• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Festival of Halina: Adventurers Gone Wild! (Orsal Judging)

LogicsFate

First Post
(OOC:[sblock]Friends not here?, and I was referring to the conversations themselves. Trying to learn the techniques required to under someone elses culture. Eventually becoming desensitised to hearing weird things[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
LogicsFate said:
Words elude Elise for a moment, until she thinks back to her conversations with Lasair. But before she awnsers, she looks to see the expressions of her friends. Did it appear to be a joke, is this anouther cultural thing?
She doesn't seem to be joking, but what she wants to do with her wedding seems to change when she gets what seems like a good idea, at least what Elise has observed so far.

El Jefe

First Post
Bront said:
Scarlet smiles "Yes, that'd be fun. Definately can't go wrong with jewelry."

Scarlet takes Oirhandir's arm again, and follows along as they go with Sunny (and Troi and Lasair unless you say otherwise) to look at jewelry.
The group, now numbering five again, strolled north back to Ingus's camp. Oirhandir introduced Scarlet and Ingus while Sunny broke the news of his impending nuptials. Just as Sunny was stammering out the last syllable, Oirhandir interjected, "...so, since Sunny is getting married, we understood that he'd need to get Daphnie a ring, and since you also work precious stones we wondered if you might have a ring that would be suitable for such a gift." He finished with a smile on his face that said, "yes, I know that all seemed rather foolish, but given the circumstances, what do you expect?" The group awaited Ingus's response.
Bront said:
OOC: Anything particular you're looking for?
OOC: [sblock]Ideally, a matched engagement-wedding ring set. I'm thinking Sunny has to blow around 100 gp here to stay in the mayor's good graces. If he can't afford it, we'll pass the hat and front him the money, to come out of his wages once he reaches Orussus.[/sblock]
Bront said:
OOC: So should Lasair be looking for a Grey Render for a date? ;)
OOC:[sblock]Ever since she read the bit in Immortality Awakens where the party killed the Grey Render (complete with sad, sad music...nice touch, Rystil!), my daughter has been calling me "Big Puppy". :\ [/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
OOC:
[SBLOCK]
Aww, that's so cute. I didn't know your daughter reads Immortality Awakens :D (or anybody else for that matter)

Thanks for that about the music--no one in the game mentioned using it so I thought they all just didn't care :( Poor Doggie :(
[/SBLOCK]

LogicsFate

First Post
Bront said:
She doesn't seem to be joking, but what she wants to do with her wedding seems to change when she gets what seems like a good idea, at least what Elise has observed so far.

O for the love of... "Lets keep our clothes on for this one..." Alright Damage Control Elise start running bad idea interference, redirecting bad ideas replacing them with good ideas. Occasionally interrupting one of the hanger-ons, who was about to say something stupid and potentially damaging

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
"Yeah, I guess I should be excited about the wedding dress. Something white and frilly." she giggles. "I was just looking up ideas, and there are so many wonderful ones, but I know I can't use them all. Daddy could only afford about half of them."

After a while, the giggle fest of girls does clear out a bit, till only 3 remain, and amazingly, between those 3 and Daphnie, they actualy seem to have a few good and reasonable ideas for the wedding, with only a little guidence from yourself. Things like a special father daughter dance, potential food options, even a sensable floral arangement. Finaly, after an hour or so, the other girls leave, and quiet returns to the library.

"Thank you Elise. I guess there's more to this than I realize."

Bront

The man with the probe
El Jefe said:
The group, now numbering five again, strolled north back to Ingus's camp. Oirhandir introduced Scarlet and Ingus while Sunny broke the news of his impending nuptials. Just as Sunny was stammering out the last syllable, Oirhandir interjected, "...so, since Sunny is getting married, we understood that he'd need to get Daphnie a ring, and since you also work precious stones we wondered if you might have a ring that would be suitable for such a gift." He finished with a smile on his face that said, "yes, I know that all seemed rather foolish, but given the circumstances, what do you expect?" The group awaited Ingus's response.OOC: [sblock]Ideally, a matched engagement-wedding ring set. I'm thinking Sunny has to blow around 100 gp here to stay in the mayor's good graces. If he can't afford it, we'll pass the hat and front him the money, to come out of his wages once he reaches Orussus.[/sblock]OOC:[sblock]Ever since she read the bit in Immortality Awakens where the party killed the Grey Render (complete with sad, sad music...nice touch, Rystil!), my daughter has been calling me "Big Puppy". :\ [/sblock]
"Well, let's see what I can come up with." Ingus pulls out several rings he does have, including a small selection of matching sets.

[sblock=ooc]Cade was not happy about how one party member basicly said "I'm going to kill it", and is doubly not happy how the hobgoblin combat is going (He wanted to take the guards out and then call for a surrender, not kill them in their sleep). He's begging to have the moral delema about those he's assosiating with, and baring any change in that, he may end up returning to take care of the girl instead of continuing on his quest, feeling that he's apparently not willing to do whatever it takes like some of these other mercinaries.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC:[SBLOCK]They are pretty mercenary, aren't they :uhoh: If they were in my game, some of the 'good' ones would lose their good alignment. But it's not my game, so I'm not going to do an alignment shift.[/SBLOCK]

LogicsFate

First Post
Bront said:
"Thank you Elise. I guess there's more to this than I realize."

Elise sighs, able to relax with the lack of strangers "Nothing is ever simple" Feeling the last hour was long enough, she gets to the point "Your mother, what happened to her?"

OOC: After observing for the last hour how good is Elises grip on Daphnie's likes and dislikes?

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC:[SBLOCK]
Rystil Arden said:
They are pretty mercenary, aren't they :uhoh: If they were in my game, some of the 'good' ones would lose their good alignment. But it's not my game, so I'm not going to do an alignment shift.
Yeah, and Cade is sort of torn between what is the right thing. He does have a thing against goblinoids, so he's willing to believe the townsfolk over them, and the ambush itself seemed reasonable, but the CDGing just bugs him.

BTW, you had Cade attack a prone one when he specificly said he would attack one of the armed and standing ones, but I wasn't going to make an issue out of it, confusion happens.
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads