HM's AP for PbP -(closed group, playtesting)

jkason

First Post
Trying switch hitter I see. Only thing I found was under LvL ups it said HP +9 and should be +10 - your totals are correct.

You caught me. I find that, left to my own devices, I tend to create characters that are marginally good at the thing I think they should be good at, and horrible at everything else, so I've been looking at some optimization guides to see if I can get a feel for making some decently-useful crunch so I don't feel like a fifth wheel. :)

Fixed the level-up section

Dragonwriter

First Post
Arsa - just equipment as I have a question about the armor. Do you wish to play it as standard (thus things that effect metal will effect it) or since it is made of different material have it be as close to it as we can get.

I can't find Chitin or Carapace armor rules but was thinking of following the bone rules in UC. So cost half as much, would drop by 1 for AC, lose fragile trait because it is magical. And would not follow the normal rules for wearing metal armor (in the desert) or effected by heat metal and such. Let me know what you think. Also later on if you want to make him a real tank you could say it provides a natural armor bonus as well (same cost as Amulet of Natural Armor and takes up the neck slot, etc. - just more fluff for as it "grows").

I already provided the basics on Chitin. And I certainly don't want to re-fluff Bone, seeing how it drops AC. :p So I'll just re-post the important Chitin info. This originally (AFAIK) appeared in the 3.5 supplement Races of the Dragon (and remember, PF is intended to be compatible with 3.5).

[sblock=Chitin Armor]
Chitin is less restricting than metal, even though it weighs the same amount. The maximum Dexterity bonus of an armor or shield made of chitin is 1 greater than that of the same type of armor made from metal. Breastplates, half-plate armor, full plate armor and shields can be made from chitin. (Typically, the only kind of shield crafted from Chitin is a tower shield, since most shields don't have a maximum Dexterity bonus.)
A single giant beetle provides enough material to create a single breastplate or tower shield sized for a character of the same size category as the beetle. <SNIP> A suit of half-plate or full plate armor takes twice as much chitin, while a light shield or heavy shield takes half as much. (A chitin buckler can be made from the cast-off bits of any giant beetle.) The chitin from multiple giant beetles can be combined.
Because chitin armor isn't made from metal, druids can wear it without penalty. Armor and shields fashioned from chitin are always masterwork items; the masterwork cost is included in the prices given below. Chitin armor or shields cost double what masterwork armor of that type ordinarily costs, but take no longer to make than ordinary armor of that type.
Chitin armor has 10 hit points per inch of thickness and hardness 5.
[/sblock]

Barding should cost 2,200gp for being a medium non-humaniod creature. Will wait till you change purchases.

Ack! Missed that... I generally don't even have an animal companion to equip. :p

I'll just drop the Cloak and keep the Barding, with a couple hundred GP left over.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Sounds good - please post that sblock in your character sheet for me. Me old head ain't what it use to be (and even then it wasn't to good :p). I should have thought to look up 3.5 rules. DOH!

I am off to work so updating tonight.

HM

Remove ads