• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Festival of Halina (Orsal Judging)

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Daphnie
"Wow, you learned all that from the cards? That's amazing. Did you hear that Troi? A man will lead me to my destiny!"

Troi nods. "Yeah, I heard. Though I dunno if I'm th' guy who's gonna lead ya ta that destiny, y'know? I mean, maybe, but best ta keep yer eyes open an' whatnot..."

Esmerelda
"Please shuffle and then cut the cards young man."

Troi deftly picks up the cards and shuffles them, bridging them and shuffling them again with intense speed. He then proceeds to cut the deck one-handed. "A friend a mine taught me that trick, back in Lathirn." He says with a slight smile as he sets the deck back on the table.

two

First Post
Bront said:
Sunny makes his way around the festival, this time heading south, and encounters several merchants selling magical scrolls. An elven merchant selling scrolls sees you and says "Hello good sir, can I help you? Looking for something for the mage in your life?"

OOC: You never know who you may meet still :). Any spells you were looking for in particular?

"Howdy, sir, yup, just lookin' over your stock, if I might?" says Sunny, approaching the elven merchent.

Sunny is looking for some of the basics: scrolls of mage armor, obscuring mist, animate rope, grease, that sort of thing.

Kishwa Dogteeth

First Post
El Jefe said:
Matchmaker for an orc? Oirhandir considered that if Hellen became sufficiently distracted with Fang, that would free himself for...other things.

"Hmmm", he thought out loud. "No, I don't think that would be it. Isn't there supposed to be a big feast or something tonight, and you and her are in charge of it? No, I think she'll have all the food she can eat tonight."

Orihandir pondered. What to get a woman of men? Had Hellen been elven, he'd have a good idea of what would please her. But human women? He knew not, he had only the tales of the sailors he'd journeyed with as his guide.

"You probably couldn't go wrong with something pretty for her to wear", he decided. "I'd stay away from religious symbols and...clothes? Always let a woman help you pick out clothes for her...there's too much that can go wrong there. But a nice trinket, something that looks good on her...and if it's got little gold or silver stalks of wheat or something like that on it, so much the better. I think that symbol really goes with the festival...you tell her to think of you when she wears it, and she should like you...she should like you real good. So I take it that you want to go shopping?", he asked, ready to leave.

As they turned to leave, Oirhandir was thinking that the more intimate a piece of jewelry, the better. But just how intimate a piece could Fang give the lady without going too far?

"Somfin to wear, eh?" Fang asked. "Humans sure be strange. But fer a lady like dat, I'll do it."

With that Fang went shopping with Orihandir.

Bront

The man with the probe
two said:

"Howdy, sir, yup, just lookin' over your stock, if I might?" says Sunny, approaching the elven merchent.

Sunny is looking for some of the basics: scrolls of mage armor, obscuring mist, animate rope, grease, that sort of thing.
"Oh, of course, be my guest. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me." he says.

In general, if it's a 0 of 1st level spell, he likely has at least one scroll of it. In particular, he has two Mage Armor (CL 1 and CL 8), one Obscuring Mist (CL 1), one Animate Rope (CL 1), one Grease (CL 1).

El Jefe

First Post
Kishwa Dogteeth said:
With that Fang went shopping with Orihandir.
The elf racked his brains, trying to remember how Hellen was dressed, and trying to guess how she would likely be dressed for the feast. Whether she wore any bracelets, necklaces, a pendant...what could Fang get her that would win her favor? They strolled through the booths searching for just the right thing.

Bront

The man with the probe
GnomeWorks said:
Troi nods. "Yeah, I heard. Though I dunno if I'm th' guy who's gonna lead ya ta that destiny, y'know? I mean, maybe, but best ta keep yer eyes open an' whatnot..."

Troi deftly picks up the cards and shuffles them, bridging them and shuffling them again with intense speed. He then proceeds to cut the deck one-handed. "A friend a mine taught me that trick, back in Lathirn." He says with a slight smile as he sets the deck back on the table.
Daphnie pouts at your pessimism.

Esmerelda smiles and chuckles slightly at your card trick. She quickly deals them out in a similar pattern. "Troi, you have a hard life ahead of you. I see great journies in your future. You have some untapped tallent in you that seeks to be harnessed, but it will take time. Your friends and companions are can help you harness this tallent if you let them."

She smiles and picks up the cards. "I hope your enjoyed your glimps into the future, but remember, nothing is ever certaint, especialy regarding the future." She smiles and begins to shuffle the cards, waiting for the next customer.

Daphnie walks out with you "Friends can harness your tallent? That sounds realy neat. Do you consider me a friend Troi?" She implores, with hopefull eyes.

Bront

The man with the probe
El Jefe said:
The elf racked his brains, trying to remember how Hellen was dressed, and trying to guess how she would likely be dressed for the feast. Whether she wore any bracelets, necklaces, a pendant...what could Fang get her that would win her favor? They strolled through the booths searching for just the right thing.
Hellen was dressed as somewhat of a cross between a barmaid and a priest. She had on a dark beige tunic that flowed off her shoulders a bit, with a seemingly adjustable bustline, and a brown skirt. She had on a small gold chain neclace and some simple gold earings, and flowing hair kept loose. There are several jewelry merchants that have things that you think would go with her outfit, but what's the right one? Does Fang see anything that jumps out at him?

OOC: Tell me what you're looking for, you might find it.

El Jefe

First Post
Bront said:
OOC: Tell me what you're looking for, you might find it.
Seeing some promising items, the elf pondered. "What do you think, Fang?", he asked. "Maybe a pendant...you know, something to decorate her, ah...bosom."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Esmerelda
"Troi, you have a hard life ahead of you. I see great journies in your future. You have some untapped tallent in you that seeks to be harnessed, but it will take time. Your friends and companions are can help you harness this tallent if you let them."

Um... did I give her my name? I don't think... wait, Daphnie said it, nevermind...

Troi nods. "Not really surprised by that, I s'pose. Though th' one thing I'd like ta know... well, I s'pose not knowin' what's gonna happen is part a th' fun."

Daphnie
"Friends can harness your tallent? That sounds realy neat. Do you consider me a friend Troi?"

Troi nods. "Sure I do." He smiles. "That is one thing I never considered, havin' help ta figure out how ta pull it out... since I think I got an idea a what she was talkin' bout... but, eh, things'll come as they do, y'know?" He looks to her. "So, whaddya wanna do now?"

Bront

The man with the probe
GnomeWorks said:
Um... did I give her my name? I don't think... wait, Daphnie said it, nevermind...

Troi nods. "Not really surprised by that, I s'pose. Though th' one thing I'd like ta know... well, I s'pose not knowin' what's gonna happen is part a th' fun."

Troi nods. "Sure I do." He smiles. "That is one thing I never considered, havin' help ta figure out how ta pull it out... since I think I got an idea a what she was talkin' bout... but, eh, things'll come as they do, y'know?" He looks to her. "So, whaddya wanna do now?"
As you leave the tent, you heave some music pick up in the background. "Oh, let's go find out what's happening." Daphnie says as she pulls you along.

You see the freefolk have cleared a large section and they appear to be dancing. The dance resembles a square dance, but is strangely more intricate. The dance goes on for a bit, and you begin to notice that the number of people in the dance seems to change. One couple will spin their partner behind another couple, and the partner will simply vanish, only to later appear in the dance. Looking around, you notice that Rinaldo appears to be playing the flute in the band, which plays a lively upbeat toan. After going at it for almost 10 minutes, the performance finishes up. You're quite sure that there were more dancers than there are when the dance finishes, but you don't see them anywhere.

Daphnie is in awe, smiling and clapping at the wonderful dancing performance.

Remove ads