• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DollHouse #! Ghost Season 1/2009

Felon

First Post
You completely missed the character then. All I got was that he's the anti of what I've seen on other shows.
Grog pretty much went down the list and hit every nail squarely on the head, so I'd be interested to know what makes you think he completely missed the character.

He's the "anti" of what you've seen on other shows? What did he say or do that was so different? What, nobody's ever done a rule-breaking cop on the edge before?

satori01

First Post
Looks like poor ratings might not kill it off:
Dollhouse: Dollhouse Finds Its Audience... On iTunes

Which is why "ratings" are a silly concept now. My Satellite TV service was out last week, so I wound up streaming the show from Fox's Website to my TV. Given the amount of shows that are released for free, and the others which can viewed from Season Discs from Netflix....we are entering a cable/satellite optional world.

As for the show....it was mediocre, but nothing that left me not wanting to deny it existence. When Fringe started...I was very iffy on the show....now I think it is a good solid show. I am willing to let a show start slow.

As for Dushku....she will be the issue....general consensus seems to be....not really a stellar actress.

Grog

First Post
It's possible that I was too hard on the show. But the hype has been through the roof, and I think I'm a lot more inclined to notice Joss's bad traits these days. For example, the River effect, where we're supposed to believe that thin, waiflike girls without super powers can kick ass like Slayers can. In the scene at the end, when Sierra broke into the cabin, my first thought was to wonder how she managed to fire a shotgun one-handed without breaking her stick-thin wrist.

But, maybe it'll get better.

John Crichton

First Post
It's possible that I was too hard on the show. But the hype has been through the roof, and I think I'm a lot more inclined to notice Joss's bad traits these days. For example, the River effect, where we're supposed to believe that thin, waiflike girls without super powers can kick ass like Slayers can. In the scene at the end, when Sierra broke into the cabin, my first thought was to wonder how she managed to fire a shotgun one-handed without breaking her stick-thin wrist.

But, maybe it'll get better.
Perhaps you've become blinded to the Hot Chick with a Gun factor. Not a fan? You're missing out, missing the point or it just isn't your thing.

And maybe there's a reason, maybe there isn't as to why a smallish girl can fire a weapon like that. I couldn't care less. Has no bearing on my enjoyment of any show. They aren't exactly going for realism.

First ep wasn't great, but I enjoyed it just fine.

Krug

Newshound
Ratings still blah: Walsh a ratings winner for ABC - Entertainment News, TV News, Media - Variety

Fox's 9 p.m. frosh drama "Dollhouse" eased from its opening to a 1.7 rating/5 share in the adults 18-49 demo, according to prelim Nielsens, down from last week's opening score of 2.0/6. "Dollhouse" did improve on its 8 p.m. lead-in, "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" (1.3/5 in 18-49 and 3.8 million viewers overall), which continues to underwhelm in its new slot.

Fast Learner

First Post
I just constantly want to shout to the programmers, "IT'S FRIDAY NIGHT, YOU IDIOTS! I know you think that sci-fi fans have no lives BUT YOU'RE WRONG, STOP EXPECTING THEM TO STAY HOME ON FRIDAY NIGHTS!"

Gah!

Richards

Legend
Ah, but try to see it from the minds of the studio executives. Some show's going to have to be stuck in the Friday night "death slot." Which demographic of their viewing audience is most likely to stay home on a Friday night to watch TV? Probably those sci-fi dorks, they probably don't have much of a life beyond TV and movies anyway.

Seriously, I'll bet that's their thinking.

Johnathan

Remove ads