• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Festival of Halina (Orsal Judging)

Bront

The man with the probe
In the square, it looks like the three wagons are hitched up, loaded and ready to go. Karl's cart is first, Lenny's cart is following Karl's, and Ingnus's wagon, driven by Grimel, is in the back.

Everyone notices that it appears there is enough room for someone to ride besides the wagon driver.

Grimel calls down from his wagon "You guys ready to go? Is our line alright or do you want us to change it?"

OOC
[sblock]Looks like Oirhandir has his horse. Let me know (and update the first post) if/when you make a level, just so I'm aware.

FYI, I'm using red for all spoken text, no matter who says it (otherwise it's too many colors to remember). If that is confusing, I can stop.

Don't forget to include the wagons in your marching order[/sblock]

Kishwa Dogteeth

First Post
A dim expression appears on Fang's face as the conversation moves to three and four syllable words. Finally, not knowing what else to say, Fang broke in with ol'faithful.

"ow' many troll do'it take teh light a candle.... one, but he be very careful-like". And with the Fang started to chuckle... and chuckle... and chuckle.

Until he realized that nobody else was sharing in the joke, so he changed tactics. "Me name be Fang. Me gud with big sword (pointing to his greatsword). Me got gud ears. Me run like wind. An me smart enof to know dat I don know plenty.

Fang paused for a moment to crack his massive neck and then continued. "Me be of mos' use in deh front, or side'o cart".

two

First Post
*here is my try at a marching order, round two, taking Fang's preferences into account*

*let me know if anyone objects, etc. whatever*

-- In the square, it looks like the three wagons are hitched up, loaded and ready to go. Karl's cart is first, Lenny's cart is following Karl's, and Ingnus's wagon, driven by Grimel, is in the back. --

TROI SUNNY

XXX - Karl's Cart XXX

FANG

XXX - Lenny's Cart XXX

LASAIR & Elise

ZZZ - Ingnus's Wagon ZZZ

Oirhandir

In other words, Troi and Sunny in front of the Karl's cart.

Then Fang behind Karl's cart or next to the cart on either side. (could quickly get to front or rear)

Then Lenny's Cart.

Then Lasair & Elise

Then the Wagon

Then Oirhandir (mounted) at rear, able with the horse to quickly move to front if troubles arises.

Also -- Lasiar OR Elise could be mounted up next to Grimel driving the wagon. Or they can walk and stay together between the wagon and cart.

*let me know if somebody objects*

*Lasair & Elise, do either of you want to be riding next to the wagon driver?*

* Sunny is loath to just trade spots with Fang which would be tactically superior but -- heck! -- Sunny just basically swore blood brotherhood with TROI!

Last edited:

El Jefe

First Post
Knight Otu, Bront:
[sblock]
Pbartender said:
"As it states in the contract, had you read a little more closely, the horses and provisions are yours to keep. You will also recieve a stipend of one hundred gold crowns upon your return for benefit of your time. In addition, as a bounty each of you will recieve a one-tenth share of the value of any artifacts recovered as determined by an independently hired appraisor."

Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking of. Sorry, Knight Otu, I didn't mean to make you hunt for it. Rupert Vaneelkelen seemed like a trustworthy guy, but we just had one adventure end where the employer was not who they seemed, so I was waiting for Pbartender or you to make it official. Not to mention the Exp award, the value of the one-tenth share (which stands to be fairly substantial, given that we hauled hundreds of pounds of loot out of that place), and just what exactly the "provisions" are. But you're a judge, and if you say Oirhandir has a horse, then Oirhandir has a horse. Oirhandir (and his feet) thank you![/sblock]

"I'll be fine back here for now", the golden-eyed one answered in return to Grimel's call. "Just be sure to pass by the stables on your way out of town. I'm expecting one of Mr. Vaneelkelen's grooms to meet me there with somebody special."

two

First Post
El Jefe said:
Knight Otu, Bront:
[sblock]

Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking of. Sorry, Knight Otu, I didn't mean to make you hunt for it. Rupert Vaneelkelen seemed like a trustworthy guy, but we just had one adventure end where the employer was not who they seemed, so I was waiting for Pbartender or you to make it official. Not to mention the Exp award, the value of the one-tenth share (which stands to be fairly substantial, given that we hauled hundreds of pounds of loot out of that place), and just what exactly the "provisions" are. But you're a judge, and if you say Oirhandir has a horse, then Oirhandir has a horse. Oirhandir (and his feet) thank you![/sblock]

"I'll be fine back here for now", the golden-eyed one answered in return to Grimel's call. "Just be sure to pass by the stables on your way out of town. I'm expecting one of Mr. Vaneelkelen's grooms to meet me there with somebody special."

* I guess we need to figure out where Fang is going once and for all! *

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
OoC: Fang in the middle is fine with me, as well.

Fang
"Me be of mos' use in deh front, or side'o cart".

Troi looks to the orc, a trace of caution apparent on his face. "How 'bout we put ya 'tween th' first cart an' th' second. That way, ya can get ta th' front er back quick, if th' need comes up, y'know? Sound alright wit' ya?"

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Each wagon has a spot for someone to sit, not just the last one. Just making sure you knew.

LogicsFate

First Post
OOC
If we're taking a slow enough pace I would like to walk, with my familiar taking a scouting position ahead of the caravan. If the pace is quick then riding in Lenny's cart looks like the best bet

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads