• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Children of the Gods: The Princess and the Dragon

Skarsgard

Explorer
Yep a trekkie from waaaayyyyy back!

Some of the Dax names are awesome for D&D characters :)

Ok, then I will get the sheet done for Jhadzia.

Skarsgard

Explorer
Name: Jhadzia
Class: Cleric 1 of Hextor (War and Destruction domains)
Race: ½ Orc
Size: M
Alignment: LN
Deity: Hextor

Str: 18 (+4) [base 16, +2 Orc: 10 points]
Dex: 10 (+0) [base 10 : 2 points]
Con: 14 (+2) [base 14: 6 points]
Int: 10 (+0) [base 12, -2 Orc: 4 points]
Wis: 14 (+2) [base 14: 6 points]
Cha: 10 (+0) [base 12, -2 Orc: 4 points]

Level: 1
BAB: +0

Reach : 5ft

Speed: land: 30
Init: +0
HP: 10

Total Base Armor Shld Dex
AC: 14 10 +4 +0 +0 +

Touch: 10
Flatfooted: 14

Base Mod Misc Total
Fort:...+2......+2......+0.........+4
Ref:....+0......+0......+0.........+0
Will:... +2......+2......+0.........+4

Weapon: Bonded Heavy Flail
Attack: +6 to hit, 1d10+6 damage [+0 BAB, +4 STR, +1 Masterwork, +1 Focus], 19-20/*2, +2 Disarm, can be used to trip, B

Attack, Ranged: Javelin
Attack: +4 to hit, 1d6 +4 damage range: 30ft, x2, P

Languages: Common, Orc

Class Progression:
Cleric 1

Racial features:

• Darkvision: Can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight.
• Orc Blood: For all effects related to race, a half-orc is considered an orc.

Class Features, Cleric:

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
Clerics are proficient with all simple weapons, with all types of armor (light, medium, and heavy), and with shields (except tower shields).
A cleric who chooses the War domain receives the Weapon Focus feat related to his deity’s weapon as a bonus feat. He also receives the appropriate Martial Weapon Proficiency feat as a bonus feat, if the weapon falls into that category.
Clerics meditate or pray for their spells. Each cleric must choose a time at which he must spend 1 hour each day in quiet contemplation or supplication to regain his daily allotment of spells. Time spent resting has no effect on whether a cleric can prepare spells. A cleric may prepare and cast any spell on the cleric spell list, provided that he can cast spells of that level, but he must choose which spells to prepare during his daily meditation.

Spontaneous Casting
An evil cleric (or a neutral cleric of an evil deity), can’t convert prepared spells to cure spells but can convert them to inflict spells (an inflict spell is one with "inflict" in its name).

Turn or Rebuke Undead (Su)
Any cleric, regardless of alignment, has the power to affect undead creatures by channeling the power of his faith through his holy (or unholy) symbol (see Turn or Rebuke Undead).
An evil cleric (or a neutral cleric who worships an evil deity) instead rebukes or commands such creatures
A cleric may attempt to turn undead a number of times per day equal to 3 + his Charisma modifier. A cleric with 5 or more ranks in Knowledge (religion) gets a +2 bonus on turning checks against undead.

Destruction Domain
Granted Power
You gain the smite power, the supernatural ability to make a single melee attack with a +4 bonus on attack rolls and a bonus on damage rolls equal to your cleric level (if you hit). You must declare the smite before making the attack. This ability is usable once per day.

War Domain
Granted Power
Free Martial Weapon Proficiency with deity’s favored weapon (if necessary) and Weapon Focus with the deity’s favored weapon.

Feats:
Power Attack (level 1 feat)
Weapon Focus (Heavy Flail) War Domain

Skills:

Skills Total Ranks Mod Misc
Balance (dex) -2 +0 +0 -2
Bluff (cha) +0 +0 +0
Climb (str) +4 +0 +4
Concentration (con) +6 +4 +2
Craft (wis) +2 +0 +2
Diplomacy (cha) +0 +0 +0
Disguise (cha) +0 +0 +0
Escape artist (dex) -2 +0 +0 -2
Hide (dex) -2 +0 +0 -2
Intimidate (cha) +0 +0 +0
Jump (str) +4 +0 +4
Know. religion (int) +4 +4 +0
Listen (wis) +2 +0 +2
Move silently (dex) -2 +0 +0 -2
Perform (cha) +0 +0 +0
Profession (wis) +2 +0 +2
Sense Motive (wis) +2 +0 +2
Search (int) +0 +0 +0
Spot (wis) +2 +0 +2
Swim (str) +0 +0 +4 -4
Tumble (dex) -2 +0 +0 -2

Spells

Level 0
Detect Magic
Cure Minor Wounds
Cure Minor Wounds

Level 1
Magic Weapon (D)
Cure Light Wounds
Command

Height: 6’2”
Weight: 185lb
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Russet
Skin: Dark Tan

Equipment
Clothes
Chain Shirt 100
MW Bonded Heavy Flail
4 Javelin 4
1 dagger 2
Backpack2
Waterskin 1
Holy Symbol Silver 25
Bedroll 0.1
Blanket 0.5
Flint and Steel 1
Rope Hemp 50ft 1
Grappling Hook 1

Gold 3
Silver 4

Last edited:

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
House Rules

Something I should have noted in the first post - I do have a couple of house rules for 3.5.

Wild Empathy and Animal Companion are feats (Druids and Rangers get them as bonus feats; Wild Empathy is a prereq for Animal Companion). Animal Companion advancement is based on overall character level.

Detect alignment spells do not work on normal creatures (omit that line from the table). They do work on outsiders with alignment subtypes, undead, and members of classes with an alignment aura class feature, as well as spells and items with alignment subtypes. They also work on areas that have been consecrated or desecrated.

Members of the Commoner and Warrior NPC classes generally do not speak the Common language unless they spend skill points on it. Non-human commoners speak their racial languages only. Human commoners speak the language of their nationality or ethnicity. Human player characters get a national or ethnic language at 1st level in addition to Common. Unless the character is a foreigner, that means human PCs begin with Valsharran, national language of the Kingdom of Valshar.

A Spell Component pouch is generally used up and needs to be replenished after a week of adventuring. Usually, this doesn't cost any money or time as the character can gather things like sand, rose petals, and other mundane components relatively easily during downtime. However, if the spellcaster is stuck in an environment where such supplies are limited or non-existent, the character may start running out of material spell components.

Hobgoblins have additional racial traits to put them more on par with other LA +1 races. Specifically, +4 racial bonus to Ride checks, +1 natural armor bonus, and a +1 racial attack bonus against elves. Hobgoblin leaders often tame dire wolves to use as mounts.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Bumpity bumpity.

I think four potential players is good enough to get this game rolling, though I'd like to snag one more. I'll be getting a Rogue Gallery up some time this weekend (nudge me if you don't see it in 24 hours ish).

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Bumpity bumpity.

I think four potential players is good enough to get this game rolling, though I'd like to snag one more. I'll be getting a Rogue Gallery up some time this weekend (nudge me if you don't see it in 24 hours ish).

*poke poke* ;)

By the way, do I understand correctly that the Bonded Weapon is free (i.e. cost is not substracted from the starting money)? And I hope that taking the average 75 gp as starting wealth (for wizard) is okay with you.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Kiraya, you asked this AGES ago and somehow I forgot I never answered you!

Behold, the Simple Variant Druid, from Unearthed Arcana, which is part of the 3.5 SRD:

http://dndsrd.net/unearthedCoreClass.html#simple-druid

In a nutshell: You give up Wildshape and all armor/shield proficiencies in exchange for the monk AC bonus (wisdom and levels), monklike movement bonus, and ranger Favored Enemy and Tracking abilities.

I like it cuz it dramatically simplifies the task of bookeeping a druid... I don't have to keep an eye on wildshape critter stats, and deal with the funky-ass 3.5 polymorph rules, and worry about which item is absorbed and all that. And I like the 'robed old man in the wilderness' vibe for druids way more than the 'dude tromping around in rhino hide armor with a wooden shield and a scimitar' thing that happens with the regular druid. :)

Remove ads