Dragonlance: Taming The Taman-Busuk

Velmont

First Post
Here a quick idea for common background:

-=-=-=-=-

I suppose Invis took some time before beocming a squire or a knight. During that time, he must have done some mercenary works. During that time, he had fallen on many strange companion. Among these strange companion, he fall on Yeblin (or I should say, Yeblin fall on him). The young kender impress by the man, decided to follow him around and offer him his service as a cook. Also, he take care that his knight doesn't lose his trinkets, knights are always distracted by there duty...

Once he join the order, his first mission has been to come and support the new outpost. Most of the population are knights, but in that colony, a few dwarves have come to support, mainly to build the fortifications and to maintain the equipement of the kinght. Among them, is Gorash, the only weaponsmith and sipiritual guide of his people. He past almost all his time at his forge, maintaining the wepaons of teh outpost, or in teh small chapel dedicated to Reorx, where all dwarves pay tribute to the Creator God.

-=-=-=-=-

That's short and sweet, but it allow everyone to devellop there own background and personality. I suggest everyone put an anecdote in ihs story about something that happen between his character and anotehr character, to devellop a bit more the ties.

Tailspinner's wizard could easily come from the mercenary troop Invis was in and he decide to follow invis for his own reason.

Velmont

First Post
Voadam said:
ooh, poor rolls

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=606529

16, 10, 11, 10, 13, 13,

I think it is still better than the roll of Strahd... Sorry if I didn,t included you into the little story, I had no idea about how to introduce you into that story... I don't try to make all the five of us all great friend, but at least that we know each other a little, and maybe some will have more stories than with the other. Like in that story I made, I see Yeblin more close to Invis than Gorash, as he know Invis for more time.

Velmont

First Post
Does someone have the stats of the Hoopak or Chapak and other kender's weapon? And also, are they exotic weapon, or they martial weapon for a kender?

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
The hoopak you can fight with as a small-sized staff in melee or a sling in ranged combat. Kender treat it as a martial weapon, but to other races it's an exotic weapon (not to mention the fact that other races might get weird looks for wielding a kender weapon). The v-portion of the hoopak is good for disarming opponents, giving the wielder a +2 bonus to attack rolls on disarm attacks.

Lot

First Post
Are you still recruiting? I was hoping to maybe play a human ranger, a second generation exile from a disgraced Solamniac Knight family. While the PC's father is bitter about the knights, the PC is fascinated by them and wants to be connected to them. He has taken to helping them as a guide and hoping to redeem his family. Let me know what you think?

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Eva of Sirrion said:
The hoopak you can fight with as a small-sized staff in melee or a sling in ranged combat. Kender treat it as a martial weapon, but to other races it's an exotic weapon (not to mention the fact that other races might get weird looks for wielding a kender weapon). The v-portion of the hoopak is good for disarming opponents, giving the wielder a +2 bonus to attack rolls on disarm attacks.

And what about the other kender weapons? I remember the Chapak, an handaxe with a V shape on the opposite side of the head where is a slingshot. The shaft have hole, and can be use as a wind instrument. I think it is pretty much that. I find it more interesting for my kender, as it is also a tool to gather wood needed for cooking.

Velmont

First Post
Here the stats of my kender, I'll wirte down teh backgrond when I'll know a bit more about the other. I might change a few thinsg to teh stats too to refelct my background.

One note, the Fruitthrow's Haversack is a family heiloom. It is simply an handy haversack that have been given from generation to generation. (As long as items is given in the kender society :p )

Eva, if you want to add items to my backpack, you're welcome. You could even not told me what they are... after all, it has been the backpack of kenders for egneration, who know what can be hidden at the bottom ;)

Edit: Stats move to RG

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Started making my noble in the RG. I didn't go for the elven diletante but a secretly noble bastard concept tied to the knight. The noble mechanics will mostly be connections, skills, and some martial abilities and he may well multiclass with fighter later.

Kinan Golemon, warrior attached to the good knight's company. An ugly man but a good blade to have by your side.

Remove ads