Do you have evil PCs in your campaign(s)?

Do you have evil PCs in your campaign(s)?

• I never have and I don't plan on it.

Votes: 23 23.7%
  • I never have but I would like to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I have in the past but not right now. I liked it.

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • I have in the past but not right now. I didn't like it.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • I'm currently in an all evil campaign.

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • I'm currently in a campaign with mixed alignments, some evil.

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 3.1%

MythandLore

First Post
We had one "non-good" group last year, in the end the alignment rift became to large and the neutrals and evils killed eachother.
It was a TPA.
I don't think I'm going to run another game like that for a long time.
Nope not for a long time.

Infact, I think it's best to only let players be "good" since that experiance.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Hey! How come there's no "I don't use alignment nyah nyah nyah" option?

On the one hand, my party consorts with vampires, drug smugglers, warlords and accountants. On the other hand... er... They're not themselves vampires, drug smugglers or warlords.

Or accountants. *shiver*

Benben

First Post
It's uncommon but not rare.

Currently DMing a Lawful Evil ranger/rogue. Very little party conflict. I'm careful to keep their goals aligned.

It helps that the majority of the group is neutral too.

Castellan

First Post
I have a player who always plays Neutral Evil characters. He'll select other alignments, but he always plays the character as Neutral Evil... No amount of helping or prodding works, either. *sigh*

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I would only allow it if the player had the intention of playing someone who redeems himself and become good. . .

Or a good a chracter who becomes evil (and thus an NPC). . .

No other exceptions.

Olive

Explorer
most peopel seem to think that evil means "totally self obsessed and willign to do anything", where as to me it means "happy to be violent as hell, and wanting to kill or main" among other thigns...you can be evil with out being insane.

also, you can still have friends while beign evil...just like being CN doesn't mean disagreeing with everything that everybody says all the time...

Someguy

First Post
Olive said:
most peopel seem to think that evil means "totally self obsessed and willign to do anything", where as to me it means "happy to be violent as hell, and wanting to kill or main" among other thigns...you can be evil with out being insane.

also, you can still have friends while beign evil...just like being CN doesn't mean disagreeing with everything that everybody says all the time...

Exactly, I would noly let certain players in my group be evil for this purpose...
Most play it as being total jack@$$es, who don't care about the party, and end up wanting to destroy it...

Good and evil can be freinds...

GROUP HUG!

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
We are in and Evil campaign, and truthful we aren't that evil. We could ber much, much worse. That is the only way I'd play with Evil PCs. They all are or none of them are. And the same for CN. Few people can really play that correctly.

Remove ads