Humans rule at distance running

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
uh, what markets are you referring to?

edit: never mind, just figured out what you might be referring to.

Last edited:

instep and toward the heel. not good, huh?
Well, walking, not running, probably not too bad. There is a lot less stress on your feet when you walk. You're probably fine walking like that as long as you aren't feeling pain in your heels when you walk for a short distance. However, if you want to walk with a mi-foot strike, which is probably better, you should shorten your stride. In other word, take smaller steps. This will make it less likely that you'll land with your heel.

If you are able to, try this: First, walk at your regular speed. As you've seen, you land on your instep towards the heel. Notice how it feels to land. Pay attention to any pain you might feel. Notice the amount of impact on your feet when you are walking.

Second, do the same thing as before, but this time, try walking a twice as fast as you normally do. You'll probably notice that when you try and walking twice as fast, you take a slightly larger step. You'll also notice that you are landing with a bit more force, and you are striking more with your heel.

Third, try to walk a lot faster than you normally do. You'll notice that you are taking larger steps, and hitting the ground much harder. You should also be striking more with your heel.

Finally, walk using shorter steps. You may not cover the same distance in the same amount of time, but you should notice that with smaller steps, you are landing more with your mid-foot. Pay attention to the impact as you walk. It should feel as if you are landing much softer, as if you would while walking barefoot. You don't even have to shorten your stride by much. A slight modification can make a significant difference.

PigKnight

First Post
I've never worn athletic shoes; while walking my heel and metatarsals hit the ground around the same time and when I run or take a fighting stance I'm pretty much only on my metatarsals.

I've never worn athletic shoes; while walking my heel and metatarsals hit the ground around the same time and when I run or take a fighting stance I'm pretty much only on my metatarsals.
At the same time?

Attachments

• pig-in-boots-lrg.jpg
    pig-in-boots-lrg.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 53

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Well, when a man likes a special someone a lot, he stalks them, takes pics of them without knowing and follows them all over the internet.

Remove ads