Jemal's Anniversary Special!

Wrahn

First Post
[MENTION=9191]Wrahn[/MENTION] : I was going over my previously mentioned variable character in another campaign, and realized that there is actually a good reason to use different forms of create rather than just one big one, that's not exploity like the 'limited' thing.
Simply put: Smaller things take less power (Ranks). Kinda 'duh' but I guess I had a moment of stupidity. So you could put all your variable into one huge item, or put just a bit into making a small item (like a sword or such) and the rest into other powers.

Apologies for saying earlier that there was no reason to take multiple create's.

No worries. I am probably going with an array. Looking something like

Summon Nightmare (1 heroic summon)
Flight and perception attack (Flight 5, Damage 5 perception, variable effect)
Point Blank Area of affect selective attack (Damage 5, Burst 3, Selective, variable effect)
Create 5
Transform 5 (any)
Summon Dreams: Summon 3, Broad type, x4 number, Mindlink

It is a good place to start, gives a wide variety of powers and can simulate a lot.

Let me ask about something though. If I have a power, like create, that I make continuous and switch away from the effect in the array, does the created object go away? What if it is permanent? In second edition, continuous on create was specifically exempt from going away when you switched away from it in an array, but I am not sure if that remains.

I will stat up the character fully when I am more awake, assuming that we are okay with that array.

Jemal

Adventurer
I would suggest putting variable on your heroic summon too, unless you want just a single specific nightmare thats the same each time you summon it.

Also I'm going to ask that your transform be limited to rank 4 (Non-living).

Wrahn

First Post
I would suggest putting variable on your heroic summon too, unless you want just a single specific nightmare thats the same each time you summon it.

Also I'm going to ask that your transform be limited to rank 4 (Non-living).

It was my intention, but I will probably have enough leeway to put variable on it.

Also, according to the SRD, You can't use transform on living beings
d20herosrd said:
Transforming living or otherwise animate beings as opposed to inanimate matter requires an effect other than Transform. To alter a target’s outward appearance only, go with a Morph Attack. For a harmful effect that does something like turn the target to stone or into a mind-controlled zombie, see Affliction. When dealing with non-living creatures (those absent Stamina) capable of resistance checks (possessing Will) the GM may permit Transform to function like an Affliction against them.

Wrahn

First Post
Okay, Here we go, let me know if there are any issues:

1 Str
5 Sta(0+5)
0 Agl
0 Dex
0 Fgt
2 Int
1 Awe
2 Pre

5 Dodge ( 0 Agl + 5 Ranks)
5 Parry ( 0 Fgt + 5 Ranks)
5 Will ( 1 Awe + 4 Ranks)
5 Fort ( 5 Sta + 0 Ranks)
5 Tough ( 5 Sta + 0 Ranks)

Deception +3 (1 Rank + 2 Pre)
Expertise (Player) +7 (5 Ranks + 2 Int)
Insight +2 (1 Rank + 1 Awe)
Perception +2 (1 Rank + 1 Awe)
Persuasion +3 (1 Rank + 2 Pre)
Tech +6 (4 Ranks + 2 Int)
Vehicles +1 (1 Rank + 0 Dex)

10 Enhance trait 5 (Stamina)

32 Dream Weaving:
Dream of Agony (Damage 5, Burst 3, Selective, Variable effect 2)
Dream of Flight and Dream of Pain: (Flight 5 and Damage 5, Perception Range, Variable Effect 2)
Nightmare: (Summon 5, Heroic, Narrow Group (monsterous nightmares), Mindlink)
Dream of Creation: (Create 5, Continuous, Selective, Percise, Subtle 2)
Dream of Change: (Transform (anything to anything) 5, Continuous, Permanent)
Dreams: (Summon 3, Broad Group (Any dream), x4 Number, Mindlink)

12 Characteristics + 14 Saves + 7 Skills + 42 Powers = 75

Complication:

Motivation: Uphold the Good. Rob has a good moral center and knows right from wrong. He sees these problems and seems to be one of the few that can stand against it. It is time to make a stand.

Dream Reality: The boundry between dreams and reality is a little blurry around Rob. Sometimes things take an unreal, dreamlike quality. Usually it is nothing more than seeing something duck behind a corner that isn't there or color are more surreal, but occasionally things go... weird and people begin to experience waking dreams.

"Did I see a gnome selling papers outside?"
"Is that a damn unicorn?!?"
"WHY AM I NAKED!"

D'Raven

First Post
Something else he missed, the reason to take perception on any thing ranged, no attack roll is needed. BBs you don't need to have heal attack bonuses because it's perception as long as you know they are there you can heal.

Wrahn

First Post
So I am assuming we are good with his/my abilities and I will post in the RG.

I am now assuming that we have the abilities listed and will respond accordingly in play.

Jemal

Adventurer
Everybody can use their characters as is while I go over them. If anything needs to change it can easily be explained ic as early instability.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
So the dream-weaving is basically what the Guardian does, which means that Rob is basically a low-level Guardian. Welcome to the corp. ;)
BTW, I'd like you to take a 1 pt feature similar to your complication, but allowing me to do occasional 'good' random dreamings for you. Basically between the two, random dreams will occur around you a lot - sometimes good sometimes bad.

Remove ads