• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Doctor Who Ncuti Gatwa Xmas Special & s1

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I was also struck by how good working/middle class London looked. I'm not sure what marching orders they gave to the cinematography crew, but it looked like a million bucks without looking too implausible.

MarkB

Legend
Since they've set it up a bit, I hope we do get to find out who Ruby's birth-mother is at some point. I just hope they don't go with the stupidly-obvious one of her turning out to be her own mother - though having her turn out to be the woman we see leaving her at the church and walking away would work.

Omand

Hero
I think she is the same person, but in between those two times she met the Doctor properly and got a ride in the TARDIS or had to be rescued or something.
I was tongue in cheek with my Rani comment.

Supposedly the Mrs. Flood actress previously appeared on Eastenders back in the 1990s when there was a one-off Dr. Who crossover episode for Comic Relief or another similar charity. Might simply be a sly in-joke about that history with the 4th Wall break rather than anything more complex.

But then, it could be something.

Remove ads