D&D 5E EB's Out of My Abysmal Mind - OOC (FULL)

EarlyBird

Explorer
That would be the optimum play, haha. But you need to go with what you got.

I think a mirror imaged Finn could get in some good hits with it. Also he could hide behind Grudach and Kildrak and still be able to strike.

I just need to know whose carrying it really, who has it packed away.

Last edited:

TallIan

Explorer
So as above but Grudach gets the Augmentation Stone.

I am curios as to why FInn can't use the Tentacle Rod?? It seems to me the best melee weapon for the warlock. Not that he should get in melee, but if he finds himself in it then 3 atks at +9 doing 1d6+2 each, (oh and it has a 15' reach), is a potent weapon.

For some reason I thought it required the whip proficiency. Having actually read the description properly now I realise it's a perfect weapon for little Finnan. Would he have had a chance to attune to it yet - since he isn't encumbered by my low investigation(INT) score?

EarlyBird

Explorer
It is like a whip, lol. I never even thought of that.

And yes I would say the Old Ones whispered in his mind when he looked at the weapon, the past several days. Encouraging him to take and use it. So he can be attuned to it, maybe he had second thoughts for a few days before, but after the gnoll fight, a good back up to his few spells is welcome.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Well, here we have to question how we think of arrows. (Man, I've been sounding like a rules lawyer lately, and I promise you I'm not - I really don't care much, but I AM interested in what everyone thinks about it. Think of me more as a rules philosopher rather than lawyer).

So... the game makes no distinction between short bow and longbow arrows. There's just... arrows.

I haven't done much archery, but I'm pretty sure there's a bit of a difference IRL. That said, these characters should be really competent at scrounging and modifying stuff. Given the setting, a good number of us should be at least a little familiar with the craft of arrow-making. Enough that we could probably modify the arrows.

I wonder just how hard it would be to fire an arrow that's too big for your bow anyway. Anyone?

I just assume they are different. Ammunition just lists arrows, crossbow bolt, sling stones, and blowgun needles. So I suppose arrows work in all manner of bow.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Sure the game designers did not want this philosophical debate, lol. Arrows to me in D&D are just arrows and can be used with either item because they character goes and makes them "fit" during those few hours we gloss over. Buppido has arrows he can use with the shortbow.

Now in the D&D setting they also have just quarrels and not hand crossbow quarrels or heavy quarrels which are way different.

Remove ads