• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse Issue 2: Vegas!

Walking Dad

First Post
Frost

Subconsciously, Frost takes a deep breath as the vial falls down, exhaling slowly (and visible due the temperature difference) as the ice holds. He duly notes he hadn't taken one since they entered the building... Was he still human? What would happen to his frozen innards if he would suddenly loose his mutation?

"Getting out sounds good, but what about the vial? And the man?
If we leave him this way, he may loose his hand through freezer burn..."

[sblock=OOC]

Encasing does usually deal no damage, but I think his concern makes sense, based on the cold descriptor the effect has.

----

Frost

HP 2

conditions: normal

defenses:
DODGE 7
PARRY 7
FORTITUDE 9
TOUGHNESS 13 (13 Impervious)
WILL 8

Immunity (poison, disease, crit, suffocation, cold)

[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
"You know, this hero thing sucks sometimes. He tries to... what? remove our powers? rob us of that which makes us unique? totally reshape our very identities? possibily even kill us?! And we have to worry about him losing a hand?

It's not like we didn't come in here knowing they would try to kill us, and that we may have to use lethal force. I'm not saying we should kill him, I'm not even saying we shouldn't remove the ice, I'm just saying...

it sucks."

EDIT: Noticed I left out a very important not there... too late to retcon anything though.

Last edited:

BBs

First Post
Laura stood there lifeless during the whole fiasco, confusion keeping her still. "I have no idea what just happened, or who this man is. Now we have this vial problem." She looks to the group confused and desperate in the situation.

Shayuri

First Post
"It's one thing to kill someone who's about to kill you," Cassandra says. "It's another to murder a man who's helpless on the ground. It's the same to HIM; he's dead either way. The difference is in us. What it means about us, and what it does to us."

"Frost, you can create ice...can you reshape it? Or melt it rapidly? The vial's still in his hand, and he's unconscious. I don't want to take the chance of breaking the ice to get it away from him."

Walking Dad

First Post
Frost

"Well, I can try, but I have never done this before ..."
Frost says, starting to concentrate and to stare at the frozen hand.
You can sense the enormous effort it takes to unmake and remake his creation.

[sblock=OOC]

Using extra effort to powerstunt a Transform Ice. I would like to keep the vial layered, but the hand freed from the ice.

This will make Frost fatigued.

----

Frost

HP 2

conditions: normal

defenses:
DODGE 7
PARRY 7
FORTITUDE 9
TOUGHNESS 13 (13 Impervious)
WILL 8

Immunity (poison, disease, crit, suffocation, cold)

[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
Uomo, primed for action, takes the scientists sudden movement as a Dive for Cover, and quickly shoots the man in the head with his rubber bullet, realizing only as the man continued slumping what had actually happened. Sometimes his reactions were TOO quick..
Grid does some quick recon of the area - nobody seems to be any wiser as to what's going on in here, but they don't know if these scientists were scheduled to check in or be elsewhere anytime soon, or whether anybody else may come to speak to them. He does some quick poking around the alarm systems and figures rigging a bio-evac would take a short time, but then finds a much easier way. If any of the smoke detectors in the lab were to go off, they would do pretty much what Felix was asking for - Signal an immediate evacuation while keeping all the doors unlocked for ease of movement. Apparently a fire in here would be a real big deal.

After that they gather around the unconscious man and Frost frees the vial with visible effort, before picking up the still ice-encased vial. To anyone else, it would have been like touching a subzero chunk of metal. They glance down at the man, a bump forming on his head from the rubber bullet, and a thin layer of frost still melting from his reddened hand. He'll be out for a while.
Looking at him, Laura realizes with a sickening feeling that she DOES know this man, she is certain of it, but she can't recall from when or where, and when she tries.. Laura is struck by a sudden surge - she feels scared, dizzy, helpless, and staggers backwards nearly blacking out.
[sblock=Laura]
You remember glimpses of another lab, much like this. Of being held down and injected. You are scared and dont understand what's going on. The memory only lasts a moment but it felt so real..[/sblock]
OOC:
So long as Frost holds the vial, it'll be slightly tougher and harder to break thanks to the thin but dense coat of ice. This will melt rather quickly after leaving his person.
Also a reminder, just b/c you have THIS vial doesn't mean there isn't any more, and there's no guarantee it's the completed vial, might just be an earlier version they were studying.

Last edited:

Voidrazor

First Post
With a shake of the head and a couple of rapid blinks, Enoch recovers from being stunned by the near disaster and rapid sequence of events afterwards. "Laura! are you OK?" He takes a step toward her and then stops suddenly, his mind racing. Anything I could do to try to help would be a massive intrusion. And this situation is seriously serious. No time for a stupid crush. Since the institute I've been totally convinced that I could utterly puppeteer anything that came along. That is clearly NOT the situation right now. Time to fill in some blanks, so we can get the hell out of here.

With a last concerned look, Enoch forcibly turns his attention to the remaining scientist. "You want to answer my questions quickly but completely. Right now that's the only thing you want to do, the only thing you can conceive of doing. Where are all of the compounds this facility has produced to effect mutants? When do next expect someone will enter this room? When are you next expected to check in? Beyond computer files, what would this facility have to loose to cause this project to have to restart at square one? Where are your test subjects located? What are the labs procedures in case of fire? In case of biological outbreak? Who is in charge of this facility? Who funds it? What information are you aware of that the directors of this project would most want to prevent mutants from discovering?" The teen glances at the others, "Anything I missed?"

OOC - Enoch continues to push on the scientist's mind, trying to erode all resistance.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Great work Frost, keep that vial sealed and secured, we'll study it later. Material girl, tend to Laura, find out what the heck happened to her and if she knows who that guy is. Copycat, take his wallet and documents, use your speed to search for any kind of documents that you think might be important and take them. Enoch, keep interrogating them as you are, Copycat might suggest more questions. Grid, Fulcrum, Frost, with me, we are going to take out that bioweapon. When the rest is done, follow us so we can see if we might take the subjects too. We probably don't have much time until these two had to report" Time for action and some quick thinking.

Shayuri

First Post
Cassandra looked at Uomo, away from Laura whom she'd briefly supported with a trickle of telekinesis when it looked like she'd fall. She nodded, but asked Laura, "You okay?"

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Material Girl moves to Laura's side and offers physical support. "I can carry you if you need." she says looking around at various materials that would offer her strength.

"Get a breath, we're going to have to move soon."

Remove ads