• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D&D 4e] IG's "The Witchlight Strand"

Korash

First Post
OOC: After he gets back from securing a berth for the group, Vatan will stay at the bar with who ever else is interested. He is not planning on heavy drinking, just a few to be social and find out some about those who stick around. Any infro that is required (timing, ship and captain's name, pay - or lack thereof, and conditions of the trip) will be given then. When the last of the group retires he will do so as well after seeing if there can be a wakeup call for any of us staying at the Nest. Wake up being before sunrise. (shiver)

That is at least his plan.....

industrygothica

Adventurer
The fog settles in over Port Magalie; the glow from the far away Witchlights still shine through, and a beautiful--but eerie--ambiance is cast over the city.

The captain and his crew are are preparing to set off as you arrive at his vessel. He see's you right away and beckons you. "Aye, you made it. Well come on then, there's plenty o' work still to be done."

A few of the crewmen come over to help with your gear. Vatan gets more than one dirty look as they struggle to heave his chest on board, but those looks subside quickly enough when Aridha steps aboard.

The captain quickly comes over to greet you all, and shake your hands in turn. "Cap'n Ezekiel Winebourne, at yer service. Most just call me Zeke, o'course." He pauses when Aridha extends her hand. "Oh, uh.. pardon me, ma'am. I wasn't expectin' no ladies on board. It ain't no problem o'course; I'll be seein' to some private accommodations fer ya as soon as we set off."

[sblock=Aridha]Well, this should be a fun trip for you![/sblock]

[sblock=Colored text]FYI: If you use colored text for your dialogue, I'm reserving YELLOW for npc traffic. If there is more than one npc speaking in the narrative, then I'll choose an additional color that's not being used by anyone, but yellow is mine. ;)[/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
Sahyr looked about the ship, sniffing slightly though not unnoticeably as he stepped aboard, his slightly oversized blade hanging on his back as he grinned. "I can most certainly see a glorious battle here... should there be any enemies about..." The envoy of Kord commented, continuing to observe in general quiet as he awaits for their journey to begin.

Shayuri

First Post
Aridha gave the captain a quizzical look. "I don't often travel by ship, or with humans, so forgive me if my ignorance offends, but what does my being female have to do with anything?

renau1g

First Post
As the group is arriving at the docks, a man comes forward wearing scale armor and carrying a long blade at his hip and a heavy shield across his back. Pier would recognize him as the farmer from the tavern last night, Jude.

"I don't s'pose ya need an extra hand on this trip of yours do you?" the man asks.

[sblock=IG]
If you're ok with it, I'd like to switch out Knockdown Assault for Cleave.[/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
Sahyr chuckled at the elf's response. "Most rooms on ships are for many people... many men work on ships, not as many women..." He responded simply, before turning to examine the ship for any useful features to be taken advantage of, should the ship be attacked.

Shayuri

First Post
Aridha looked around at Sahyr and tried to piece it out.

"So...humans have a taboo about men and women sharing rooms. Is that only on ships, or in general? And I assume it only applies to unmated men and women."

Theroc

First Post
"So...humans have a taboo about men and women sharing rooms. Is that only on ships, or in general? And I assume it only applies to unmated men and women."

Sahyr chuckled again. "It is more that human women don't appreciate male eyes upon their forms when they are in private, unless they are mated, or if the woman wants to be mated. That and some human men have... more instinctive desires... I suppose you could simply say it is a taboo."

Remove ads