• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D&D 4e] IG's "The Witchlight Strand"

Redrobes

First Post
Now that the battle is over, Druthruss will attend to Vatan and try to stabilize him. Then he is not going to want to forget to nip back and pick up that crossbow and any of his bolts he is able on the battlefield. Then start searching bodies.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Vatan coughs up a bit of red through his bloodstained teeth, but it appears that he will make it after some care and rest.

Druthruss's thorough search of the orc bodies proves profitable.

[sblock=Treasure]
Aftershock Crossbow, level 2 (Druthruss)
Surefoot Boots, level 5 (Vatan)
Claw Gloves, level 4 (Aridha)
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, human artificer

Weel can't take his eyes off of Gwendolyn's severed hand, still gripping the dagger that did the huge orc in.

Weel drops to the ground and crawls, gibbering, to Gwendolyn's severed hand as the orc finally falls. He picks it up and cradles it, saying "No, you musn't wander like that, little one. Do not worry, we will take you home."

He moves to the body Pier has covered with the cloak, moving the cloak aside enough to find the wrist from which the hand was severed. He holds one to the other and smiles. "See? This is safe. It is belonging. You belong here."

He releases the hand, and the strange little man's smile falls just as the hand does, still severed. He looks back and forth from hand to arm, frowning. He tries once more, whispering, "You are stubborn and want to wander and we understand, we really do, but you belong here for now. It is right for you to be part of the whole, yes?" But once again the hand fails to attach.

Looking up, confused and frightened, Weel says, "Why doesn't it listen? Why won't it belong? Is it because of me? Because I touched it and I don't belong? I am good at fixing, but this will not fix."

Korash

First Post
Now that the battle is over, Druthruss will attend to Vatan and try to stabilize him.

*Cough* * Cough* In a weak voice Vatan will say "Ach, laddy. Ye be too ugly ta be bein' a Shield Maiden....Me be guess'n we won?" and then will lay his head back down to rest....

Shayuri

First Post
Aridha goes to Weel and kneels down beside him, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry. She's past what aid we can offer her. All we can do now is bury her body, and remember her sacrifice."

Midgardsormr

First Post
As he passes by Deeson Voss, Pier pauses a moment, "Master Voss, we got a look at your storage houses, and the orcs have emptied them. Without foodstuffs, I do not think you have much chance to survive here. We can try to shepherd you to barbarian lands, but I do not know what kind of reception you will receive there. Port Magalie will certainly accept refugees, but it could be a perilous journey. We fought goblins before we even reached Hania."

jkason

First Post

Aridha goes to Weel and kneels down beside him, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry. She's past what aid we can offer her. All we can do now is bury her body, and remember her sacrifice."

Weel looks up to Aridha, and seems to be ready to say something, then apparently thinks better of it. He nods.

"Yes, the ground is a good place. Bodies help things grow in the ground," he says sadly, setting the severed hand down next to the body.

industrygothica

Adventurer
"The Journey either way is too much for Hania's people," Deeson Voss says. "They are strong, but will be less so on the road without something to fight for. It will ultimately be up to them, but I suspect we'll be staying here and making what we can of it. I suspect, too, that you may be surprised in the end." Voss gives Pier a wink before making his way to Gwendolyn's body.

"A sad loss indeed," he says. "But one that will not soon be forgotten; nor will any of our fallen. Let us gather them all, and do what must be done."

jkason

First Post

Weel, apparently oblivious to the fact he's in the center of a main town square, starts digging, muttering to the ground, "No, no one likes to be all jumbled, up, but you have to make room now, and when it's all over you'll be full, and won't you like that?"

industrygothica

Adventurer
Weel, apparently oblivious to the fact he's in the center of a main town square, starts digging, muttering to the ground, "No, no one likes to be all jumbled, up, but you have to make room now, and when it's all over you'll be full, and won't you like that?"

Deeson Voss lays his big, thick hand on the artificer's shoulder. "Not here, son. There is ground more deserving of a hero."

Remove ads