• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DCC #7 The Secret of Smuggler's Cove (full)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
MC's gnome of trickery check over...

[sblock=Iago Heddwyn Pedr Botolph]
Male gnome cleric 3/rogue 2 (which is favored class?)
CG Small humanoid (gnome)
Init +1; Senses low-light vision; Perception +12 (+13 to locate traps)

DEFENSE
AC 19, touch 13, flat-footed 17 (+5 armor, +1 Dex, +1 Dodge, +1 size, +1 shield) Note: mistmail loses armor bonus when in "fog" mode
hp 42 (5d8+10) 50 = [5d8(40) + CON(10)]
Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +6
Defensive Abilities evasion, magical linguist, sudden shift (5/day)

OFFENSE
Speed 20 ft.
Melee masterwork bastard sword +6 (1d8+1/19-20)
Ranged masterwork bastard sword +7 (1d8+1/19-20, 30 ft. range)
Special Attacks channel energy 2d6 (7/day), hand of the acolyte (5/day), sneak attack +1d6
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 5th):
1/day - arcane mark, comprehend languages, message, read magic
Spells per Day 4/3+1/2+1
Spells Prepared (CL 3rd):
2nd - bear's endurance, mirror image*, remove paralysis
1st - bless, disguise self*, magic weapon, shield of faith
Oth - detect magic, light, mage hand, stabilize
* Domain spell. Domains Deception, Magic

STATISTICS
Str 12, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 15
Not sure how you spent your points please list for me. I have you at 21pts spent.
Base Atk +3; CMB +3; CMD 14
Feats Dodge, Extra Channel, Mobility
Traits Collector (+2 Disable Device), Two-World Magic (mage hand)
Skills (Ranks) Bluff +7 (2), Craft (weaponsmithing) +10 (5), Disable Device +14* (+16* related to glyphs, symbols, scrolls, and other magical writings - is this from your favored class racial alt bonus?) (5), Escape Artist +5* (2), Knowledge (engineering) +7 (4), Knowledge (local) +10 (3), Perception +12 (+13 to locate traps) (5), Sense Motive +7 (2), Stealth +9* (2), Use Magic Device +10 (+12 related to glyphs, symbols, scrolls, and other magical writings - is this from your favored class racial alt bonus?) (5)

Have you at 35 out of 32 skill ranks used. Hmmm... did you use three Favored class points I wonder? really need to know which class is your favored and where you spent your FC points.
Skill Ranks: 32 = [Cleric (6) + Rogue (16) + INT (10)]

Disable device is the only skill whose total I don't understand (all others check out) I get:

Disable Device: +12 = Ranks (5) + Class skill (3) + DEX (1) + racial (1) +trapfinding (1) + item (2) - ACP (1)

Racial Modifiers +1 Disable Device, +1 Knowledge (engineering), +2 Knowledge (local), +2 Perception; *Armor Check Penalty -1; N.B. Knowledge (engineering) is not a class skill.
Languages Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Gnome, Sylvan
SQ aura, spontaneous casting, Orisons, trapfinding (+1), trap spotter

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Academician: Some gnomes are more academically inclined than their kin. Gnomes with this racial trait gain a +2 bonus on any one Knowledge skill.

Hand of the Acolyte (Su): You can cause your melee weapon to fly from your grasp and strike a foe before instantly returning. As a standard action, you can make a single attack using a melee weapon at a range of 30 feet. This attack is treated as a ranged attack with a thrown weapon, except that you add your Wisdom modifier to the attack roll instead of your Dexterity modifier (damage still relies on Strength). This ability cannot be used to perform a combat maneuver. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.

Keen Senses: Gnomes receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception skill checks.

Magical Linguist: Gnomes study languages in both their mundane and supernatural manifestations. Gnomes with this racial trait add +1 to the DC of spells they cast with the language-dependent descriptor or those that create glyphs, symbols, or other magical writings. They gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against such spells. Gnomes with a Charisma of 11 or higher also gain the following spell-like abilities: 1/day - arcane mark, comprehend languages, message, read magic.

Master Tinker: Gnomes experiment with all manner of mechanical devices. Gnomes with this racial trait gain a +1 bonus on Disable Device and Knowledge (engineering) checks. They are treated as proficient with any weapon they have personally crafted.

Sudden Shift (Sp): In the blink of an eye, you can appear somewhere else. As an immediate action, after you are missed by a melee attack, you can teleport up to 10 feet to a space that you can see. This space must be inside the reach of the creature that attacked you. You can use this power a number of times each day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.

