after 1200 my time. I also warn you that though I already have the pictures selected, you could wind up with some alcohol-influenced surprises, so if you wake up in the morning and see 40 pictures for the final match, don't say I didn't warn you.

yangnome

First Post
Round 4 - Final

Welcome to the final round, Rodrigo vs. CarpeDavid. I wore my kilt to the bar, but no one was drunk enough to find out what I had on under it, so no naked pictures of me.

This round, I wanted to do something slightly different—an all art round. There is one picture I found prior to the CDM, and five great pieces from Sialia. Good luck, have a fun competition.

Attachments

• 4_1.jpg
    4_1.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 130
  • 4_2.jpg
    4_2.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 4_3.jpg
    4_3.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 132
  • 4_4.jpg
    4_4.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 136
  • 4_5.jpg
    4_5.jpg
    430.9 KB · Views: 132
  • 4_6.jpg
    4_6.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 133

Gulla

Adventurer
Yangnome, you are sure this set is not the result of too much Irish brew? ;)

edit: unsure whether all discussion of the pictures should go in the s-block, so to be on the safe side I put it all in one now:
[sblock]
The pictures are wonderful and I look forward to the two great stories the contestants will produce from them. The first picture is so dark that I cannot see it at all on my equipment, but that might be by design?

[sblock=Not for the contestants]And I think the second picture is just brilliant. To me it is full of fantastic stories. I see a tired and worn out Hero resting in his quest surrounded by a seemingly friendly landscape, but on closer inspection it seems to be a Dragon sneaking up on him.

And that last one is just plain creepy. Maybe a bit too much religios symbolism, but that just makes it more creepy.[/sblock]

A very challenging and interresting choise of pictures. Very good work on running this contest and selecting pictures.

Edit: I did some tinkering after finally getting some picturemanipulation software working I "found" the picture in the dark after using a gammacorrection of about 2 and it was very much there I could not see at all in the original, so I think the original picture might be too dark. But I guess that Siala (as the artist) is the one to have the final word on that?
[/sblock]

Håkon

Last edited:

Remove ads