• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Full - Waiting for complete characters] Loex’edar: The Dragon War

AmorFati

First Post
Goddess FallenAngel said:
When you add two abilities together in a magic item (for example, a Cloak of Charisma +6 and Resistance +5) you take the most expensive cost of the two and add half again as much, correct?

Example: 36,000 (Cha) + 25,000 (Resistance) + (36,000/2=18,000) gp

(trying to finalize magic items on my character)

The way I read it, is that you use the original price of the single most costly ability, in this case charisma, then add the second most costly abilty * 1.5, in this case resistance.

So that would be 36,000 + (25,000*1,5) = 73,500

Jemal

Adventurer
That ^ (AmorFati's ruling) is actually the official one I've heard most often on the Wizards.com message boards.

Anyways still doing work on my dragon... Any tips/hints/suggestions/problems?

LogicsFate

First Post
Due to a reunion my time is limited on EN for the next few days, so if it comes down to everyone being ready and I havn't been able to get any work done, you should consider dropping me, I'll still try but I don't want to delay anyone
LF

Wrahn

First Post
As far as body slot affinities and secondary ability costs, here are my thoughts on the matter:

I think charging the body slot affinity cost in addition to the secondary slot is generally a bad idea, here is why: There is nothing stopping you from piling on secondary powers onto the appropriate slot.

For example, you have a belt of Giant Strength and are thinking about a Helmet of +2 Int and +2 Con. As scout989 would have it it would cost 12,000gp (4,000 + (4,000 x2) )

But what if instead you just added the +2 con onto the belt, you would be saving yourself 2k.

Those are just my thoughts.

zantriel

First Post
After looking at what I would need to do for the Effigy master, and the extra work the DM’s would need to do it right, I think I will not play that.
Here is what I think will work best for me.
Battle Dragon, Cleric, Sacred Warder of Bahamut.
I still need to finish the character but this should work nicely.

AmorFati

First Post
zantriel said:
After looking at what I would need to do for the Effigy master, and the extra work the DM’s would need to do it right, I think I will not play that.
Here is what I think will work best for me.
Battle Dragon, Cleric, Sacred Warder of Bahamut.
I still need to finish the character but this should work nicely.

Good Idea. I love the Effigy Master, but I am not sure how to get it to work properly here.

I assure you, you just made both Scout and me REALLY happy by going with the Battle Dragon. YaY :D
Looking foreward to see the character!

AmorFati

First Post
LogicsFate said:
Due to a reunion my time is limited on EN for the next few days, so if it comes down to everyone being ready and I havn't been able to get any work done, you should consider dropping me, I'll still try but I don't want to delay anyone
LF

We are not yet done with all the characters. The last one, except yours, is still to be made. Take your time, and if you are not ready to join the game as we start it, we will write you in when you are ready, no problem there.

AmorFati

First Post
These are Good to go:

Nonlethal Force - Flitterdust, Faerie Dragon Favored Soul.
Goddess FallenAngel - Luminous, Radiant Dragon Paladin.
Shayuri - Shayuri, Gold Dragon Divine Oracle.
Tailspinner - Zathros, Gold Dragon Fighter.
Wrahn - Versveshedar, Gold Dragon

Please post your characters in the RG thread.

This is what we need:
LogicsFate: Character.
Zantrial: Character.
LordWyrm: Background, personality etc.
Jemal: Upgraded background, to reflect that the Great C isn't the oldest, wisest silver.
Krug: A more extensive background on Kinja. What we got so far is too short.

zantriel

First Post
I'm working on the character, and should be done soon. Dragons are a bit harder to make than your common human fighter, lol.

Remove ads