Ceramic DM Winter 07 (Final Judgment Posted)

Best of luck to carpedavid and Rodrigo. I am looking very forward to reading what you guys come up with - make the judging as tough as you possibly can for us. :)

To Sialia,
Thank you very much for sharing some of your gorgeous images with us. I'm sure our finalists will contort them in ways you would not have thought - or maybe you might have :] :D . You must be very excited waiting to see what they make out of them too.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Gulla, I see the first picture without a problem on my monitor.

As for this set? A piece of cake. :D

I'm really sorry I'm not writing to these, but I surely want to see the results.

maxfieldjadenfox

First Post
This group of pictures is so inspiring! I wish I was writing, but I'll be content to read. Nice work, Sialia!

I have really enjoyed the variety of genres this time around. Ya'll have amused me.

Sialia

First Post
Thank you for kind words.

Thank you to Yangnome for knowing which ones to pick out of the pile. You certainly have an evil genius for this.

Sometimes, things look very different on my home desktop monitor than on my spouse's laptop flatscreen--I forgot to check this time. I will say that it seemed darker and blurrier to me this morning than I remembered it, too, and it might partly be because I always looked at it against a neutral gray background instead of the hard white.

I hope no one minds: here's another version of it--all content is the same, but I upped the contrast and saturation a bit, and added a neutral gray frame. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 12-brighter.jpg
    12-brighter.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 94

carpedavid

First Post
Piratecat said:
As for this set? A piece of cake. :D

Sez you. :)

Also, I got called into work today, on what was supposed to be my primary writing day. I'm going to have to think "short" - something I've been having difficulty with this tournament. :D

yangnome

First Post
Glad to hear you guys like the pics. Sialia provided some outstanding pictures for this matchup and I am anxious to see how they are interpreted. I assure you (and I think Sialia can attest to the fact) that any Irish brew I may have had or may not have had did not affect my picture selection :)

I suspect that this all art match will bring some interesting results. There's a lot more room for interpretation and ambiguity in these pictures which should hopefully provide fun stories.

Gulla

Adventurer
Sialia said:
I hope no one minds: here's another version of it--all content is the same, but I upped the contrast and saturation a bit, and added a neutral gray frame. Hope this helps.
It helps a lot on this (old, but high quality, I thought) CRT-screen. I'll get to test it on the brand new laptop tomorrow, but this version is very nice here.

Håkon
who hopes that this just might be enough to convince the wife-unit that a new monitor is a suitable birthday present ;)

tadk

Explorer
wow

yangnome said:
Welcome to the final round, Rodrigo vs. CarpeDavid. I wore my kilt to the bar, but no one was drunk enough to find out what I had on under it, so no naked pictures of me.

This round, I wanted to do something slightly different—an all art round. There is one picture I found prior to the CDM, and five great pieces from Sialia. Good luck, have a fun competition.

wow
some totally interesting pics there for the final round

best to you both, some awesome work so far
Wow

Remove ads