Festival of Halina (Orsal Judging)

LogicsFate

First Post
Elise walks up still tying her bundle of things together Hi everyone, where do you want me?

Is there a specific point on the road you're expecting trouble?

OOC:
[sblock]Hardy Har Har, were not going to die yet, and we are not going to die at all till Troi fumbles... so ha...please don't kill me, I'm still young and haven't enjoyed life to it's fullest[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
"Hi Lenny! Hi Karl! Hi Grimel!" Lasair calls out, "My name is Lasair!"

OOC:
[SBLOCK]
I didn't know that LEW allows recharging of wands. :)
[/SBLOCK]

They all wave back at you and smile before continuing with their work.

OOC:
[sblock]Did I mention he was a weapons, armor and occasionaly gem dealer? This is not something he knows[/sblock]

El Jefe

First Post
OOC:
[sblock]Well, this is awkward. I think Oirhandir will acquire a light horse from his previous adventure, but that hasn't been awarded yet. All Other Things Being Equal, Oirhandir would suppose that Troi should lead and Oirhandir should take the rear guard, with maybe Fang up front with Troi and Sunny back with Oirhandir. But being mounted would change all that; it would then make sense to have Oirhandir up front (by himself since I trust that Latiaran is a pack animal and not ridden).

Since we're still playing Oirhandir as first level, I'd say he takes the rear guard for now. We can always make a quick change should Dobbin appear.[/sblock]

"Gentlefolk", Oirhandir called as he nodded to Lenny, Karl, and Grimel and touched the brim of his hat. "A pleasure to be in this fine company."

He turned to Ingus and addressed his new employer. "Good sir, I know little of my companions, but would surmise from his bearing that Troi, here, is best suited to lead, at least until we get to the stables. If there is a horse to be had there, I should be glad to take the front. If not, I should be content to guard the rear, which I will do for as long as I am on foot."

Bront

The man with the probe
El Jefe said:
OOC:
[sblock]Well, this is awkward. I think Oirhandir will acquire a light horse from his previous adventure, but that hasn't been awarded yet. All Other Things Being Equal, Oirhandir would suppose that Troi should lead and Oirhandir should take the rear guard, with maybe Fang up front with Troi and Sunny back with Oirhandir. But being mounted would change all that; it would then make sense to have Oirhandir up front (by himself since I trust that Latiaran is a pack animal and not ridden).

Since we're still playing Oirhandir as first level, I'd say he takes the rear guard for now. We can always make a quick change should Dobbin appear.[/sblock]

"Gentlefolk", Oirhandir called as he nodded to Lenny, Karl, and Grimel and touched the brim of his hat. "A pleasure to be in this fine company."

He turned to Ingus and addressed his new employer. "Good sir, I know little of my companions, but would surmise from his bearing that Troi, here, is best suited to lead, at least until we get to the stables. If there is a horse to be had there, I should be glad to take the front. If not, I should be content to guard the rear, which I will do for as long as I am on foot."

"Just tell me once you have it sorted out amonst yourselves. I trust you all." Ingus responds.

OOC
[sblock]Depending on how long you guys take to sort everything out, everything might post by the time you're ready to leave. Who was judging your game? If they can confirm the horse, I'll let it tag along for continuity reasons til it's official. [/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
OOC:
[SBLOCK]
Aye, Latiaran is a pack animal. Poor girl.

On a random Meta note, I'm sort of relieved that Oirhandir hasn't been maxing out his social skills because that's the only thing Lasair can really do, and I sort of did a double-take when I realised that he was level 2 and might have all the synergies. But when I checked, it looks like we have good skills to compliment each other instead of a big overlap. Yay!
[/SBLOCK]

"I'd like to stay wherever I can talk to people. I don't have my own horse, and Latiaran might get upset if I tried to ride her, so I suppose that means I will stand watch from one of the wagons itself."

El Jefe

First Post
Bront said:
OOC
[sblock]Depending on how long you guys take to sort everything out, everything might post by the time you're ready to leave. Who was judging your game? If they can confirm the horse, I'll let it tag along for continuity reasons til it's official. [/sblock]

OOC:
[sblock]Knight Otu was judging the other adventure. I expect it to be a done deal, Oirhandir has physical posession of the horse and it was promised to him by an NPC who has dealt fairly, even generously, with the party so far. I'll just edit my previous posts as necessary should we actually make it out of Orussus before Pbartender or Knight Otu responds.[/sblock]

OOC, for Rystil Arden:
[sblock]Oirhandir is being developed in a specific direction, and the skill set supports that. But the way the skills have been min/maxed won't make much sense until he's several more levels along. The way skills are treated in 3.0 and 3.5, combined with the large number of available skills, encourages a lot of individuality in PCs. I treat it as a good hook for interesting role playing, viva la difference and all that![/sblock]

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"Mornin', all." Troi says as he arrives. "Sorry I'm a bit late, figures I'd oversleep on th' first day er somethin'..."

Ingus
“I trust you know how to use this. Can’t have my guards dying on me now. I expect it back when we get to Covington, so I can get it recharged.”

Troi nods, taking the wand and looking it over. "Well, I know a thing er two 'bout magic, though most a it didn't deal wit' things like this... but I think I kin figure out how ta use it." He sticks it into his belt, next to his assortment of weaponry. "Though I'm hopin' that when ya say ya'll need it recharged it means that if it needs ta be recharged." He smiles grimly.

Oirhandir
"Good sir, I know little of my companions, but would surmise from his bearing that Troi, here, is best suited to lead, at least until we get to the stables. If there is a horse to be had there, I should be glad to take the front. If not, I should be content to guard the rear, which I will do for as long as I am on foot."

"An' I'd say ya put a little too much faith in a guy ya haven't known too long." Troi says with a smile. "I'll take lead, sure, but I'd like ta have somebody up there wit' me. Preferably another good wit' a weapon, but a caster er somethin' wouldn't be a bad idea, either."

OoC: [sblock]What's the caster level on the wand? Or would you rather I not know that until I use it? ;)[/sblock]

two

First Post
GnomeWorks said:
"Mornin', all." Troi says as he arrives. "Sorry I'm a bit late, figures I'd oversleep on th' first day er somethin'..."

Troi nods, taking the wand and looking it over. "Well, I know a thing er two 'bout magic, though most a it didn't deal wit' things like this... but I think I kin figure out how ta use it." He sticks it into his belt, next to his assortment of weaponry. "Though I'm hopin' that when ya say ya'll need it recharged it means that if it needs ta be recharged." He smiles grimly.

"An' I'd say ya put a little too much faith in a guy ya haven't known too long." Troi says with a smile. "I'll take lead, sure, but I'd like ta have somebody up there wit' me. Preferably another good wit' a weapon, but a caster er somethin' wouldn't be a bad idea, either."

OoC: [sblock]What's the caster level on the wand? Or would you rather I not know that until I use it? ;)[/sblock]

"Well met Troi! Well met! Lovely day, isn't it? I so enjoy the warmth of the sun in the morning, which so effortlessly dispells the chill of dawn. Oh, glorious morn! How wondrous is this world, how strange, how complex, how endearing.

Nothing makes me happier than a journey, a long, twisted journy (I hope) leading forever on and on... "

[Sunny smiles brightly at all, even the mules and horses. He's just a beaming, goofy-smiling guy]

"If you would like a little companionship, let me suggest myself by your side, Troi. My sword here might be an excellent companion to your, well, your, well, your weapons, whatever they may be."

[Sunny at this point dramatically pulls out his oversized bastard sword and it hangs somewhat limply from his hand, in a way that's not particularly martial.]

"I whack 'em, then you finish 'em off. How does that sound, buddy?"

[Sunny suddenly laughs and punches Troi in the shoulder, one of those annoying buddy-buddy punches.]

* game-wise, Sunny can either be put right behind Troi in the marching order or next to him. Although, right behind him sounds a little more secure -- to Sunny, at least*

Last edited:

two

First Post
"And hello y'all," says Sunny, addressing everyone else (Lasair, Elise, Dogteeth, Oirhandir), "some of you I know, and some I don't. And that's ok. I'm sure we will be good friends by the time this little job is over with.

I feel good, really good about our haphazard team here. I think the jobs in the BAG! This caravan is about as safe as it can get. Might as well pay us now! I guarantee it!"

Remove ads