• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Festival of Halina (Orsal Judging)

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Lasair
"Ah well, I think that you are using magic and not the Zivaash, Troi of Clan Delmontes."

Troi ponders for a moment, then shrugs. "I 'eard this thing once, nice bit a writin': a lily by any oth'r name still looks as beautiful, er somethin' along those lines. S'posed ta mean that it don't matter wha'cha call somethin', it's still whatever it is." He sighs. "So, whatever ya call it, I got it, so I'm gonna run wit' it."

Lasair
"Michael says that feeding love and devotion to Astral Parasites in exchange for power helps people live better lives in these lands...but you also think that this is a strange pact to make?"

Troi blinks a few times, then laughs. "Astral parasites, eh? I don't know 'bout any astral parasites, but th' little bit I know 'bout religion, I know I don't like."

two

First Post
*So do we have our marching/guard order set at this point? I'm lost.*

* is it:

Troi Delmontes & Sunny Perrywinkle up front,

Lasair Alant & Elise Ellom in middle

Kishwa Dogteeth & Oirhandir in back

*??

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Troi ponders for a moment, then shrugs. "I 'eard this thing once, nice bit a writin': a lily by any oth'r name still looks as beautiful, er somethin' along those lines. S'posed ta mean that it don't matter wha'cha call somethin', it's still whatever it is." He sighs. "So, whatever ya call it, I got it, so I'm gonna run wit' it."

"I don't mean to be quarrelsome, but I do know for sure that magic and the Zivaash are not the same--And I can tell that you are not a user of the Zivaash."

El Jefe

First Post
Oirhandir wondered what all the chattering up ahead was all about. And where did Fang go? Oirhandir decided he most be around to the side of the wagon he couldn't see. Good thing he'd gotten along so well with Gath on the last little adventure...just when he'd gotten over his distrust of orcs enough to befriend a half-orc, now he'd gotten stuck on a job with a real one! Still, Gath had seemed nice enough, a good companion and all. Perhaps Fang seemed a little bloodthirsty, but maybe that was just his way of finding his place in a world that must be very different from the one he left behind.

"This is going to be an interesting journey", he thought to himself.

Knight Otu

First Post
El Jefe said:
OOC:
[sblock]Knight Otu was judging the other adventure. I expect it to be a done deal, Oirhandir has physical posession of the horse and it was promised to him by an NPC who has dealt fairly, even generously, with the party so far. I'll just edit my previous posts as necessary should we actually make it out of Orussus before Pbartender or Knight Otu responds.[/sblock]
[sblock]Took me a bit, but here it is:
"As it states in the contract, had you read a little more closely, the horses and provisions are yours to keep. You will also recieve a stipend of one hundred gold crowns upon your return for benefit of your time. In addition, as a bounty each of you will recieve a one-tenth share of the value of any artifacts recovered as determined by an independently hired appraisor."
[/sblock]

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
OOC:
OOC: Well, Troi and Sunny in front, and Oirhandir in back. Where the other three want to position themselves, I'm uncertain, but we should probably figure that out.

Lasair
"I don't mean to be quarrelsome, but I do know for sure that magic and the Zivaash are not the same--And I can tell that you are not a user of the Zivaash."

Troi pauses a moment, as though he is ready to say something, but then he shakes his head.

"No point in arguin' wit' ya 'bout it. It is what it is, y'know? Fair 'nough to say, at th' least, that we got diff'rent ways a doin' things."

Rystil Arden

First Post
[OOC: Lasair is going to stay in the middle with the wagons]

"That is certainly fair to say, Troi of Clan Delmontes. I am merely glad you realise this and do not hate me for what makes me different...many people in these lands are far more willing to hate--especially someone who is different--than they are to love..."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Lasair
"That is certainly fair to say, Troi of Clan Delmontes. I am merely glad you realise this and do not hate me for what makes me different...many people in these lands are far more willing to hate--especially someone who is different--than they are to love..."

"It's kinda hard fer somebody ta get me ta hate 'em... it takes a lot more'n just bein' diff'rent, that's fer sure." Troi says. "But I agree wit' ya that people 'round here're quick ta judge 'n whatnot. Ya'll prolly find, though, that our kinda people - I mean, adventurer-types 'n whatnot - are a lot more... tolerant a diff'rences 'n other people."

Rystil Arden

First Post
Ya'll prolly find, though, that our kinda people - I mean, adventurer-types 'n whatnot - are a lot more... tolerant a diff'rences 'n other people."

"From what I have seen, you are right about that," Lasair admits.

Remove ads