• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Koukonsögur - Saga of the Trollfed Aerie - IC

Voda Vosa

First Post
Olaf rushes into the cave beneath the well, grabbing the rope. Sliding down, the warrior nimbly shifts and positions itself in the solid ground. There's one goblin not covered by shoadoes or obstacles, so his anger is unleashed over it.
"Die!" he shouts. The raw power of the Curse channels through Olaf as he screams, and a beam of bright red energy surges from his mouth and right into the goblin's face.

OOC: Using Heroic Effort to add a +4 to the attack, hitting the goblin (n°1) ugly face for 13 dmg.

Last edited:

Cor Azer

First Post
Stunned and staggering from the mul's rush and the hellish bolt from across the chamber, the goblin extricates itself from the firepit, but eager for revenge, lunges back at the mul now trapped in a corner.

On the ledge above an behind him, the goblins split. The first aims his crossbow, loosing a bolt at the dragonborn blackguard. The other runs up the ramp to the large bronze horn, and after taking a deep breath, blows hard... issuing a long deep note that reverberates in the chamber, and can be heard echoing down the southern tunnel.

The movement through their shadowy demesne - and the blaringly loud horn blast - stir the bats hidden away. The keening screeches precede them, as they swoop out of the darkness, tiny claws and teeth slashing, biting, bothering at the intruders, before retreating as fast as they can back into their shadowy recesses.

OOC: Map updated at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuvLb6wmpG_IdHpmSFdNSi1WLU9pQnp1TmtfYUY2V0E&hl=en_US

Goblin 1: shift 1, then attacks Dossk
Goblin 3: shoot
Goblin 2: move, sound horn
Bat 4: swoop and attack Satoshi, movement does not provoke
Bat 5: swoop and attack Satoshi, movement does not provoke
Bat 6: swoop and attack Kjula, movement does not provoke
Bat 7: swoop and attack Daigon, movement does not provoke

Initiative back to Kadlin, still at top of well (and was unable to see any of this activity, but likely heard it)

[sblock=Yellowclaw Goblin Tribe Warrior (3)]Yellowclaw Goblin Tribe Warrior (3)
1. HP 10/29; Bloodied 14
2. HP 29; Bloodied 14
3. HP 29; Bloodied 14
AC 17; Fort 13, Reflex 15, Will 12[/sblock]

[sblock=Shadowcutter Bat (4)]Shadowcutter Bat (4)
1. HP 24; Bloodied 12
2. HP 24; Bloodied 12
3. HP 24; Bloodied 12
4. HP 24; Bloodied 12
AC 15; Fort 13, Reflex 15, Will 13
Conditions: all currently hidden in dim illumination[/sblock]

Last edited:

Cor Azer

First Post
OOC: Next up are Daigon, then Satoshi, Kjula, Skaldi, Dossk, and Finally Olaf before the badfies go again. Kadlin can jump back in whenever.

We'll step off to the OOC thread after this fight to re-evaluate the strict initiative vs clustering debate.

Walking Dad

First Post
Daigon

49722d1315477641-koukonsoegur-saga-trollfed-aerie-characters-daigon.jpg

Daigon moves forward and attacks the already wounded goblin. The weak will not survive. He feels empowered as the creature dies under his stroke.

[sblock=OOC]
(I assume weapon and shield already in hand)

move: down x2, right-down, right to U9
Standard: Dominator's Strike vs 1
Hit and kills 1. Gains 3 THP from his power.

[sblock=Character Sheet]
Daigon
Perception: 12 Insight: 10 Normal Vision
AC 19 Fortitude 15 Reflex 14 Will 14
Initiative: +1
Hit Points: 28 / 29 Bloodied: 14
Temporary Hit Points: 3
Resist: -
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge: 9 Surges per day: 11 / 12
At-Will Powers: Dominator's Strike, Vengeance Strike
Encounter Powers: Dragon Breath, Guardian's Counter, Dread Smite, Shroud of Shadow
Daily Powers: -

Condition:
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Kjula doesn't expect the goblins to last much longer. The bats could be a problem, though. He takes cover behind the large pile of rocks and readies his dagger.

[sblock=actions]
I know it's not my turn, but I doubt Satoshi's actions will change the situation a lot.

Move: Shift to Q6 and hide as part of the move from every enemy from which Kjula has cover (even if it's partial)
Minor: Perception check to spot the bats
Standard Since I very much doubt I'll spot anything with that roll, Kjula just Readies an action to throw his tanto, using Shadow Strike, at the first bat he spots and has Combat Advantage against. If he hits he'll use Surprise strike (which is a no action) to Daze it too TENT. After the attack (+10 to hit counting CA, 1d4+2d8+4 damage), Kjula can make another Stealth roll to remain hidden

[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats] Skötkonung Kjula Human rogue 1
Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 16, Passive Insight: 11
Defenses: AC: 16, For: 12, Ref: 17, Will: 14
HP: 17/24, Bloodied: 12, Surge value: 6, Surges/day: 7 Speed: 6 squares
Languages: Common, Goblin
AP: 1

Powers:
Acrobatic Strike, Sly Flourish, Clever Strike
Shadow Strike, Surprise Strike, Centered Flurry of blows, Second Wind
Spinning Blade Leap[/sblock]

Last edited:

Pentius

First Post
Satoshi walks into the middle of the chaos filled room, divine light starting to flow from his eyes. As the moon's light finally enters the dank cave, everything seems to go silent, just for a moment. Satoshi whispers, and every syllable seems to echo throughout the chamber as he summons divine magic to lend weight to his words. "You don't have to do this. Our quarrel is with Tuket, not with you. Leave now, and leave in peace. Your only other option is defeat."

[sblock=mechanics]
Move: to T8
Standard: Whispers of Defeat all around!
Attack Rolls: 1d20+4, seven times, vs Will. I think some of these guys may get cover, I'm leaving that to you, Cor. Here are the rolls in order.
1: 17
2: 7
3: 18
4: 12
5:9
6:5
7:24

Those hit get a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of my next turn, and whenever the target misses with an attack, it takes 9 psychic damage.

Also I would like to invoke my covenant manifestation to push #1 into the fire some more.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Satoshi]Satoshi Okudaira Male Deva Invoker 1
Initiative: +6
Passive Perception: 19
Passive Insight: 14
Senses: Normal
AC: 17
Fort:12
Reflex:15
Will:15
HP:23/23
Bloodied:11