• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

HM's AP for PbP -(closed group, playtesting)

sunshadow21

Explorer
I was figuring ranger, witch, magus, or inquisitor at this point. While ranger isn't normally a super powerful choice, in a setting like a desert, a lot more of their situational abilities are going to come into play a lot more often, especially with some of the archetypes available to them.

jackslate45

First Post
Indeed. My choice could change entirely.
As for high powered, not having a weapon which gains the +magical abilities hurts. But, I do get some cool thematic things. and a Amulet of Mighty fists would be beautiful though...

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Sorry DW I really haven't thought up a setting just the game. :blush: I was hoping for a generic enough game a GM could throw into any setting they wish.

You all may fluff out whatever you wish. And I will run with it. I should leave room for side quest/personal goals to accomplish. First thing to note that the playtest has helped with - thanks.

Let's see tenative group so far...

- Half Orc Invulnerable Totem Rage Barbarian
- Halfling Druid (Desert) - scorpion companion
- ?? Witch - possible familiar themes (greensting scorpion, house centipede, scarlet spider, thrush, cat (siamese?), monkey, lizard, viper(cobra look?), weasel)

Then what do you think? A full time healer and a face man?? - Unless sunshadow21 takes a half-elf witch with a thrush familiar -

Diplomacy (CHA+1;trait makes it a class skill) so @ lvl1 = +12: +1 rank, +3 class, +1 CHA, +3 feat, +3 familiar, +1 trait

The NPC will be a native and a freed slave btw. But your characters could come from across the sea or from a non human settlement located somewhere in/near the desert.

If you wish for a nomadic tribe of halflings to live and work the desert than we can work on what they are like DW. Or if you think they have a settlement - maybe homes build into a cliff face somewhere that works as well.

HM

sunshadow21

Explorer
I could play the face. A thrush in the middle of the desert could be interesting. If we have a druid and a witch already, and someone else is leaning toward druid, I don't think we need a full time healer, as 3 of the 4 characters would have access to healing. If I go face and knowledge skills, others could cover the scouting and fill in the knowledge skills I can't take.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Sorry DW I really haven't thought up a setting just the game. :blush: I was hoping for a generic enough game a GM could throw into any setting they wish.
<snip>
If you wish for a nomadic tribe of halflings to live and work the desert than we can work on what they are like DW. Or if you think they have a settlement - maybe homes build into a cliff face somewhere that works as well.

HM

No setting info/generic desert is fine. It lets us run with concepts, after all. :D

And yes, the halflings would definitely be nomadic. Settling down carries with it tones of civilizing, which I don't really see with a group of scorpion-riders. ;)

Dragonwriter

First Post
i still find it hard to conceptualize. Halfling riding Scorpions...

Maybe this will help.

Scorpion%20Rider.jpg

Incidentally, I happen to have the game this piece of art comes from... And I swear, it had nothing to do with my concept! I'd practically forgotten the Scorpion unit. :p

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Halfling scorpion riders out inthe desert I will add that to my hmmmm.... factor for later.

OK update on roles (let me know if this is correct):

- meat shield - jackslate45
- divine caster/desert survival - DW
- face/arcanist/knowledges - sunshadow21

If correct what do you think the NPC should be? Am going to wait till jkason chimes in, to see what he is thinking for a concept.

I was thinking a ranger (trapper/guide) would be cool for this type of game. And if someone else wants to try this please be my guest. But was thinking of covering the skill monkey role and having a little more martial power on hand.

HM

Remove ads