[Grim Tales] Slavelords Of Cydonia [full]

Wulf Ratbane said:
Rodrigo, I had you listed with your Savant bonus for Search. You want that moved to Disable Device?

(For that matter I had your 2 skill points spent for 1 rank of Search cross-class. I assume that was my mistake so I moved the skill points and the Savant both to DD.)

Yeah. Search is more useful, but DD fits better with Trickster, I think.

BryonD

Hero
Just minor stuff:
You gave me the credit for improved damage threshold. But it is not actually listed.
Prof: Husbandry, should I ever actually make a check :) is +10

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
nakia said:
How about Streetfighting for my other feat? (I forgot about the 6ht level feat).

Well, sure, if that's what you want.

I might suggest something more utile, though-- Heroic Surge is always good; for that matter I've often felt that GT/d20M characters have the luxury of actually taking Iron Will/Lightning Reflexes/Great Fortitude when the opportunity presents itself.

nakia

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:
Well, sure, if that's what you want.

I might suggest something more utile, though-- Heroic Surge is always good; for that matter I've often felt that GT/d20M characters have the luxury of actually taking Iron Will/Lightning Reflexes/Great Fortitude when the opportunity presents itself.

I didn't know utile was a word. :)

And your advice is sound. Teddy has Iron Will, but adding another +2 to his will saves makes sense in this snake pit of mind domination. (Why did I just have a G.I. Joe flashback?) But Heroic Surge has the most general utility, so I'll so with that.

Put Teddy down for Heroic Surge.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
nakia said:
I didn't know utile was a word. :)

I draw an artificial distinction between useful and utile, in that something that is useful could be used, whereas something that is utile should be used. It has an air of immediacy to it. Or maybe it's that something that is useful is useful by happenstance; whereas something that is utile is useful by design.

Power Windows? Useful. Socket wrench? Utile.

Totally artificial distinction-- utile = useful, actually-- but that's how my mind seems to want to sort them out.

nakia

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:
I draw an artificial distinction between useful and utile, in that something that is useful could be used, whereas something that is utile should be used. It has an air of immediacy to it. Or maybe it's that something that is useful is useful by happenstance; whereas something that is utile is useful by design.

Power Windows? Useful. Socket wrench? Utile.

Totally artificial distinction-- utile = useful, actually-- but that's how my mind seems to want to sort them out.

So something can be useful and not utile, but something cannot be utile and not useful. Useful is a necessary but not sufficient condition for utility.

For Teddy, large bludgeoning objects are utile. They can and should be used. Nay, they need to be used. Often.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Guys, as it turns out I have too much to do at work before my vacation next week. Won't be able to update till I get back.

I'll take my laptop with me of course and try to get something juicy ready for when I have internet access again.

ragboy

Explorer
T. Rawley Dedicated 6

Wulf Ratbane said:
Somehow this post slipped through my notifications...

No sweat. Sorry about the delay. I think the most updated character sheets got eaten by the server crash and I didn't have a copy for some reason.

Also: You mentioned that during the gladitorial combats Rawley was fighting with a (two?) hand crossbow. Exotic weapon? Anyway, I'm envisioning him riding some fleet Cydonian beast and weilding a badass Comanche-type lance with his shiny new feats.

Here's the Rawley update.

Dedicated 6
Oracle/Hero 6

Reflex +4

BAB: +4
Ranged: +6
Melee: +3

HP: 29

7 skill points
Handle Animal +8 (3)
Gather Information +11 (1)
Ride +12 (3)