[d20 Modern] The "In Character" Character game Part One

ThoughtBubble

First Post
KitanaVorr said:
Then she stops a minute before giving Daniel an odd stare. "er...if this is on par for one your dreams, what exactly am I?"

"Probablly the wellspring of unknown power. From what I overheard, it seems like this hiccuping is connected to that glow. And whatever's the cause, it's setting us apart. I guess as a part of me, you'd represent untapped potential. Or the ability to tap the untapped."

Festy_Dog said:

"Yeah, I was wondering what I would be too," Festy says, "But you know what would be really ironic? If this really was Daniel's dream and he has been asleep for what has seemed the entirety of our lifetimes thus far. Then when he wakes up we all just cease to exist, something so sudden we don't see it coming, like a film just stopping half way through. No credits, nothing."

"That would be interesting. That's the problem when you're dealing with conciousness and memories in the context of what defines them. When you think about it, we can't be sure. After all, my remembering dreams like this could just be a part of the dream itself. Heck, now that it's passed, I can't be sure that fight is more than a construct of the dream. Moreso than the dream is a construct of itself..." Daniel trails off for a moment. "Anyway, I get the feeling that this is one of those important dreams. If I woke up, we'd change into functional parts of my mind. But the thought that an alarm clock could cut this short is pretty sobering."

"As to what you'd be, well I don't know a word for it, but given you can use an unassuming little thing like that gun to strip your opponents of their powers and identity, something deeply mystical. Or maybe just the ability to leave people stunned, without their usual facilities, forcing them into more primitive forms. Or maybe you're revealing what they truely are." Daniel shrugs. "I'd have to spend a little more time with you to make a good guess."

Sixchan said:
"Daniel, didn't you say something about how I represented your formal struggle with gender identity, and now that you had accepted what you are, you had to help me accept myself too?" Six points to her breasts. "What do these tell you then about your gender struggle, hmm?"

Daniel smiles, amused with Six. "Talk about focusing on only a part of the picture. If I didn't know better, I'd say you were trying to phrase that in the most embarrassing way possible." Since Six is pointing them out anyway, Daniel takes a long, appraising look at her breasts. "But it tells me that I don't have problems anymore. Oh, by the way," Daniel says with a wink. "They're very nice."

Festy_Dog

First Post
Festy opens his mouth to say something, then doesn't, then tries again, then fails again. He shrugs, looks at his pink, water pistol looking weapon, then back to Daniel.

"You're smart," Festy says, "Yeah, the gun's useful and all, but it clearly doesn't fill the place of a self-defense weapon. As you can guess turning an attacker into a dire bear doesn't really stop them in their tracks, kinda makes their tracks bigger if you ask me. Anyways I'd take an MP5F any day, or a G36C, in fact just about anything made by Heckler & Koch."

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Jemal, who's been sloooowly inching closer to Daniel, suddenly reaches out and Pinches him.
"BOO! You're not asleep. OH hey BTW, Festy, want a knife to use when you're not shooting the transmorgrifier?"

He stops and looks back at Daniel as he pulls a switchblade out and offers it to Festy. "WAIT a second, a few minutes ago, I was the guy/chick, and you said the same thing about me that u just finished sayin about Pinkie.. So what am I NOW if I USED to represent your gender struggles, but then I became a guy and HE became a girl? Huh?"

"Hey, where'd Wee-willi-wonka go with that suit?"

KitanaVorr

First Post
Hanh coughs and fails miserably in hiding her amusement. "Well, being the well spring of power and all that isn't too bad I suppose." Though her eyebrows arch slightly as Daniel gives Six the once over and then laughs at Six's response.

Vivi stands there, looking rather impatient. "Well, anytime you want to go is good," he answers Festy, watching as Jackie and Bruce are freed. "But all of you look pretty hurt."

Meanwhile, Wille slids himself into the suit while in the locker room. It snaps itself into place, fitting him perfectly and now he looks like the blue ninja! Of course, too bad it didn't come with instructions...

OOC: No, Six, you don't have the umbrella.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Wille collects his clothes and then walks back to the hall. He goes to his backpack and puts his clothes there. He then turns to the others, spreading his hands.
"What do you think?"

Festy_Dog

First Post
Festy nods and gives Wille a thumbs up, then gladly accepts the knife offered, putting it away for later use.

"Well, we'd better get going," he says at length and starts to follow Vivi.

ThoughtBubble

First Post
Sixchan said:
Six frowns. "Hey! Don't get any ideas, this won't be turning into that kind of dream!"

Daniel smiles, shakes his head and laughs. "Don't worry Six, you're not my type."

He waves and gives Wille a thumbs up before continuing. "Listen, I can explain the rest on the way. It's not actually as ridiculous as it sounds." He pauses. "How pressing is this Vivi? If it's very important, I can come back and look for my stuff later. If not, could you all spare five minutes to help me look for a red, taped up backpack?" For a moment, Daniel thinks back to Vivi from FF9, then adds "Be honest though, I'm not going to be offended either way, and I owe you one for the help."

If Vivi doesn't say that it's important, Daniel will start searching for his backpack.

OOC: Sorry I'm holding this up.

KitanaVorr

First Post
After a few minutes of searching, Daniel finds his backpack in one of the lockers in the men's locker room.

He also finds what appears to be a huge compass or clock...or something in one of the lockers that is about as a big as the palm of his hand. Currently the needle is spinning around and around in lazy circles. There is some odd writing on the edge of it, that he couldn't decipher.

Meanwhile, Festy and Vivi start heading toward the door with Vivi looking around nervously.

Last edited:

Remove ads