• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Festival of Halina (Orsal Judging)

two

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"Ah, you were not present at the inn when Vanitri helped me give an example of the power of the Zivaash," Lasair says, smiling at Troi, "Do not fear. It is very real. I could show you the power it has over the mind, if you like..."

"Well, I'm thinking you might want to save some of those tricks for any bandits that come running up at us," Sunny remarks, "can you, you know... like make people bark like a dog? Or tell somebody they are drowning and must swim upwards for air? Or that they are on fire, and must quench themselves in water? That would be quite amusing to see..."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Lasair
"Do not fear. It is very real. I could show you the power it has over the mind, if you like..."

"So it's real, but jus' what is it?" Troi asks, taking a slight step away from Lasair. "An' no, I'll pass on th' free show. I like my min' not bein' messed with, y'know?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
two said:
"Well, I'm thinking you might want to save some of those tricks for any bandits that come running up at us," Sunny remarks, "can you, you know... like make people bark like a dog? Or tell somebody they are drowning and must swim upwards for air? Or that they are on fire, and must quench themselves in water? That would be quite amusing to see..."
"Not yet, Sunny of Clan Periwinkle. Perhaps when I have seen as many adventures as Troi, then I will be able to do that...Soon."

two

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"Not yet, Sunny of Clan Periwinkle. Perhaps when I have seen as many adventures as Troi, then I will be able to do that...Soon."

"Well, stick close Lasair. I will try as best I can to keep you safe. Who knows? In a few years, I might even get a chance to meet your sister..."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"So it's real, but jus' what is it?" Troi asks, taking a slight step away from Lasair. "An' no, I'll pass on th' free show. I like my min' not bein' messed with, y'know?"

--Another who fears me for my powers-- Lasair thinks glumly --Oh well...so what else is new--

"Hmm...I remember explaining it at least once while you were at the inn--I believe it was for Tandi's benefit. The Zivaash is like an empyreal eddy that flows through the minds and souls of all things...those who can see it can sometimes manipulate the tides and currents, or even the single strands that thread through a particular person's mind..."

Rystil Arden

First Post
two said:
"Well, stick close Lasair. I will try as best I can to keep you safe. Who knows? In a few years, I might even get a chance to meet your sister..."
"Thank you, Sunny," Lasair smiles.

[OOC-Two/Sunny]
[SBLOCK]
Had you wanted to meet Meliana, you should have stayed at the inn ;)
[/SBLOCK]

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Lasair
"Hmm...I remember explaining it at least once while you were at the inn--I believe it was for Tandi's benefit. The Zivaash is like an empyreal eddy tha flows through the minds and souls of all things...those who can see it can sometimes manipulate the tides and currents, or even the single strands that thread through a particular person's mind..."

Understanding suddenly dawns on Troi's slightly distrustful expression, and he visibly relaxes.

"Ah, tha's all it is. Kinda wierd explanation fer it, but fair 'nough. I s'pose diff'rent people call it diff'rent things." Troi nods to himself. "Yeah, I know wha'cha mean. I was taught a diff'rent way a thinkin' 'bout it, but th' description's close enough that I know what ye're talkin' 'bout. Though he never did tell me it could be messed wit', an' whatnot... but I s'pose anythin's possible." He looks at her inquisitively. "So, is it like magic, er is it somethin' diff'rent? I know a bit 'bout magic, so I'm kinda curious if it's th' same thing."

Rystil Arden

First Post
GnomeWorks said:
Understanding suddenly dawns on Troi's slightly distrustful expression, and he visibly relaxes.

"Ah, tha's all it is. Kinda wierd explanation fer it, but fair 'nough. I s'pose diff'rent people call it diff'rent things." Troi nods to himself. "Yeah, I know wha'cha mean. I was taught a diff'rent way a thinkin' 'bout it, but th' description's close enough that I know what ye're talkin' 'bout. Though he never did tell me it could be messed wit', an' whatnot... but I s'pose anythin's possible." He looks at her inquisitively. "So, is it like magic, er is it somethin' diff'rent? I know a bit 'bout magic, so I'm kinda curious if it's th' same thing."
"Oh no, its not really special like magic. I only wish I had magic powers like my friend Elise--Wizards are so neat!" Lasair answers, "As for the Zivaash, its no magic at all, just my minor little talent."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Lasair
"Oh no, its not really special like magic. I only wish I had magic powers like my friend Elise--Wizards are so neat!"

Troi ponders this for a moment. "But I kin call on it... an' it responds ta me... though it took awhile fer it ta start doin' that..."

Lasair
"As for the Zivaash, its no magic at all, just my minor little talent."

Troi shrugs. "Maybe diff'rent people not only discribe it diff'rent, but use it diff'rent, too. That'd be somethin'. Eh, no diff'rence. Well, now that I got an idea a what ye're workin' wit', I'm not too bothered by it. I just get kinda creeped out by stuff I don't get, y'know? Like religion... kinda creepy."

Rystil Arden

First Post
Troi ponders this for a moment. "But I kin call on it... an' it responds ta me... though it took awhile fer it ta start doin' that..."

"Ah well, I think that you are using magic and not the Zivaash, Troi of Clan Delmontes."

"Like religion... kinda creepy."

"Michael says that feeding love and devotion to Astral Parasites in exchange for power helps people live better lives in these lands...but you also think that this is a strange pact to make?"

Remove ads