• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Festival of Halina (Orsal Judging)

El Jefe

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"Most certainly, Oirhandir," Lasair replies, "Show me how they dance among your people!"
"But this is not one of my people's dances", laughed the elf. "I fear we shall just have to learn it together!"

Oirhandir decided that if he had to take a partner for a dance from his company, it would be Lasair. If she wore a mask or some other disguise, Lasair could pass for a slightly tall elf. But Elise, comely as she was, was unmistakably human and far too tall to move gracefully with Oirhandir. Or, at least, she was too tall for Oirhandir to move gracefully with, as he considered himself to have no great skill at dancing, at least not by elven standards.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Yes, I suppose we shall," Lasair says with a smile, "And I look forward to learning. My clanmates would be most amused to see me dancing now, when I swore off dance training back home to focus on my Talent..."

El Jefe

First Post
Elise, Lasair, and Oirhandir joined in the line dance, laughing at each other's (and their own) mistakes, and thoroughly enjoying themselves.

LogicsFate

First Post
Elise encorages Fang into the group with a friendly beconing wave.

[sblock] [Feined Meta anger] So at least she has someone to dance with! Hrumph [/Feigned Meta anger] [/sblock]

Her thoughts turn toward Sunny and Troi, breifly scanning the crowds .
If Elise sees either, she will give them the friendly beconing wave, also.

El Jefe

First Post
Kishwa Dogteeth said:
Fang does his best not to knock anyone over, as he mimics the movements of those around the room.
OOC: Room? Ain't no walls here, oh furry one!
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Why the feigned meta-anger, I thought Lasair, Oirhandir, and Elise were all dancing together from post #743 )
OOC: And Fang and Hellen, although they might be some distance away. It's a line dance. Think, "Cotton-Eyed Joe" crossed with a square dance, complete with caller. Although I'm not sure if that half-human is calling the line that goes, "What are y'all stepping in?"

LogicsFate

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Why the feigned meta-anger, I thought Lasair, Oirhandir, and Elise were all dancing together from post #743 ;) :lol: )

OOC: [sblock] Because two post above that had Oirhander choosing Lasair, and then jelosy set it, I couldn't help myself

And the wave was just an open invite to fang (and Hellen) to dance or doe-see-doe closer
No offense of course if they choose to make there dance more... private [/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
Helen catches Fang's friend calling them over and helps Fang meander his way over towards Elise, Oirhander, and Lasair.

The music changes yet again, this time the singer and dance caller asks for the men and women to form rows accross from each other, and several dance lines are formed. This line dance has the men and the women dance across from their potential parter, and circle round each other as well. As the dance goes on a bit, the partners change a bit. Oihander find himself dancing across from a lovely young elf, with long red hair and a green dress that looks like it's made of shimmering leaves woven togeather. Elise finds herself dancing across a chissled human wearing well cared for Brest Plate along with other bits of finery. Lasair and Fang find themselves parters, and Hellen is dancing accross from the Mayor.

El Jefe

First Post
LogicsFate said:
OOC: [sblock] Because two post above that had Oirhander choosing Lasair, and then jelosy set it, I couldn't help myself[/sblock]
OOC:[sblock]Ok, it's meta-anger, so I can't complain that Elise wasn't really reading Oirhandir's mind. He didn't say a word to either girl, and is in fact, quite wrong...although the height difference would make dancing together a challenge, Elise is sufficiently graceful to pull it off. Oirhandir, being young and impetuous, had failed to consider that his partner might be able to succeed at what he could not accomplish by himself.

And since it's feigned meta-anger I can't even pitch a proper snit fit over it. :) [/sblock]
Bront said:
Oihander find himself dancing across from a lovely young elf, with long red hair and a green dress that looks like it's made of shimmering leaves woven togeather.
As soon as his eyes swept over the elf's graceful beauty, Oirhandir momentarily lost the ability to breathe, let alone dance. 'Twas only for an instant, though, as he recovered as quickly as he could. His perception of the setting sun changed as well. Before, it was only a reminder that this evening would come to a close, something to mind so as to not overlook an obligation. That dropping, reddening orb was now his enemy, marking the loss of precious time. Oirhandir might have centuries in front of him, but he only had the waning part of the day to make this wonderful lass's acquaintance, or he might lose her forever in the huge crowd that thronged Halina's festival.

Remove ads