• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse Issue 1

Shayuri

First Post
Cassandra nods in greeting to Laura and gives Felix a nervous smile.

"Welcome aboard, you two...it's been quite a ride so far. Uh...looks like we may have overdone the diversion a little. It's really stirred up the local law and order. I guess giant ice monsters rampaging will do that."

She sighed and rubbed her forehead.

"We really suck at this."

Voda Vosa

First Post
While driving Uomo chuckles at Cassandra's comment. "That's why people need to learrn to obey orrderrs comrrade." another icy stare at Felix, and then he fixes his eyes in the road. "We will discuss this afterr we rreach a safe place."

BBs

First Post
Laura gives a small smile as the van approaches. "Sorry we held everyone up, we had some pressing trouble with something." she tries and balances herself in the van as the big Russian man smiles at her and focuses on the road at the same time, all the while driving crazy. Thinking "Some turbulences." I've been in plane rides less insane then this! ... Then again, being chased by people with guns is also crazy ... Laura stops smiling as the thought of what she chosen might be wrong crosses her mind.

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC: Do any party members have anything else they'd like to do in Brazil before finding a way out, or are you all ready to look for a way back to the states?

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: I guess spending a few nights in an allinclusive hotel is not an option here =P. Would have liked to chat more with Felix, but he is unresponsive, hadn't seen him in any other games too. So ready when you are.

Zerith

First Post
Felix Zipped into vehicle, with his backpack, when he noticed familiar faces; this to say he reacted within the blinking of an eye.
He fret about in the space he found himself in the vehicle, and, despite the lack luster ride was able to start to unwind enough to relax a little, yet he felt rather small when he got a series of glares by Uomo; that he was still in his neutral form, not much past three feet tall, and Uomo was practically a giant only emphasized the feeling.
It took Felix a moment to work up the nerve to finally speak, that he did so after Laura was not helping his rapidly deflating sense of self-worth. Hairs still on end he took in a long breath and then let it out in a sigh before speaking with as much clarity as he could muster while attempting to achieve a flat even tone. “to elaborate…” he started with a wavering voice. He was still on edge from having the woman jetting away in a whim like manner and was still sheepish from Uomo’s judging stares; for all he knew she was watching them from on high, and he had the privilege of telling Uomo… ‘Don’t-be-mad.Don’t-be-mad… He is going to soo be mad…’ Felix thought with a grimace before continuing, with controlled speed while changing back into his human form.

“We were followed by a woman, she’s a flyer, fast, and she might also have other wind based powers; regrettably I do not know if she is keeping tabs on us. She claims to be none hostile and foretold your arrival: that the jamming may have ended when she left out company, only makes her more worrying. She also says she, or her associates, will attempt to contact Laura when we’re stat side.
Additionally, there was a drawing of Laura on what I assume was the news; our pursuers likely do not have a good photo of her.”

[sblock=Previously/original post]

Felix figured she could fly, then knew she could when she tipped her hand, he just not that she could challenge a plane to a race… ‘verdammt’ he muttered beneath his breath.
Felix was not liking the conclusion we just drew: they either had to trust the woman and wait, in grave risk of an oncoming trap... or attempt to flee, and given that he did not know if the woman had eyes like a hawk, the only escape route he could think of was miserable: the sewers. Something that Hollywood commonly omitted was that sewers had a wealth of water traps; meaning, in order to move through a sewer system, without man hole hoping around the traps, one would have to swim underneath them and pop up on the other side... Felix really did not want to swim through a sewer... he also felt that the conversation. He took the excuse of humoring Laura as a means of avoiding without wounding his ego.

Felix was on edge about the whole mess as it was, if the woman was still spying on them... well, it would be best if she was telling the truth about not being a bad guy... otherwise they were rather damned in their options in his mind. His fur stood on end, puffing out his face slightly while flaring out to a far more noticeable girth about his tail, that was contorting in anxiety. “I hop you’re right…” Felix said as he turned to face Laura with a distressed chirp before turning his gaze back skyward and looked in the direction the woman had vanished. “If-she-lied-to-us…” he squeaked quickly, before turning his gaze back to Laura and allowed a pause, he did not want to say what he was about going to say. He swallowed and spoke clearly “…I, cannot, outrun her.” He quivered and glanced down and to the right.
He knew they lost the chance to knock her out without the woman blundering enough for him to get onto her.. and with how fast she was/ that was not likely… he would have made a comment about it to Laura but he did not see any gain from worrying her.[/sblock]

[sblock=OoC] Sorry for not noticing the new page ^_^;
Also, yeah, we can get the story rolling onto the next scene :3 [/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Uomo narrowed his eyes. His mind quickly made a scan for any known mutants to be able to fly, if they were non-hostile, they might be members of their actual organizations, that didn't know about their infiltration in the terrorist group. Or even worst, it might be an additional party going on.

jkason

First Post
OOC: FYI, I'll be out of state from tomorrow through the 27th. I don't anticipate having much if any online time during the trip

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads