• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Confess your lack of taste

hafrogman

Adventurer
Another vote for Godzilla. And I really enjoy 'Dude Where's My Car?'.

On the other hand, I don't enjoy any of the Coen Brothers' movies, or any of Christopher Guests mockumentary type movies (although he was awesome as the six-fingered man).

I also have an odd propensity for enjoying the much maligned sequel over the classically acclaimed original. Grease 2 over Grease, The Sting 2 over The Sting, etc.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
In my old "Confess and Brag" thread, I confessed that I have a voluminous music collection- mostly Metal, New Wave and Jazz- that includes such guilty pleasures as Europe, Bang Tango, ABBA and more than a few Mariah Carey and Paula Abdul CDs. (Yet none of the newer "divas" is anywhere close to my "Buy" list.)

I have no love for: Gone with the Wind, Moulin Rouge, or Fatal Attraction, despite their acclaim. The Godfather movies- well, most gangster movies- leave me cold.

OTOH, I have a taste for bad sci-fi and fantasy films not unlike how some people love super sour candies. While there are some that I will not watch more than once...or at all...some I can watch over and over. I can actually tell you why I think Plan 9 From Outer Space is not quite as bad as The Creeping Terror.

I always thought the Shannara books were better than many people give them credit for being, and won't touch the Goodkind "Wizard's" books. Or Harry Potter. JRRT I like and respect, but don't worship- LoTR is very creative, but not exactly well written. Not as well as some of the other giants of English lit, anyway.

Mercutio01

First Post
Popular movies that bored me/I don't like:
Titanic
The last two Pirates of the Caribbean movies
Any Bond movie with Roger Moore
most "romantic comedies"
Anything by Judd Apatow

Unpopular movies I liked:
Matrix: Revolutions
Once Upon a Time in Mexico
Bringing Out the Dead
From Dusk til Dawn
Mallrats

Never Played/Seen/Read
GURPS
any fiction by Gary Gygax (although that's soon to be remedied)
Anything by George RR Martin or Robert Jordan

Misc
I don't use "hate" often, but I hate country music and rap/hip-hop.
I love pulp fiction novels and would gladly take the entire Barsoom series and anything by Howard or Lovecraft over any "important" literature. Full disclosure, I have an English Lit degree and a Master's in Creative Writing.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Big Brother style reality tv shows bore me enough to make me switch the channel in short order. In a similar vein, I am capable of watching pop star casting shows and the like... but only in the company of someone who likes them. (I.e., not on my own.)

85% of Anime.
Sturgeon's Law, mang.
I think Connery is not only not the best Bond, he's not even second best.
Similarly, I mildly dislike Bond movies in general. No hate or anything, just kinda meh on it.
Never Played/Seen/Read
GURPS
GURPS, popular? I wish. :(

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Frank Herbert's Dune and Jack Vance's The Dying Earth bored me to tears and I couldn't finish reading them.

Everyone who knows my tastes told me I would/should love the following shows and I could never really get into them: B5, Buffy/Angel, SG1.

I think the The Silmarillion is dry and dull and about as enjoyable as reading The Bible.

I think Eureka is a hell of a lot better show than the recent Battlestar Galactica. Not that I didn't like BG.

I watched every single episode of SciFi (SyFy ?)'s Flash Gordon and was disappointed when it was cancelled.

Remove ads