Jessica Jones [spoilers allowed]

Bagpuss

Legend
Noticed a nice Easter Egg in episode 6.

[sblock]When Luke Cage turns up to higher Jessica she first recommends Angela Del Toro, aka White Tiger.[/sblock]

Ryujin

Legend
Noticed a nice Easter Egg in episode 6.

[sblock]When Luke Cage turns up to higher Jessica she first recommends Angela Del Toro, aka White Tiger.[/sblock]

I missed that one, but....

[sblock]... her blonde radio personality friend is Hellcat.[/sblock]

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You don't need to spoiler block them, guys. Entire conversations behind spoiler tags are a bit silly. It doesn't work on Tapatalk anyway. It's a spoiler thread!

I am now rewatching Jessica Jones (slowly, instead of the binge week-end the last time).
Some things that are unclear the first time around make sense knowing it all:
Jessica Jones is "stalking" Lucas because of her killing his wife. On the first viewing, it seemed more like that might just be something she did when she could not sleep, and later I didn't really actively think about it more.
On the first viewing, it seems like Killgrave is playing with Jessica - especially when he sees her and doesn't immediately try to give her orders. But he probably already knows, or ist at least worried, by then, that he might not be able to control her - so he takes off and puts the family in her way so he can be sure he gets away. It also explains his other security measures a lot better - it's not just paranoia.

The scene with her addict/spy neighbour and the biker and the scene in the hospital have an interesting undercurrent - at that point, he was spying for Killgrave already. In the first scene, Jessica defends him, and in the second, Jessica uses him for her own gain. Jessica is ashamed of the second time, but she is not aware that he has every reason to feel ashamed about something, too...

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
A little choppy in the second half, IMO. The female twin character doesn't play very believably despite being very good in early episodes. So, too, the actor playing Simpson does a good job while controlled then when repentant but after visiting the doctor feels poorly portrayed. The rest of the acting is solid throughout. It might be that the direction wasn't handled well but those two characters have fairly significant series arcs and can break the tone for an episode if mishandled.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
A little choppy in the second half, IMO. The female twin character doesn't play very believably despite being very good in early episodes. So, too, the actor playing Simpson does a good job while controlled then when repentant but after visiting the doctor feels poorly portrayed. The rest of the acting is solid throughout. It might be that the direction wasn't handled well but those two characters have fairly significant series arcs and can break the tone for an episode if mishandled.

I didn't mind Robin, her character was suppose to be erratic and off putting and her sane moments interacting with Malcolm worked to earn a bit of sympathy. There is also some online speculation that she is being set up to be a future antagonist and possibly even Typhoid Mary, I'm not convinced of that but we'll wait and see.
I agree that Simpsons second half was patchy and did threaten to break the tone of the show. But I just put that down to being comic book 'going crazy'. Moreover the mystery set up with IGH and Koslov is something I really hope gets explored in future - hopefully in the Luke Cage series

Last edited:

Cergorach

The Laughing One
I watched the series in a day and a half when it came out. Honestly, I was unfamiliar with Jessica Jones the character, and I had hoped for 'more'. It wasn't bad, but I didn't think it was good either when compared to Daredevil. I even enjoy the other Marvel TV series more (Agents + Carter)...

I don't know exactly what was the 'problem', can't really put my finger on it. Something I did like was David Tennant (aka. one of the Good Doctors). Maybe it felt to much like a police procedural, maybe I just didn't like the Jessica Jones character as portrayed here.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm confused. I watched the whole thing. I don't recall any twins. Who was that?

Oh, was that the people in the flat upstairs?

Remove ads