[D&D 4e] IG's "The Witchlight Strand"

Korash

First Post
Vatan will laugh heartily, and loudly, upon hearing these words. (In common) "Aye, laddy, If ye not be minding a wee trip and loftin' a few Gobbo heads. We were set to be invite'n ye to our board for some food and drink ta be askin' ye that very thing." He will turn back to the Lady Elf and offer her a seat as well, trying to do that politely.

Shayuri

First Post
Aridha is silent for a moment as she absorbs the news.

"Lolgoff is dead then," she muses.

She sits down in the offered seat and shakes her head at Vatan. "I speak the common tongue."

The elf then spoke not to one person but to all gathered at the table. Her words came in short, staccato sentences separated by pauses, as if she planned each one out in her head, then said as fast as she could before thinking up the next.

"The way north is long and treacherous. Goblins are a danger, but far from the only ones. I know the ways of the land, and can act as guide and scout. My purpose in going is to act as emissary from the elf woods to the tribes of the north. I could get there alone, but the dangers are many...and my task is important. Therefore, I offer my services to this group."

Redrobes

First Post
I'm afraid I didn't catch all of that but I did understand "scurvy gobbo". Seems that has a universal translation, and for anyone which agrees with that then they can count me in as a friend.

The names Drůthruss and yes we would very much like a guide since my homeland is about 500 leagues from here. And to you sir, another blade ? Well thats some blade you have there to be offerin'. I would feel thrice as safe knowing that blade was between us and the enemy.

Our Barbarian friend from earlier said Lolgoff is dying not dead exactly. We may still be able to see him tho I will say this, I didn't get the impression from him that one should be all that optimisitic.

We were all set to avoid the deep forest and all of their dark secrets in favor of taking on goblins out in the sun. But an elf - a wood elf you say. Well that does kinda change things a bit.

Tell us this then. If we were to take the forest road. Would we be needing a wagon or are we better off with horses ?

Here, i'll get my MAP out...

Theroc

First Post
At the acceptance, the man grinned, doing his best to look friendly rather than bloodthirsty as he did so. "Very good. I am known as Sahyr... I tend to the mighty Kord's needs in this realm, and seek glory in battle. I also boast some skill in restoring men to fighting condition... though few seem to trust my abilities." He explained, before falling silent and observing, also looking about to ensure that no combat would erupt without his active participation.

Shayuri

First Post
"We would be best off with neither wagon nor horses," Aridha replied with a glance at Sahyr. "On foot we would not be limited to the trade roads, and could move swiftly along forest paths on a more direct route. And horses will only attract predators, and require frequent stops to feed."

She eyes Druthruss speculatively. "How much are you planning on bringing, that you need horse or wagon?"

Korash

First Post
"Well m'Lady, I be not knowin' for the others, but I be needin' ta be bringin' me sea chest along." He leans his chair back a bit and pats the chest that is sitting on the floor against the wall. "It may not be much, but it be all I got".

Redrobes

First Post
Well now, all I have to me name is my axe, my pack here and the leathers I wear but I was figuring that the Bone hills were called that for a reason. Not knowing much about these lands I thought to be taking my supper with me.

Were headin more East than North. Its been hinted that Hania might be already overrun with scum and it might be dangerous to go that way or we might have to skirt around it, not getting any more supplies. The forest lies east of that which we were going to avoid but it is true that the shortest distance to Hallowdale and Lolgoff is through the trees in a South Easterly direction then a dash across some of the Bonehills which if the terrain and weather permits should be no more than a day on foot.

If we are to go through forest then I would be my opinion that we should take passage with a barge upstream to Hania or beyond and then head through the forest. At least then we don't have to worry too much about supplies until the Bonehills.

Shayuri

First Post
"Barge," Aridha repeats with a frown. She looks away, then heaves a deep sigh.

"Very well...if that's what you require. I've no wish to make delays. If we're agreed, then we should depart as soon as we're ready."

Remove ads