• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Children of the Gods: The Princess and the Dragon

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Kiraya, you asked this AGES ago and somehow I forgot I never answered you!

Behold, the Simple Variant Druid, from Unearthed Arcana, which is part of the 3.5 SRD:

http://dndsrd.net/unearthedCoreClass.html#simple-druid

In a nutshell: You give up Wildshape and all armor/shield proficiencies in exchange for the monk AC bonus (wisdom and levels), monklike movement bonus, and ranger Favored Enemy and Tracking abilities.

I like it cuz it dramatically simplifies the task of bookeeping a druid... I don't have to keep an eye on wildshape critter stats, and deal with the funky-ass 3.5 polymorph rules, and worry about which item is absorbed and all that. And I like the 'robed old man in the wilderness' vibe for druids way more than the 'dude tromping around in rhino hide armor with a wooden shield and a scimitar' thing that happens with the regular druid. :)

Hmm...

Hmmmmmm...

I shall be lenient and nod my approval sagely. ;)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
And here is the Rogues Gallery. Have at it. :D

Hi Kiraya,

Would you allow my pixie to take the arcane archer prestige class later on? The requirements are elf or half elf, but thematically I believe it make sense, and doesn't break anything. This will affect my character's bonded weapon and the 1st level feat choice.
Also, could it be possible to add a link to the rogue's gallery in the first post?
My character is almost ready, I just need to take into consideration your answer and will post it.
Thanks and cheers,

SG

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
[MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION], Mort looks good. :)
[MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION], regarding Arcane Archer, if you can convince an elven arcane archer to teach you when the time comes then yes. ;) Prestige Classes in this campaign all come with a roleplaying requirement of finding a teacher or joining an organization or passing an initiation. Most of them operate like elite clubs or secret societies.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
[MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION], regarding Arcane Archer, if you can convince an elven arcane archer to teach you when the time comes then yes. ;) Prestige Classes in this campaign all come with a roleplaying requirement of finding a teacher or joining an organization or passing an initiation. Most of them operate like elite clubs or secret societies.

Fair enough!

Here's another question about mechanics (since I'll be stuck for 4 levels, I want a mechanically viable character): with greater invisibility would my character be able to apply sneak attack damage to both attacks if using two weapon fighting?
I'm trying to figure out if he'll be a two weapon front-line swashbuckler or an more of an archer.
Thanks!

SG

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Fair enough!

Here's another question about mechanics (since I'll be stuck for 4 levels, I want a mechanically viable character): with greater invisibility would my character be able to apply sneak attack damage to both attacks if using two weapon fighting?
I'm trying to figure out if he'll be a two weapon front-line swashbuckler or an more of an archer.
Thanks!

SG

Yup! Your flying maneuverability also gives you some interesting attack angles to consider as well. ;)

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Very cool, so swashbuckler it is! My character is up, and I'm open to background hooks.
Looking forward to starting this ;-)
Cheers,

SG

Quick question - I haven't gone over the stats in depth yet, but I noticed that your character's gender is Androgynous. What pronouns would you prefer be used for the character in the IC thread and in OOC discussions?

Remove ads