IC: HUSSies Graduation Exam (Elements of Magic Revised)

Komodo

First Post
The group edges cautiously towards the house, keeping a careful eye on the suspicious tree. Their weapons are drawn, and magic is ready on their tongues.

OoC: We're going to keep in our formation around Adam so as to benefit from his spell while we make our way towards the house. Since we're all humans, but we don't want to go off attracting attention, we'll move at our regular 30 feet.

Last edited:

Particle_Man

Explorer
Um, need DM info here.

[OOC: I don't know if the old sphere of sneaking is still in effect (10 minute duration). If so, fine. If not, I don't know how long it will take to get to the house. If more than one minute but less than 10, I can repeat the spell. If less than one minute I will cast "lesser sphere of sneaking" (duration one minute, otherwise identical) to spend only 3 points instead of 4 (gotta conserve those points -- we need to get out of here after we get the book, after all!). That said, Adam goes along with the plan. Whatever the marching order, Adam needs to be in the centre, for obvious reasons.]

The Goblin King

First Post
((It will take two rounds to reach the house at your move speed))

After the Lesser Sphere of Sneaking is cast Golian takes point. Just as your about to scale the overgrown fence you notice movement in your peripheral vision. Its a trick! The tree was just a distraction to keep you from noticeing the real danger. Leaping back at the last second you dodge the vines snaking out towards you. Golian moves like water and slips from the grasping vines out of reach. After a moment of searching the animated vines go back to the rest position.

Particle_Man

Explorer
Sensing that the time for subtlety is past, Adam quickly casts a spell. Suddenly a 20' wide, 10' high wall of stone appears in front of the vines, between them and the path the adventurers will take towards the manor. "Let's move as quickly as we can and hope that no one notices my impromptu construction" Adam whispers.

[ooc This wall is 20% real (so it really can block aggressive vegetation), and lasts for 10 minutes. Enough to handle vines, anyhow. And that is 4 more points gone.]

Voadam

Legend
"The plant master's clever feints are for naught!"

Golian moves with catlike grace as the point man once again when the wall spell is cast and the directions given.

Remove ads