• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Festival of Halina (Orsal Judging)

El Jefe

First Post
Oirhandir knew little of brewing beer, although he supposed the process was vaguely similar to the making of elven wine. He had heard that beer is best served fresh, but that the finest beer benefitted from aging as did good wine. Still, he was having trouble understanding how the quality of beer could be improved by aging in the mug.

Kishwa Dogteeth

First Post
Fang went into shock when he saw the crowd of people waiting for him to speak, and a moment later his mind went blank.

"Ahh... ahhh.... ahhh" he muttered quietly as he searched for the words.

Panic set in. His eyes darted around the room in search for someone that would bail him out, or perhaps something that would remind him what to say. Then his eyes fell on the beautiful face of Hellen, and his mind shifted back to the afternoon they spent together. He membered all that they did, and the proficiency in which they did it, and suddenly he felt much better.

He continued to stare right into the eyes of Hellen, and his confidence grew. He raised his glass high above his head and began his toast.

"Friends!" he proclaimed. "With dis drink of deh las' grain, I take bountiful 'arvest 'alina provided for us!"

OOC- I'm sorry about the delay. My computer was down. Crappy time to go down considering it was Fang's big moment.

Bront

The man with the probe
Hellen nudges Fang "Chug it hun", which Fang delightfully does.

With that, lound chears sound and are quickly muffled somewhat by the sound of people drinking. Hellen shouts out over the crowd "Let the Feast Begin!"

Hellen looks over at Fang and says "You did great!" and gives him a big kiss.

Kishwa Dogteeth said:
OOC- I'm sorry about the delay. My computer was down. Crappy time to go down considering it was Fang's big moment.
OOC: No problem, it made for an entertaining pregnant pause.

Last edited:

El Jefe

First Post
Oirhandir's shoulders slumped with relief as the crowd roared its approval, then he hurried to take a drink as he observed nearly everyone else doing so. "So the big lug remembered his lines after all -- Good for him!", he thought.

The bard did not prefer beverages made from grain over drink made from grapes and other fruit, but he had to admit this stuff wasn't bad...it was in the league of some of the better ale that he'd had in Joe's bar back in Orussus. He glanced over at Elise, who he presumed was equally relived to no longer be the focus of the throng's attention.

Bront

The man with the probe
Food begins to be passed around. Those who want specific food get up to paruse the tables, others wait till servers bring around food of various kinds and offer them up. There is a wide variety of food, delecacies from all races, creeds and cultures. In the background, a festive tune is played.

OOC: You have a little bit of time to mill about, eat, be merry, and anything else you want, till other nightly activities. Go nuts, or just eat. BTW, anyone seen GW?

El Jefe

First Post
Oirhandir wandered over to Fang, gave him a pat on the back, and intoned, "Well done, friend. The feast is superb, and the, uh, beer compliments it well." The elf gave Hellen a polite nod, then walked over to Elise's seat, bending slightly to bring himself to her eye level.

"I'm so sorry", he apologized to the pretty mage. "I thought that I had mentioned Fang's special honor ealier today. I don't think any great harm was done, Fang remembered his little speech, and it seems that everyone here is so busy enjoying the feast that they've forgotten all about it." Grinning, he continued. "I'm sure you've noticed, but in the short time they've been together, Fang and Hellen the priestess have grown, ah, quite fond of each other. I think they make quite the pair!"

Oirhandir exchanged pleasantries with his comrades, then returned to his seat to sample the food. There were so many types of meats! An elven feast would have half as much, or even a third. Oirhandir tried to sample as much as he could, especially dishes that didn't have so much meat, without stuffing himself.

OOC:[sblock]GW was on earlier today.[/sblock]

LogicsFate

First Post
El Jefe said:
"I'm so sorry", he apologized to the pretty mage. "I thought that I had mentioned Fang's special honor ealier today. I don't think any great harm was done, Fang remembered his little speech, and it seems that everyone here is so busy enjoying the feast that they've forgotten all about it." Grinning, he continued. "I'm sure you've noticed, but in the short time they've been together, Fang and Hellen the priestess have grown, ah, quite fond of each other. I think they make quite the pair!"

"It's allright, though it was a nice suprise" She laughs a bit and wonders out loud "I hope that doesn't mean he wants to stay"

El Jefe

First Post
LogicsFate said:
She laughs a bit and wonders out loud "I hope that doesn't mean he wants to stay"
Oirhandir was bemused. "The festival is young", he offered. "A lot can happen between now and the closing ceremonies."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
OoC: I'm usually on for about ten minutes a day - sorry if it seems I've been inattentive, it's just that I haven't seen anything that required my posting...

Troi waits patiently for the orc to give his speech, and sighs when it's over. He eats lightly, and his drink is untouched. He doesn't talk unless directly spoken to, and gives simple answers that allow him to return to watching the festivities, though his gaze has a more distant look to it.

Kishwa Dogteeth

First Post
Fang accepted Hellen's kiss warmly, refilled his glass, and chugged some more ale.

El Jefe said:
Oirhandir wandered over to Fang, gave him a pat on the back, and intoned, "Well done, friend. The feast is superb, and the, uh, beer compliments it well." The elf gave Hellen a polite nod, then walked over to Elise's seat, bending slightly to bring himself to her eye level.

OOC:[sblock]GW was on earlier today.[/sblock]

"Tanks Oirhandir" Fang responded. "Wuddent fer 'ellen and I'd'a been up'a river wit'out a water pusher."

Remove ads