Doctor Who: Jodie Whitaker’s last episode [spoilers]

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I guess that means the D&D movie and D&D LEGO articles need to be removed, since they are not directly about the game? Besides, there are Doctor Who RPGs, so this has as much, or as little, connection as those do to actual gaming.
You seem upset. I'm sorry for any part I played in that.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
I guess that means the D&D movie and D&D LEGO articles need to be removed, since they are not directly about the game? Besides, there are Doctor Who RPGs, so this has as much, or as little, connection as those do to actual gaming.
I think the general idea is that articles should be about media properties that derive from RPGs (especially the ur-RPG that is D&D), not about media that also has an RPG associated to it. Otherwise, you could make an argument that reviews of Andor should be on the front page since there have been numerous Star Wars RPGs, or that we need an article when Wendy's announces their 3Q earnings, since Wendy's has an RPG.

And ultimately, Morrus runs the site, so whatever "guidelines" there might be are always subject to editorial rule zero. :)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
By jumping a shark. (Seriously, though, this twist just killed any interest I had left in Doctor Who.)

Well, for one thing Tennant's still my favorite of new Who, so I'm good with it.

For another, in a way, this feels like them doing something a little different, even if it is different by way of something the same. And if it is, well, that's brilliant, innit?

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
Not upset, just the usual typed word not representing intent. It was more coming out of you saying "Article?" like you did not know what an article was. lol
Maybe it deserves its own thread announcing it in the Geek Talk & Media forum, but I think anyone who would be interested in that is already reading this thread... :unsure:

And if you live outside the UK, all new episodes starting in 2023 will now stream on Disney Plus! I had no idea that deal was being worked on. @Morrus is this big enough news for it's own article?

Lol. They piqued my interest with Tennant but repelled it with Disney Plus. I may just buy the individual episodes on Amazon (just not willing to pay another streaming service beyond Prime and Netflix at this point).

Remove ads