• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Full - Waiting for complete characters] Loex’edar: The Dragon War

scout989

First Post
Wrahn- your entry, though a very fun concept, is not executed properly. Specifically, the Warshaper class abilities only apply when the character is in a form different from their natural shape- you're applying them to his character's dragon body. If you want to fix that, I'd love to see what you have in mind for Aerstrix.

Nonlethal Force- I'm so glad you entered this campaign- Flitterdust looks to be a ton of fun. Congrats on a great piece of writing :D

scout989

First Post
Sorry, Zantriel, but I believe AmorFati and I both agree that the list of allowed material at the top of the page is pretty much it.

zantriel

First Post
scout989 said:
Sorry, Zantriel, but I believe AmorFati and I both agree that the list of allowed material at the top of the page is pretty much it.
Ok, no problem, just trying to think of something different. Well back to the drawing board, lol.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
scout989 said:
Nonlethal Force- I'm so glad you entered this campaign- Flitterdust looks to be a ton of fun. Congrats on a great piece of writing :D

Thanks. He was fun to come up with. I'm still not sure about the magical items. I'm especially dissatisfied with the cloak of resistance. I want the magical resistance, but the thought of a dragon flying around with a cape is less than ideal. I noticed one of the other submissions had a "pectoral of resistance." I was wondering if instead of a cloak it could be more like a harness. I could see flitterdust flying around with a leather harness (that provides no AC bonus, of course) but had the same properties/body slot as a cloak of resistance.

I don't have any problem with the rings/bracers/bracelets, because dragons are known for their affinity for jewelry and I could see a dragon wearing a ring or bracelet. But the cloak thing just bothers me. Any reason it couldn't be more like a leather harness that provides no additional abilities besides the resistance?

Zantriel, I notice that nobody has gone the route of raging yet if you are looking for an uncovered angle. Of course there is nothing wrong with going a straight up big boy that holds his own on the battlefield, either! I have a feeling that combat will be fast and furious in this game, and we may need more than just one big boy. (Or big girl!)

scout989

First Post
Nonlethal Force said:
Thanks. He was fun to come up with. I'm still not sure about the magical items. I'm especially dissatisfied with the cloak of resistance. I want the magical resistance, but the thought of a dragon flying around with a cape is less than ideal. I noticed one of the other submissions had a "pectoral of resistance." I was wondering if instead of a cloak it could be more like a harness. I could see flitterdust flying around with a leather harness (that provides no AC bonus, of course) but had the same properties/body slot as a cloak of resistance.

I don't have any problem with the rings/bracers/bracelets, because dragons are known for their affinity for jewelry and I could see a dragon wearing a ring or bracelet. But the cloak thing just bothers me. Any reason it couldn't be more like a leather harness that provides no additional abilities besides the resistance?

One option mentioned in the Draconomicon is that of frill caps and spine caps- essentially, I imagine those as decorative cloth or leather sheathes for a dragon's frill, that can incidentally be magically imbued.

zantriel

First Post
Nonlethal Force said:
Zantriel, I notice that nobody has gone the route of raging yet if you are looking for an uncovered angle. Of course there is nothing wrong with going a straight up big boy that holds his own on the battlefield, either! I have a feeling that combat will be fast and furious in this game, and we may need more than just one big boy. (Or big girl!)
Fallenangel is going Paladin so we have a warrior, though we don’t have a full fighter type so I might do that. Still need to think about it though. I kind of feel like I’m being a pain here, not trying to though.

Last edited:

scout989

First Post
Well, Zantriel, it looks like there *may* be as many as 8-10 players in this game, so a bit of overlap is to be expected. If you want to go for something different than what's been done here, why not try the alternate base classes given in the Complete series (if you have access)?

Nonlethal Force

First Post
scout989 said:
One option mentioned in the Draconomicon is that of frill caps and spine caps- essentially, I imagine those as decorative cloth or leather sheathes for a dragon's frill, that can incidentally be magically imbued.

Nice. That's pretty much what I wanted. Thanks! I'll edit the character sheet to reflect a spine cap.

And Zantriel - with as many clerical/arcane spells that there are out there ... I am sure you could do the same class but use a different selection. With Flitterdust being a Favored Soul, his spell list is far from comprehensive. He does have the heal spells ... but I gotta admit - if there are going to be as many as 8 - 10 dragons in the party ... Flitterdust is gonna need some serious healing help! Probably not much need for raise dead or anything though ... if Flitterdust needs more than one of those a day things won't be going too well. But an all out healer or a healer/buffer would be welcome if our party is going to be that large. Or - a healer who is not afraid to mix it up with the fighter types (more of a secondary fighter) would definately be a different concept than Flitterdust.

I guess what I am saying is that with a large party, the more healers the merrier! Flitterdust won't be able to handle it all by himself. I think we do have a paladin and a druid dragon concept ... but even with them I think more healing help could be certainly welcome. Besides, the more people that can heal themselves ... the more Flitterdust can focus on buffing others.

zantriel

First Post
Don’t mind me guys, I have been sick the past few days and I’m not thinking all too clearly. Also I am trying to find something that I haven’t played to death, which is hard to do when you have been gaming since the early 80’s, lol. Then it dawned on me, I can aim for for a Prestige class. So that’s what I am looking into right now, I have a few ideas now, thanks.

Last edited:

Remove ads