• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The In Character Character Game: Part III

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"No offense, but you're an odd one," says Tom, still amiable. "I can barely boil water, so let's discuss another part. When you say 'god is dead,' do you mean in the Nietzschian sense of rejecting Christian morality, or in the sense that there was once an omnipotent- well, if he died, obviously not- being that fell somehow?"

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Thomas Hobbes said:
"No offense, but you're an odd one," says Tom, still amiable. "I can barely boil water, so let's discuss another part. When you say 'god is dead,' do you mean in the Nietzschian sense of rejecting Christian morality, or in the sense that there was once an omnipotent- well, if he died, obviously not- being that fell somehow?"

"The Nietzchean, though it's primarily a rejection of the theology, not the morality."

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"The morality too, obviously, since you say there is none. Is your worldview- what, mechanistic? Humanist? Not that you can easily pidgeonhole that sort of thing, but...."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Thomas Hobbes said:
"The morality too, obviously, since you say there is none. Is your worldview- what, mechanistic? Humanist? Not that you can easily pidgeonhole that sort of thing, but...."

"I don't actively believe in a deity, because I've seen no evidence for, and no consistent model which includes both a benevolent or powerful deity and all observable phenomena. I don't believe in any inherent worth to humans as such, so you couldn't really call me a humanist; I don't like mechanistic universes, because they're deterministic, and I'd rather believe I have free will."

Festy_Dog

First Post
Festy listens to the conversation, understanding it to a degree. He decides this would be a good opportunity to continue trying to repair the SOCOM, so he sits down at the glass table and proceeds to dismantle it, then dig grime out of the hard to reach places with the key he picked up.

Remove ads