• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Generation Legacy the Next Generation of OOC

Shalimar

First Post
So uh, what kind of mind control is it? There are a few types. Is it mind control that blanks my mind to anything but following the order? Is it Mind control that makes me regard him as a friend so I don't want to hurt him? Is it mind control where I have to follow his commands to the letter but I have the ability to carry it out as I see fit so long as I am carrying it out?

If it were the latter, I would just throw a Lightning bolt down between him and Ryan catching both with the Stun effects, Ryan wouldn't be hurtwith his PL 9 forcefield, and hopefullythe bad guy would be stunned, freeing me. That follows the letter, he never said don't try to kill Mr. Mindcontrol while I was killing the others.

If its me not wanting to hurt him, should I play Kelly as a villian for the fight?
If its me going blank while serving, will you just do all of Kelly's actions?

Calinon

First Post
Mind Control check is 27, Kelly rolls an 8 on her Will Save. She fails; I assume she does not want to use the HP because only a 20 will save her. He rolls a 17 to get her to complete the action she is highly opposed to…
As an innocent reader who doesn't wanna see Kelly blast the crap out of anyone, doesn't mind control work as follows?

<deleted incorrect drivel>

Bah, never mind. The first mind control check happens, then a d20+power check vs DC15+target will save. If the check fails, the mind controlled character gets a will save versus the original mind control check.

So much for Kelly not blasting someone hehe. Even if they don't get her to follow directions, she likely can't break free.

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
So uh, what kind of mind control is it? There are a few types. Is it mind control that blanks my mind to anything but following the order? Is it Mind control that makes me regard him as a friend so I don't want to hurt him? Is it mind control where I have to follow his commands to the letter but I have the ability to carry it out as I see fit so long as I am carrying it out?

If it were the latter, I would just throw a Lightning bolt down between him and Ryan catching both with the Stun effects, Ryan wouldn't be hurtwith his PL 9 forcefield, and hopefullythe bad guy would be stunned, freeing me. That follows the letter, he never said don't try to kill Mr. Mindcontrol while I was killing the others.

If its me not wanting to hurt him, should I play Kelly as a villian for the fight?
If its me going blank while serving, will you just do all of Kelly's actions?
You do what he wants when he wants :) right now you want to kill your friends, not the Mind Control guy... so if you can't do that, I know I can ;)

Last edited:

Agamon

Adventurer
I'm cool with my horrible init, Toki.

a) Anika's one confused little girl right now

b) If she can help without having to cast a spell (doubtful, I know), she will, and going last facilitates that a bit.

c) Getting the poo knocked out of her before she can do anything makes my decision so much easier :p

Hammerhead

Explorer
My prediction is that the Mr. Mind Control will go down so fast it's not funny...I mean, every single one of the characters in Legacy is bad against mental effects except for Anika, making him Threat Number One. And my other prediction is that Anika herself will likely get flattened before she can put up a force field. Initiative 3...ouch! Bad round for initiatives...Ryan got like a 4, Anika got a 1, Cassie got a 4... :(

I suppose it could be worse. They all could have Protection at PL 10 and Regeneration. That would be fun.

This should be an interesting, albeit quite large, battle.

Agamon

Adventurer
Yeah, you weren't fooling when you told me we were in for a monster battle, Toki. 21 combatants go before Anika, wow...

Remove ads