• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Full - Waiting for complete characters] Loex’edar: The Dragon War

Lord Wyrm

First Post
I need to see about a custom item, it is for story purposes so I have not included a gp value:

Sensate Stone: This incandescent blue orb measures about six inches across and glows faintly with magical energy. When first used a stone such as this copies and stores the memories of the intial user, usually for study later on by sensates. After the intial use any being may access may access the memories contained by grasping the orb and concentrating. This particular stone has the memories of a munthrekvirlym (human theif). Thric would of accessed this and the memories contained here-in gaining significant knowledge of ancient history and ancient biology(represented by his ranks in the subjects) in addition to learning to ply the trades of the rogue.

This item is for the current background I have devised for Thric. I want a ruling on this item before I post the background.

AmorFati

First Post
OK! We've closed recruitment for now. We will both be going over the characters the next days. For those of you who still havn't finished, tell us when you have, and we will look it over!

Accepted:
LogicsFate - Playing Unknown - Awaiting Character.
Goddess FallenAngel - Luminous, Radiant Dragon Paladin - Awaiting background, personality etc.
Nonlethal Force - Flitterdust, Faerie Dragon Favored Soul - Awaiting a few nit-picks.
Jemal - The Great C, Silver Dragon - Awaiting character sheet.
Shayuri - Shayuri , Gold Dragon Divine Oracle

Under consideration:
Lord Wyrm - Thric Martivir, Silver Dragon Rogue - Awaiting background and personality etc.
Krug - Kinja, Faerie Dragon Druid
Tailspinner - Zathros, Wyrmling Gold Dragon Fighter
Wrahn - Un-named, Gold Dragon - Awaiting background, personality etc.
Zantriel - Unknown as of yet - Awaiting character.

Krug said:
Background: Kinja serves as an aid to Titania, the Faerie Queen, revelring her
with tales of nature and the wonders of the natural world. An adept druid, she has been saddened by the fall of the world into devastation and ruin, particularly trees and
nature.

Description: Kinja is a beautiful faerie dragon with butterfly like wings.

Behaviour: Kinja enjoys the natural world around her, migrating with
butterflies, hearing whalesong, savouring fruits and gossiping with crows. She is a
devout believer in the natural world.

I like her, however I am not sure how we'll handle things like the Faerie Queen yet.
Also, you DO recieve feats from the Dragon HD, so you should have 7 feats in total. Earlier you had 7 feats, pluss the 3 feats that are listed in the Faerie Dragon entry. Those are the feats it gets from its HD, but you are free to choose any feats you want.

Shayuri said:
And now, the young dragon sage...Shayuri! Yes it's true, this name was originally made for a dragon character (albeit she was trapped in human form :)).

Hey, Mr Dragon Fighter...seeing as how we're both of similar age and color, what do you think about being clutchmates? Some kind of semi-linked background, perhaps?

I like what I see! Also, a linked background would be GREAT! :D

Nonlethal Force said:
Character posted here: Flitterdust

I have to admit ... I am darn proud of this one. AC is high, saves are great, energy resistance should hopefully counteract the lower HP. Can't attack worth a darn ... in fact it is so bad you'll notice I haven't even filled out that section yet! But what makes me really proud is a hopefully good spell selection that will enhance the abilities of those around Flitterdust. (Other spell choice suggestions are welcomed if anyone wants to take the time to help. I've been thinking that with his DC he should add at least one offensive/damaging spell per level.) But Flitterdust is a dragon who loves Bahamut first and foremost ... who can heal somewhat, buff others, cast prayer, provide food and water, and even care for lost friends in battle. Any thoughts, mister DMs?

Also ... I still have 6,000 gold to spend. Any ideas about an item that may only have 1 or two uses per day? I was thinking of maybe glasses of Status (as the spell). If useable 2 times per day, I think that would only be 4,800 ... but the DMs would need to agree that it is an appropriate body slot affinity. Otherwise, it would cost 7,200 and exceed my allowance by 1,200. But an item like that is what I am trying to go for. Something like that wouldn't have combat effectiveness, but it would fit really well into Flitterdust's persona. If anyone has ideas, please let me know.

Couple of comments, though. You'll notice I left the following areas blank for lack of information: XP, Speed/maneuverability, and Languages. I didn't know if we were starting with min EXP for 18th level characters. I don't know the speed maneuverability of the faerie dragon, and I assume draconic is a given language. But as far as other languages - given the current status of the world ... are there language restrictions that would make the world more believable?

Also, I only listed the skills in which I have ranks. If you would like, I can give you a full list of skills.

Whew. That rocked! I hope this game gets up soon, I wanna try him out.

I SO like Flitterdust! Will look her over more closely later. The consept you are talking about for her sounds great, A buffer and a helper. Fits perfectly!
As for the glasses, that would be the Eye slots with affinity for things with Vision. I will rule that a x/day use of Status fits the slot!
XP: Enough for 18th level characters. Nothing more, nothing less.
Speed and maneuverability: 100 ft (perfect)
Languages: Draconic is a given, yes. So is Sylvan. They can also converse with any animals. As for the other languages... I think most are good to go, but it would be a goode idea to include why you'd known languages that are close to extinct, like dwarven, orc, etc etc.
Oh, and only listing the skills with ranks shold be fine. :)

Goddess FallenAngel said:
Draft character... not done yet (need to choose feats/skills/Equipment and add the history/appearance section). Anyway, let me know if there looks to be anything wrong with the base mechanics.

Oh, a paladin! cool! I can't wait to see the finished piece! :D

Lord Wyrm said:
I need to see about a custom item, it is for story purposes so I have not included a gp value:

Sensate Stone: This incandescent blue orb measures about six inches across and glows faintly with magical energy. When first used a stone such as this copies and stores the memories of the intial user, usually for study later on by sensates. After the intial use any being may access may access the memories contained by grasping the orb and concentrating. This particular stone has the memories of a munthrekvirlym (human theif). Thric would of accessed this and the memories contained here-in gaining significant knowledge of ancient history and ancient biology(represented by his ranks in the subjects) in addition to learning to ply the trades of the rogue.

This item is for the current background I have devised for Thric. I want a ruling on this item before I post the background.

To be able to make a ruling about this, what exatly do you want this item to do?

AmorFati said:
Oh, a paladin! cool! I can't wait to see the finished piece! :D

This is going to be a series of firsts for me. Playing a Dragon, playing a Lawful alignment, and playing a Paladin... :uhoh:

But I have a character concept, and that makes everything alright. :cool:

Working on character history now....

LogicsFate

First Post
Please excuse my tardiness, today ended the worst week I've had in years, I'll have a character concept up soon, and a character sheet after that(Now that everything is cool)

zantriel

First Post
I will work on the character over the next few days, unfortunately I work third shift, 12 hours each night for the next 3 nights. I will work on it when I can, I am down to 2 ideas, I will decide on which tonight.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
AmorFati said:
Nonlethal Force - Flitterdust, Faerie Dragon Favored Soul - Awaiting a few nit-picks.

I SO like Flitterdust! Will look her over more closely later. The consept you are talking about for her sounds great, A buffer and a helper. Fits perfectly!
As for the glasses, that would be the Eye slots with affinity for things with Vision. I will rule that a x/day use of Status fits the slot!
XP: Enough for 18th level characters. Nothing more, nothing less.
Speed and maneuverability: 100 ft (perfect)
Languages: Draconic is a given, yes. So is Sylvan. They can also converse with any animals. As for the other languages... I think most are good to go, but it would be a goode idea to include why you'd known languages that are close to extinct, like dwarven, orc, etc etc.
Oh, and only listing the skills with ranks shold be fine. :)

You call those nit-picks? :) I'll take those nit-picks all day long! I do appreciate the answers, though.

1. By my calculations the glasses of status with be 4,8000 and a 2/day use-activated magical item. Status spell level is 2, Caster level for this item is 3. That means the item will grant to Flitterdust the spell Status for 1 creature touched and the spell duration will be 3 hours. Of course, a WILL save negates, but considering it is a friendly spell I don't think saving throws will be a big deal, anyway. But maybe it will be. I'll update the items list and that will do it for me. I'll be surrendering 1,200 gold. Not to bad considering what we had to start with!

2. XP will be set to 153,000.

3. I will add sylvan to the languages. As for the 3 granted by INT score, I'll take Celestial, Ignan, and Auran. Explanation will appear in character background.

4. Speed will be added.

If you need anything else, let me know!

EDIT: Corrections completed, background updated to explain language choice.

Goddess Fallenangel said:
This is going to be a series of firsts for me. Playing a Dragon, playing a Lawful alignment, and playing a Paladin...

Be careful ... LG good alignments can be addictive. :eek: I used to always play CG for almost every character. But one day I tried a LG paladin. I was addicted. Ever since, the LG and CG in me combine so that I honestly think I do NG best. Sometimes chaotic, sometimes lawful - but usually balanced between the two.

Last edited:

Nonlethal Force said:
Be careful ... LG good alignments can be addictive. :eek: I used to always play CG for almost every character. But one day I tried a LG paladin. I was addicted. Ever since, the LG and CG in me combine so that I honestly think I do NG best. Sometimes chaotic, sometimes lawful - but usually balanced between the two.

I usually play N or CN, so this might be a bit of a change. ;) I did play a LN monk once before and liked it, but got into a really bad OOC argument with one of the other players over my character's alignment (even though the DM thought I was doing it fine, this person didn't) and I haven't played a Lawful since.

But, I don't expect that to happen here. :)

zantriel

First Post
Goddess FallenAngel said:
I usually play N or CN, so this might be a bit of a change. ;) I did play a LN monk once before and liked it, but got into a really bad OOC argument with one of the other players over my character's alignment (even though the DM thought I was doing it fine, this person didn't) and I haven't played a Lawful since.

But, I don't expect that to happen here. :)
Yes but he was an idiot, so no worries there. ;)

Nonlethal Force

First Post
I just want to add that I will be away from my computer Sept 26 though about evening of Sept 28. Since Flitterdust seems to be pretty close to being finished, I hope this won't be too much of a problem - but I at least wanted you to know in case you wonder why I disappeared for a few days.

Remove ads