D&D 5E EB's Out of My Abysmal Mind - OOC (FULL)

EarlyBird

Explorer
Yes you came into the area from the top right.

On day 4 you all traveled differently as you were traveling at a fats pace. Best to have a front group but not everyone in it in case of the backtracking or what not.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Part of the charm in this game, is to see about using some feats/abilities not used to often. I think my thinking is later Atallia will have a great climb speed for some tricky combats to come later.

When Attalia can attack a bunch of different creatures at once it will be a grand ability.

Yeah, but that's later. At 4th level +4 hp and +1 AC is far more valuable. And in my experience, Mobile is not a "rare" feat. People do take it. I've seen many monks take it, at 8th level.

Atillia is one of the few chars with odd stats. And "fixing" that is usually a priority.

Just expressing an opinion. Game is going good for me. My "rare" feat is actually an interesting choice I wouldn't normally do (even at 8th or 12th level).

hero4hire

Explorer
Yeah, but that's later. At 4th level +4 hp and +1 AC is far more valuable. And in my experience, Mobile is not a "rare" feat. People do take it. I've seen many monks take it, at 8th level.

Atillia is one of the few chars with odd stats. And "fixing" that is usually a priority.

Just expressing an opinion. Game is going good for me. My "rare" feat is actually an interesting choice I wouldn't normally do (even at 8th or 12th level).
If I were to estimate the amount of damage my player has avoided by hitting and running with mobility, I would say it was more than worth the +1 ac and 4hp.
He also has been saving Ki points he may have needed for disengage and converting that to more offense. It has been scary good.

In the underdark, I don't see there being a lot of room to take advantage of Mobile in most combats. For the most part, fights are going to take place in corridors/intersections. And being able to move 60 feet only makes her as fast as a rogue with bonus dash or bonus disengage.

Still, YMMV. Ultimately, it is a style of play choice. And going in, we knew that choice was going to be determined by the DM.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
[MENTION=6899077]EarlyBird[/MENTION] Re: Reckless Attack

Read it again. Reckless Attack gives you advantage on all your attacks for the round. The line about first attack is just to stop you from attacking and THEN attacking recklessly.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Thanks, I see they worded it oddly (for me anyway), guess I was reading it and thinking of the way they did Sneak Attacks and other "on your first attack" stuff.

Please keep me in line, I have as of next month been playing 5e for a year.

Remove ads