Weapon Familiarity: Gnomes treat any weapon with the word "gnome" in its name as a martial weapon.

Gear arcane scroll (darkvision x2(300gp), levitate(150gp), protection from arrows(150gp)), arcane scroll (invisibility x4(600gp)), cloak of resistance +1(1,000gp), handy haversack(2,000gp), mistmail(2,250gp), masterwork bastard sword(185.3gp), masterwork small wooden shield(153gp), masterwork thieves' tools(100gp), muleback cords(1,000gp), necklace of fireballs (Type 1)(1,650gp), wand of cure light wounds (50 charges)(750gp) Note: You will need a holy symbol to cast some of your spells and to use your channel energy ability. Also you have collector and should list - Collection (??lb) and give a weight as to how much of the haversack it is filling up please.

Weight carried: 27.5lb (light load)

Remaining Wealth: 211 gp & 7 sp[/sblock]

[sblock=Crafting a Bastard Sword]
Crafting MW Component for Bastard Sword
DC 20; Cost 3000 sp; Raw Materials Total Cost 1500 sp

Check 1: 1d20+10=20 = 400/1000 sp progress.
Check 2: 1d20+10=14 = failure; pay 500 sp.
Check 3: 1d20+10=24 = 880/1000 sp progress
Check 4: 1d20+10=20 - 1280/1000 sp progress; MW component complete!

Crafting Bastard Sword
DC 18; Cost 350 sp; Raw Materials Cost 117 sp + 59 sp + 59 sp + 59 sp

Check 1: 1d20+10=11 = failure; pay 59 sp.
Check 2: 1d20+10=12 = failure; pay 59 sp.
Check 3: 1d20+10=13 = failure; pay 59 sp.
Check 4: 1d20+10=15 = no progress.
Check 5: 1d20+10=16 = no progress.
Check 6: 1d20+10=14 = no progress.
Check 7: 1d20+10=12 = failure; pay 59 sp.
Checks 8-10: 1d20+10=22, 1d20+10=24, 1d20+10=19 = three successes; 396/350 sp with check 8.

Results: masterwork bastard sword; cost 1,853 sp

Nice :) saved a little money and became auto proficient. I noticed the IC roller rolled a 1, then a 2, then a 3 for your first three sword crafting checks all in a row. Odd.

[/sblock]

HM

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
[sblock=Secret Message Stuff]
Not sure how you spent your points please list for me. I have you at 21pts spent.

Costs: Str 5, Dex 3, Con 1, Int 5, Wis 3, Cha 3. Stats adjusted in IC thread.

is this from your favored class racial alt bonus?

is this from your favored class racial alt bonus?

Yes. :)

Have you at 35 out of 32 skill ranks used. Hmmm... did you use three Favored class points I wonder?

No, just not paying attention to the way I shuffled points around. Mea culpa maxima.

Disable device is the only skill whose total I don't understand (all others check out) I get:

Disable Device: +12 = Ranks (5) + Class skill (3) + DEX (1) + racial (1) +trapfinding (1) + item (2) - ACP (1)

+2 trait bonus from Collector. :)

Note: You will need a holy symbol to cast some of your spells and to use your channel energy ability. Also you have collector and should list - Collection (??lb) and give a weight as to how much of the haversack it is filling up please.

No idea how much a collection weighs. Text doesn't specify. Added darkwood holy symbol for 11 gp. I'll get a haversack breakdown done ASAP.
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=What secret? LOL]No need to break the collection down unless you wish to. Just need to know how much of your weight allowance it is filling. Your character is 5th lvl so probably say 1/3 the total weight allowed for the haversack?

So I guess rogue is the favored class. ;)[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
I'm making progress, got some information up on animal companion and spells. Just need to work over the equipment list a bit and type up some background stuff. I have it in my head, just have to get typed up.

Fenris

Adventurer
[MENTION=2820]Fenris[/MENTION] checking to see if you are still out there and wishing to play.

HM

Absolutely! Sorry for the delay, end of the semester is always crazy for me. I will get my Monk finished up tonight or at the latest tomorrow for you.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Blargh. I was going to work on him tonight at work, but then there was actual WORK to do... *grumble* Tomorrow's my day off... I'll get at 'er first thing tomorrow. I bought his gear, just haven't transferred it to print yet. Also, [MENTION=84167]HolyMan[/MENTION], I fixed my skills in the RG.

Remove ads