Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse Issue 2: Vegas!

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
"Well Concrete I can do, if I have a source, surely their walls are made out of something resistant to their guns otherwise they'd have to repair a lot. Anyways yes I'll try to take cover as I can but if I can take a form to withstand their shots then I'll try to be cover."

Walking Dad

First Post
Frost

"I think I can handle my part of your plan. I can also create some ice walls to block ways or provide cover for the less bullet resistant folks."
Frost agrees, but his powers are useful for more than brute action.

[sblock=OOC]

----

Frost

HP 1

conditions: normal

defenses:
DODGE 7
PARRY 7
FORTITUDE 9
TOUGHNESS 13 (13 Impervious)
WILL 8

Immunity (poison, disease, crit, suffocation, cold)

[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Cassandra took a deep breath and nodded. She was nervous as hell. Police, even federal agents, she'd held off before. These were at least one step above that, possibly two or three, in terms of training and equipment. In terms of threat.

"I'll do my best."

BBs

First Post
"All right, sounds like a plan." Laura takes in a deep breath, being nervous of her screwing up ... again.

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC:
Enworld just came back up for me, and of course I have to work a long shift tonight, so I'll try to post soon's I can.

Jemal

Adventurer
The team heads out to meet up with Sapphire as she gets off her shift. Though she's much more clothed leaving the than the last time they saw her, Uomo can't help but notice that her skirt still seems exceedingly short on her long legs, and her smile so warm..
Approaching her, Uomo and Cass are the only ones she sees as Enoch keeps up the illusion that the rest of them aren't there.
"Hey tall dark and handsome, ready for your private tour?" She smiles, but it's easy to tell from her fidgeting that she's rather nervous about tonight. During the trip to the Lab, she sidles up beside him and chats idly to him, almost completely ignoring Cass. "You should probably know my real name before we go in, I'm Claudia.. I chose Sapphire as a stage name because it's my birthstone. What's yours?"
She continues making small talk until they get closer to the lab, at which point she stops suddenly and turns to him, biting her lip "Are.. Are you sure we shouldn't just call the police or something? I mean if they're breaking the law, you could get hurt, and if they're not, we could get arrested, and.." She stops and looks up at Uomo as he calms her down, and she takes a deep breath to lead them in.

As they get close, Grid interfaces with the top floor security systems, ensuring that they don't notice the group just like Enoch is cloaking them from people. While he's at it, he sets the alarms to notify him if they are tripped - He can't turn them off without setting off an alert that they've been shut off.. at least, not without some effort.

Before they enter the building, Claudia looks at Uomo "OK, so I can distract the front desk while you guys sneak in, wait one minute before you come in and then I'll meet you in the second conference room on the right, OK?"
With that, she saunters inside.
A minute later, the team sneaks in, and sees her over at the desk, wiping spilled coffee off the pants of a very distracted guard "Oh my god Georgie, I'm so sorry, god I hope it didn't wreck your pants.. do you have any extras?"
They hurriedly move past the hallway and into the designated room. A few minutes later, a flushed Claudia enters the room. "That was so exciting, my heart's pounding more than the first time I stripped! But now I have a coffee date with George.. I offered to buy him some to make it up to him." She smiles excitedly "So what now? There'll be a patroll going by in about 5 minutes, then we'll have another half hour before anybody comes by.

OOC:
I just 'fast forwarded' the 'talking her into it' section. Feel free to post the RP of what he says/said.
Persuasion # 1 was supposed to be +13 (Uomo's 11 +2 for 'support' from Cassandra, so total is 15, not 14. Since she's already enamored, that's enough to quell Saphire's fears.
Grid doesn't have to roll vs most top-floor security measures, but if you want to shut off the alarms without alerting anybody you'll need a check. DC 30 (25 High security +5 to prevent tampering from being noticed)
Sapphire/Claudia is too preoccupied between her nervousness and Uomo to fight Enoch's illusion.

NOW, for those who haven't already figured it out, She is using the Persuasion skill on Uomo

VV, If you want Uomo to 'resist her charms', you can roll a will save vs her, DC 22.
Insight check for everyone but Uomo :p (Unless he chooses to resist and makes the 'save')
[sblock=Insightdc 15]She does not appear Hostile, and seems to just be really into him.
[/sblock]
If Uomo fails, or declines to make a save, his attitude towards her increases to 'helpful' (Basically you're falling for her. :p)

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Claudia said:
"You should probably know my real name before we go in, I'm Claudia..."
"Claudia is such a pretty name, suits you better than Sapphire. A fine spanish name, suits perfectly for such a gorgeous young lady." Uomo offers, small talk was his second name.

Claudia said:
"Are.. Are you sure we shouldn't just call the police or something? I mean if they're breaking the law, you could get hurt, and if they're not, we could get arrested, and.."
"Don't worry Apricot, it takes a lot to hurt me." he winks. "Besides, these guys probably own a fair share of the police department. Our only take at this is exposing them."

Claudia said:
"That was so exciting, my heart's pounding more than the first time I stripped! But now I have a coffee date with George.. I offered to buy him some to make it up to him." She smiles excitedly "So what now? There'll be a patroll going by in about 5 minutes, then we'll have another half hour before anybody comes by."
"Excelent job! So, we'll wait until the the patrol comes by and remain hidden, then we'll move forward." Uomo grabs Claudia by the arms, staring right into her eyes. "Claudia, you've done more than enough for us, I'm in debt with you, but I don't want you to go on any further, I don't want you to risk more than you have already. After the patrol passes by I want you to go home. I'll call you in the morning. I've sent a package to your address, you'll find it ... appealing." he says, still holding her and not moving his gaze from here eyes.
Uomo remains cool headed, although a ravishing romance with such astonishingly beautiful woman would certainly peek his curiosity, they were in the middle of a mission now. He needed to get her to safety now and not expose her, and at the same time not loosing the chance to enjoy what fortune had decided to cast on his way. Surely the kind words and the affection will keep her enamoured for now.

Last edited:

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Material Girl walks along making sure to not make any noise or bump into anything.

Not completely trusting that no one can see her as she walks.

Walking Dad

First Post
Frost recognizes the woman's affection for Uomo in her voice. They seem to have a possible asset right here. Just as he thinks these thoughts he wonders when his heart has started to grow cold, too.

Last edited:

Remove ads