• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Full - Waiting for complete characters] Loex’edar: The Dragon War

scout989

First Post
Nonlethat Force- I just realized, looking over your character sheet, that you can choose one more feat: Flitterdust has perfect maneuverability, which means that the Hover feat is completely useless for him (perfect maneuverability allows one to hover without the feat). Go ahead and change that out, when you get a chance.

Wrahn

First Post
Sorry, been a hectic few days. You are absolutely correct and (again) it serves me right taking things from memory. Warshaper is still a cool class, but less than what I thought and immediately clashed with the background I was developing. The character I have up is what I will probably play (it was essentially a what if playing around, it is someplace to start)

A few questions:

We get the full 7 feats even if our HD does not reach 18?

What do you think of the Leadership feat?

Is it an oversight making the minimum HD for say the copper dragon 10 or is there a specific reason you don't want us to play wyrmlings or the like?

AmorFati

First Post
Wrahn said:
Sorry, been a hectic few days. You are absolutely correct and (again) it serves me right taking things from memory. Warshaper is still a cool class, but less than what I thought and immediately clashed with the background I was developing. The character I have up is what I will probably play (it was essentially a what if playing around, it is someplace to start)

A few questions:

We get the full 7 feats even if our HD does not reach 18?

What do you think of the Leadership feat?

Is it an oversight making the minimum HD for say the copper dragon 10 or is there a specific reason you don't want us to play wyrmlings or the like?

No damage done; I like the Warshaper myself, but it's hard to get to work in this consept I think.

No, you get feats like usual, at 1HD, 3HD, 6HD etc etc. So at level 14, you'll get 5 feats.

I'll have to say No to the leadership, sorry.

As for the minimum of 10 HD, we talked about it and decided to set a minimum of 10 dragon HD, regardless of age etc. Mainly because this is a draconic campaign, and we felt that if we did not set a minimum of draconic HD, we'd end up with characters with the bare minimum of HD and "lots" of class levels. We didn't want that. :)

Lord Wyrm

First Post
AmorFati said:
To be able to make a ruling about this, what exatly do you want this item to do?

The item will basically be a magical journal for a human from the distant past. It recorded his life experiences and Thric now uses them as a training manuel and as a reference when researching ancient past events or creatures. (This gives him no in game effects like bonuses on skills but does allow him to add ranks to his relevant knowledges when leeling. Also explains his knowledge of swords bows and how to shapeshift into a human)

Nonlethal Force

First Post
scout989 said:
Nonlethat Force- I just realized, looking over your character sheet, that you can choose one more feat: Flitterdust has perfect maneuverability, which means that the Hover feat is completely useless for him (perfect maneuverability allows one to hover without the feat). Go ahead and change that out, when you get a chance.

Oh, thanks. I had the sheet posted before I knew the speed/maneuverability and never thought to go back an change it. I'll just swap out Hover and insert Alertness for the bonus to Spot and Listen checks.

Edit: In doing so, I realized my character sheet had a typo on it. I meant to have my ranks in Spot instead of Spellcraft. (Easy typo since one is right above the other on the old character sheet) So, I changed it if it is no big deal. If it is, then I'll change it back no problem.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
I like the consept. Allthough, seeing as he only have 15 HD, he will not be the oldest and wisest silver dragons, I am sorry. About the spells, I'll come back to you with an answer on that one.'

Cyrem is a Silver dragon of Huge size.

Hmm.. damn, didn't think so, when i got home I realized even If I'm the Oldest of the Pcs I'ld stlil be only like 25. :( OK, Then I'm the C in training. :D
Hmm.. Cyrem is a huge silver you say?.... hmm... Role Model!!

Anyways, didn't get much time to work on my char, but I finally picked up my D&D books from my buddy's house, including Draconomicon, so I'll be workin on the C Offline, and post up the "First Draft" for your approval tommorow afternoon.
since my castre level is only 1 right now, there's not really a rush on the druid vs cleric spell thing.

Jemal

Adventurer
btw just a short little rant.. Does it bothre anyone else that a gold dragonis always better than the others? I knowthey're the 'most powerful' but at equal ECL they ravage everythinge else.. *sigh* I'm just mumbling cuz my beloved silvers get less than HALF the str. mod and a Lower con mod, are smaller, an all for a +1 LA.
n/m my rambling.

Jemal said:
btw just a short little rant.. Does it bothre anyone else that a gold dragonis always better than the others? I knowthey're the 'most powerful' but at equal ECL they ravage everythinge else.. *sigh* I'm just mumbling cuz my beloved silvers get less than HALF the str. mod and a Lower con mod, are smaller, an all for a +1 LA.
n/m my rambling.

Actually, it's always bothered me. :)

For instance, Red dragons are supposed to be the equal of golds on the chromatic side (top of the food chain, etc). They are actually a little less powerful than silvers, for about the same ECL.

Nope, never got it.

'Course, I'm just mumbling because the red dragon wyrmling I'm playing in a different game is less powerful than most silvers for the same ECL. ;)

Shayuri

First Post
I suspect it's similar to the reason why high-end celestials will, generally speaking, romp all over the balor and pit fiend.

Demons and devils (and chromatic dragons) are opponents that the PC's will be fighting in a "normal" game of D&D. They're powerful and tuff, but ultimately designed to be defeated. Metallic dragons and high-end angels are NOT designed to be defeated. They're designed to be high-level patrons and deus ex machini....and to that end, they must be able to impress a high level party with how truly, obnoxiously paarful they are, as well as romp all over a roomful of baddies when the DM deems the PC's need a helping hand.

That's my guess anyway.

scout989

First Post
Nonlethal Force said:
Oh, thanks. I had the sheet posted before I knew the speed/maneuverability and never thought to go back an change it. I'll just swap out Hover and insert Alertness for the bonus to Spot and Listen checks.

Edit: In doing so, I realized my character sheet had a typo on it. I meant to have my ranks in Spot instead of Spellcraft. (Easy typo since one is right above the other on the old character sheet) So, I changed it if it is no big deal. If it is, then I'll change it back no problem.
There's no problem with that- we're still definitely in the "tweaking" stage here ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads