HM's AP for PbP -(closed group, playtesting)

Dragonwriter

First Post
Still looking for an answer to this...

As for the 4K cash, this again runs into players being able to get exactly what they want (benefit!) but with the possibility of them picking up something overpowered (drawback). But anyway, can we spend some of the money to upgrade our special item with a new effect? Yes, I'm thinking of watching the Emperor Scorpion Carapace turn magical and get a +1. :)

Other than gear, Arsa and Tox are now updated.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Sorry didn't see the question in there thought you were saying you were thinking about doing so since it is allowed.

HM

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Moving this up in case yo missed it jkason. This proves you aren't crazy you did post the question.

heh. Just to the wrong thread. So, less crazy than I thought, but still relatively crazy. :)

Okay, got most of Gyrs' gear done. Is there any enchantment in Pathfinder that lets a character summon and unsummon armor? Just curious, since the standard if Gyrs finds a trap will likely be that he asks folks to hold on a sec while he takes off his breastplate then puts it back on. ;)

Also, he still has 500 or so gold that I'm not sure I need to spend on anything in particular. Are there wands we want to stock up on? Gyrs has cash he can pool for those purposes, if so.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Sorry didn't see the question in there thought you were saying you were thinking about doing so since it is allowed.

HM

It was rather securely and quietly nestled in that Wall-O'-Text. ;)

So with that, here's what I'm purchasing with my 4K GP:
Mithral Chain Shirt Barding for a Giant Scorpion (1100)
Scorpion Armor +1 (1000)
Cloak of Resistance (1000)
Wand of CLW (50 charges, CL 1) (750)
2 potions of CLW (CL 1) (100)

Sell Exotic Riding Saddle for 15 GP.
Purchase Exotic Military Saddle for 60 GP.

Arsa would have 5 GP left, from selling his old saddle. I will update my sheet once these items receive the OK. :)

jackslate45

First Post
Hmm... missed this glad I went back. That will come out of your total gp too (sorry). But during the fight I wanted a weapon that would do minimum dmg and bypass the DR. Glad you liked it. I think it will fit Beast very well.

HM

I figured as much. I have yet to have time to update him, but he shouldn't be to hard.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Do we get money to spend? I think I missed that.

Going to have each of you gain enough treasure to be at a total of 5,000gp. The following guidelines should be followed when spending your hard earned cash.

1) This is not in addition to the item you received in the tomb. That item should be subtracted from your 5k GP total. (So Sandwalker would have 4,000gp to spend, etc.)

2) No item you purchase should be worth more than half your current wealth total (or no more than 2,500gp).

3) You are not limited at this time in what you may purchase as you are in a Cairo type city with goods coming from all over. Later in the adventure your selections may (read as will) be limited.

4) Any oddities (like the gloves from before) will need to be written out or link for me, please.

And that means a slight revision for my list...

Mithral Chain Shirt Barding for a Giant Scorpion (1100)
Scorpionback (Chitin) Breastplate +1 (1700)
Cloak of Resistance (1000)
Wand of CLW (50 charges, CL 1) (750)
2 potions of CLW (CL 1) (100)

Sell Exotic Riding Saddle for 15 GP.
Purchase Exotic Military Saddle for 60 GP.

Which leaves me with 305 GP. I'll pool a little with you, jkason, and we can pick up another wand of CLW, or another useful 1st-level wand. Then perhaps you should just get another potion of CLW for yourself.

jackslate45

First Post
Here is what i got:

Choker(To become Amulet of Mighty Fists after the crawl):1500
MWK Earthbreaker: 340
Cloak of Restistance: 1000
Breastplate +1: 1350 +7 AC -3 ACP
Wand of CLW (I got nothing else I really want. Open to suggestions) 750
--------

I should have him updated here soon.

sunshadow21

Explorer
Shopping List:
Handy Haversack (2k)
Emerald of Power, level 1 (1k)
Hand of the Mage (900)
MW longspear (302)
MW composite (+1) longbow (500)
Weapon Blanch, Adamantine (100)
Scrolls:
*Cure Light Wounds (2) 50 gp
*Mage Armor (4) 100 gp

And Sandwalker has 48 gp left over he can contribute to a party wand.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Not to give anything away but you might wish to put the "group gold" on hold for just a bit.

I am writing the next post for advancement of the thread. It is kind of like Tergin calling you back to meet him about three-four weeks after your adventure in the tomb. During this time you would have been working/shopping/etc.

For fluff it was needed for time to decipher the map Tregin found. For crunch it was to have everyone at full health and RP their LvL up and new gear.

HM

Remove ads