HM's AP for PbP -(closed group, playtesting)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ok everyone here is are OOC. I haven't came up with a name for the AP as I'm thinking it will develop as we play (I hope at least).

Here's my merry bunch of players:

@jackslate45
@Dragonwriter
@sunshadow21
@jkason

You all can go ahead and discuss party make up I will help you along as I can. First thing is I will be playing an NPC to fill out whatever role that you all think is needed. And to give insight/pushes if we get stuck (I sure hope not).

A lot of other stuff I need to talk about but will let you all go through the group first and I am in the middle of rolling up an old school character. :p

Saving Post Two for the group and Character gene.

HM

LINKS
http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing-game/308197-hms-ap-play-post-closed-group-playtesting-ic.html
http://www.enworld.org/forum/rogues-gallery/307385-hms-ap-play-post-rg.html

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Group:

DW - halfling outrider desert druid
sunshadow21 - elven witch of the sands
jkason - half-orc ranger (trapper)
jackslate45 - half-orc invulnerable beast totem barbarian
NPC - half-orc cavalier from the order of the dragon

[sblock=Character Gene]
- Starting Level: 1st
- Abilities: point buy (25 pts) - Epic Fantasy - I hope so.
- Races: Core only
- Classes: Core & APG + Magus
- Hit Points: Max at 1st lvl and Max -2 for all other lvls
- Feats & Traits: Core/APG/AA only - may pick two traits (UM feats subject to approval)
- Starting Wealth: Max at 1st lvl
- Equipment: Core/APG/AA only - If it's on the SRD I will take a look at it for you. Never hurts to ask.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Well, glad to be here with all of you. Thanks for the invite, HM. :)

As for character, I'm currently thinking of playing a Druid. That may change depending on everyone else's preferences, though. ;)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
YW DW glad you and everyone are here to help.

Info: This whole AP will be taking place in the desert (with a stop off to another plane for good measure).

Starting town will be Cairo like with lots of different peoples, races, and such. So you may say that you grew up in said town (Right now I only have it listed in my notes as City-1, or C1 sorry I am bad with names) or came from another land.

You all will be hired on(in various ways for various reasons) to explore an underground tomb that was recently discovered and a way dug to it. This first adventure I am hoping will be very Indiana Jones-ish.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Have added Character gene rules to post #2 along with a spot to keep track of who is thinking of what character concept.

Anything in the character gene rules you wish added/changed ask away.

HM

jackslate45

First Post
I was thinking a Half Orc Invulnerable Totem Rage Barbarian, who when raging would become more feral like. He would carry no weapon(taking the Toothy alternate racial trait to have a natural attack until level 2).

Or a ranger guide. but that is always my backup choice.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Have added Character gene rules to post #2 along with a spot to keep track of who is thinking of what character concept.

Anything in the character gene rules you wish added/changed ask away.

HM

While not an addition or change, I would like a little more setting info, if possible. Particularly about the standard races and how their cultures are, if you have such stuff written up.

The more I think on this, the more I drift towards a Halfling Druid (possibly Desert Druid variant) with a Giant Scorpion animal companion (according to the PFSRD, Vermin companions were introduced/allowed in UM and they operate mostly the same). My mental image is of a somewhat savage character who also makes use of the scorpion venom on his own weapons and also rides the scorpion into battle. Whether I go with a lance or mounted archery remains to be seen...
Okay, I think I'm pretty well decided on my character, if my requests are permitted. :lol:

And if the culture stuff isn't set yet, then savage scorpion-riding halfling warriors should be easily worked in. :D

sunshadow21

Explorer
We could go a druids/rangers/barbarians party I suppose. It would be thematically appropriate for desert, and give HM a definite feel for how it works for a fairly high-powered party. Vermin animal companions work the same as any others, the only thing lacking from the SRD is the actual stats they have.

Dragonwriter

First Post
We could go a druids/rangers/barbarians party I suppose. It would be thematically appropriate for desert, and give HM a definite feel for how it works for a fairly high-powered party. Vermin animal companions work the same as any others, the only thing lacking from the SRD is the actual stats they have.

Rangers are/were hardly considered high-powered, at least in 3.5. I didn't see a lot of changes to them for PF, either. :p Barbarians are pretty potent. But we really should have some sort of arcanist. And jkason hasn't popped in yet...

And actually, the SRD I found does have the Vermin companion stats listed on the Animal Companions page. :)

But really sunshadow, I suggest you at least voice a preference for your own class. We're still very much in working out who/what the group will comprise and I think all our concepts are mutable at this point. :)

Remove ads