• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D&D 4e] IG's "The Witchlight Strand"

Shayuri

First Post
"This was a major attack," Aridha says, looking over the plumes of smoke rising from the stricken town like black trees of ill omen. "They wouldn't have strayed far with so many forces. It would gather too much attention. They may be trying to establish a new settlement nearby."

Her eyes came to rest on Mr. Voss. "In which case, your troubles may just be beginning."

Redrobes

First Post
"Before the sun goes down we should set a place for Gwendolyn in the ground so that Moradin can keep an eye on her. She should have her heroines marker so that she will be remembered."

"But while there is bright light in the sky either from the rest of today or tomorrow, we should also do a little scouting and find out what is happening around here - keep well out of site tho. We could be surrounded by the scum for all we know. And if they seem to be a gatherin' then if it were up to me, I would pack my bags and head out in the opposite direction."

"An' I'd put the head of that scum wallower over there on a spike so that they know they will not just stroll in here like some filthy minstrel on mid summers eve."

"I swear I'm gonna take ten of them for our one lost today."

Korash

First Post
After quaffing one of his remaining potions Vatan will slowly join the group around the fallen woman. He arrives just in time to hear Druthruss utter his words of revenge. After a look at the scene he says, "Aye, Lad. Though I knew her not, I shall be raising a glass to her for some time to come, and counting no few of the pox ridden scum to her tally. I but wish I could have done more to bring yon beasty down a'fore it reached this end." Turning to Voss, he will unknowingly echo the thought of those around him. "Mi'lord, it be sure that this be no safe place with no food. It might be best to leave, but I not know where ye be bound...Mayhap on the morrow we be looking for some place away from these invading scum for ye. Me need but rest for a wee bit an' I be ready for some payback me thinks"

industrygothica

Adventurer
"Leave Tenanai," Deeson Voss says to those preparing the bodies. "He'll go by way of the pyre, as is the way of his people.

The following day is spent in near silence as the graves are prepared, but finally the task is complete and the rites are read. And as the sun falls past the horizon, Deeson Voss himself sets the torch to send Tenanai home.

"It is done," he says calmly.

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, human artificer

After Voss' intervention, Weel decides it's better to let others handle the burial; it's clear to him that he's misunderstanding how the world works again. He sticks to the periphery, fiddling with bits and bobs he finds during the collection of bodies, muttering to himself, trying to keep his voice low. The newcomers don't seem to mind him as much as the villagers; he decides, if he can just keep quiet enough, maybe he can stay with them when they go...

Shayuri

First Post
"Deeson," Aridha says quietly as she comes up beside him. "The time is coming when we should be going. We came through here on an important journey, and that hasn't changed."

She looks around the decimated town and shakes her head. "Even so, I would be willing to track the orcs that escaped this town and follow them to where they make camp. Perhaps we can recover some of what they took before they move on."

industrygothica

Adventurer
Deeson Voss puts his large hand on the elf's seemingly frail shoulder. "I understand the importance of your journey; Port Magalie's relations with Hallowdale will have a great impact on Hania as well. But if you can spare another day, your offer is well received. Anything you can recover will be a blessing."

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, human artificer

"We can help, too," Weel offers excitedly. "Me and Skitgami and Bytsab, and even the Globby Twins came back!" he says, patting the small pouches of fluid that do, indeed, seem to have reconstituted when no one was watching. The young man's normally-animated self goes still as he says, "And we promise not to cause trouble if we can."

Korash

First Post
"And we promise not to cause trouble if we can."

Vatan lets out a loud laugh as he gives Weel a hearty slap on the back that knocks him forward a couple of steps. "Ach, laddy. If ye be causin' trouble like ye did a'fore wit' yon gobbos, mi'thinks ye be most welcome to be causin' as much trouble as ye be wanting to." He will sober up a bit after a few more chuckles and continue, "Aye, Voss, I too would be itchin' to be finding any of these scum sucking bilge rats that be hide'n here abouts. There be much they be owing for. Me burnt beard and all not the most of it all, niether"

Redrobes

First Post
"Yes yes, I intend to be _most_ troublesome indeed."

he pauses a little then adds.

"Fighting is the Dwarven way, but its also the Orc way too. We should fight them without fighting. Cause them much grief but without dueling hand to hand. We should use vermin poison on their food, steal their weapons while they sleep, burn their wagons and make them fight amongst themselves. We do this or we raise an army, but we cant just stroll into their camp and start making assertions about their mothers... even if those would, in all probability, be true."

"But in truth, unless their camp is in our path I think we should avoid them this time and head towards the barbarians. We may then get our army."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads