• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D&D 4e] IG's "The Witchlight Strand"

Korash

First Post
"Aye, my friend, we do be need'n to be on our way, but mi'thinks we c'nay be leavin' these villagers to starve if yon cowardly pond scum be near'bouts. A day of searchin' be doin' more good than harm I say."

Shayuri

First Post
"At the very least," Aridha said, "we can find if the orcs have any warriors left. If they're trying to settle or if they're moving on. Even if we don't fight them again, the town here would benefit from having some idea of what to expect in the future."

She looks at the rest of the party. "I realize I don't know you very well personally...but we have fought together, and bled together...and some of our number have already paid with their lives for what we've tried to accomplish together. I can't ask more of any of you than you've already offered. If you all wish to resume for the north, I won't blame you. I will rejoin you once I've scouted the orcs and reported back to this town. I won't count my job here done until that last task is done though."

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, human artificer

"If you all wish to resume for the north, I won't blame you. I will rejoin you once I've scouted the orcs and reported back to this town. I won't count my job here done until that last task is done though."

Weel shakes his head vigorously. "No, we shouldn't let the wolf-elf go alone, no. The orcs already killed the nice helpful thief, and it would be no good at all if there were more broken people, even if they help the ground. No, the orcs should help the ground. So we will help you!" It's clear Weel's 'we' is in reference to his various trinkets (as he keeps looking to them for approval, and nodding as if they are adding ideas to his small speech), and that he's not obligating any other party members to any course of action.

Korash

First Post
Weel's little speech earns him another friendly thump on the back and a chuckle from Vatan. "Aye Laddy, ye an' yer ...friends be welcome, and gladly I say." He will turn to the others, "What say ye, friends? Shall we see what yon gobbo scum be about, an' see if we able t' gather some provisions for these townies? Me thinks if we find them we be convincing them to leave somewhat of the foodstuffs behind. You know...subtle like." Vatan will end his speach with an exagerated wink and a grin.

[sblock=OCC]
(He is not known for his subtlty by the way....)
[/sblock]

Redrobes

First Post
Druthruss cant help but grin.

"Well if were going subtle then I say we should get a minstrel and a drummer boy to lead us all in. Alright, to their camp. Lets put some boot to hide. Lead the way, I'm a comin."

industrygothica

Adventurer
Yes, a skill challenge sounds perfect!

Goal: Determine current threat level.
Skills: Player's choice (use whatever skill you deem necessary, just make it sound good in the narrative. No intimidating trees to tell you what you want to know!)
DC: 13 for the first use of a given skill, 20 for each subsequent use by the same PC (pass or fail)
Complexity: 1 (augmented); 4 successes before 3 failures.

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, human artificer

Weel turned to the air next to him and began plucking at ... well, it certainly looked like he was pulling at strings, but there didn't seem to be anything there. After sorting invisible strands for a few moments, he finally yanked roughly at one.

"You there. Yes, you. No use pretending you aren't orc thread. I saw you all twisted up in those nasties, and just because they were cut free doesn't mean your other end isn't still in the orc knot. So you tell us how many you're tied up with, eh?"

OOC: Probably a stretch, but certainly not out of character for Weel to go asking questions of things that don't talk: trying to gather information from the arcana/aether about the orcs.

Arcana check. (1d20+10=21)

Korash

First Post
"Well, me be thinkin' if yon gobbos be walking with loot an' grub on board, me thinks they be leavin' some tracks behind. Methinks that a looksee abouts this town would not go amiss, an' likely pointin' which ways away they be headin'." Vatan will go towards the town edge, and return a good 30 minutes later looking quite embarassed, and pause before looking at the others and adding "Any land lubbers be willin' ta help a seadog ta be learnin' what signs he may be lookin for?"

[sblock=Searching]
Perception: 1d20+1 = 7
Roll Lookup
[/sblock]

Remove ads