Destiny's Tears-Prologue: A Jewel in the Shadow Part II

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Molpe Lilypetals: Limnad/Female (Siren)

RA: [sblock]* Though Molpe trusted Mercy their was something about how said talked about this little room that unnerved her, maybe it was because it was the first thing Mercy had ever implied that Molpe wouldn’t like when in truth Molpe wasn’t liking any of this and wanted to go to Zarina’s and no where else. *

“A cozy little room?” Molpe looked worried, “I guess we can go to the Clerk’s Ward if its better than the little room but I would rather go to the bathhouse my sister runs. Could we do that instead?” [/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Molpe:
[SBLOCK]
"I'll tell you what Molpe--I will try, OK? You're so sweet and helpful in this that they might just agree--and I have an idea to convince them, too--Most people we try to bring in fight with us and make it harder on themselves than it needs to be. Will you feel better if I tried to ask them that, Molpe?"
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

[sblock]“Yes,” Molpe answered with a smile as she nodded and explained why it was so important to her, “If I don’t make it to the Bathhouse for two hours than I will need to find food and I would really not have to deal with the side effects to that today cause I have to give a speech and stand around in public all day and I’m really running out of time to do that.” [/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Molpe:
[SBLOCK]
"Well, it sounds like you really need to visit the bathhouse then, Molpe. I'll make sure to try my best to get them to let you go there, OK? They'll want you to be supervised, so I'll try to get them to pick me, and we can go there together, OK? And look, here we are!"

*Mercy gestures at the large white-marble building the trio had reached.*
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

RA: [sblock]“Okay, I would appreciate it,” Molpe paused in her speaking to turn and look at the building before her in a combination of gloom and awe, “so what do I do now, Mercy?” [/sblock]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

[sblock]“Okay,” Molpe says trying to look brave for Mercy but not feeling very brave at all as she follows the young kind guard. [/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Molpe:
[SBLOCK]
*Mercy, Yryaza, and Molpe walk into the building, and Mercy walks over to a higher-ranking guard and salutes.*

"Sir, we've brought in this Nymph, who has been charged with being the Crazan Arris thief. Barryn has decided to drop his charges, which leaves only the Mojiin, and she says it was self-defense."

"Oh, is that so? Well then she'll probably get out of this with a fine or a week or some other slap-on-the-hand. Put in her custody until we can gather the judge and attorneys for tomorrow. Does she have one for herself?"

"I'll ask, sir, but with all due respect, she's scared and tired and just wants to take a soak in the bathhouse. Can I not watch her there instead of in a cell?"

"She could be a criminal, Mercy...you're really too kind to potential criminals...you know that, right?"

"Sir, what if you magically enforced her to come back? I know she'll agree--she's been very helpful so far."

"Very few agree to that, but you can try if you want."

"Molpe," Mercy asks, "Two questions: First, do you have an attorney of your own? Second, are you willing to accept a spell that will make you come back when they need you in exchange for being able to go to the bathhouse or wherever you like?"
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

RA: [sblock]* Molpe looks at the exchange in utter confusion, Mojiins? Fines? a week a what? Being slapped around? It was too much to handle and she broke down and cried again unable to answer any of the questions asked of her. * [/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Molpe:
[SBLOCK]
"See, now look what you made her do!" Mercy chides her superior officer, a bit upset herself to see Molpe cry.

"She's just trying to get her way, like a spoiled child," he replies, "Get back to me when she actually has an answer."

*And he walks away.*

*Mercy approaches Molpe, and if the Nymph accepts her, she tries to cradle the crying Molpe in her arms, rocking her gently.*

"Hush now, its going to be OK. I think I've convinced them to let you go see your sister Zarina and even give your speech! That's really good, and I wasn't sure they would do it. Just calm down..." she strokes Molpe gently to calm her down, "Calm down..."
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads