• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Koukonsögur - Saga of the Trollfed Aerie - IC

pathfinderq1

First Post
With the ledge finally clear, Kadlin scrambled down the ropes and through the narrow opening. Once she was in the cavern, she unslung her bow and took a quick look around...

[sblock= OOC]
>Climb check, athletics 1d20+7= 22 (includes Climber's kit bonus); Acrobatics 1d20+9= 18; rolls Roll Lookup

>Climb down the rope, scramble through the opening, end in S 6; minor action to ready bow
[/sblock]

Cor Azer

First Post
A clunk echoes in the chamber as a poorly-maintained crossbow drops heavily onto some rocks, and a clattering follows it as a belt holding a sheathed wakizashi joins it on the ground.

"My give up!" says the goblin in high-pitched and broken Common. Cautiously, it backs away from the horn, and its one-time weapons.

In the dim light on the opposite side of the room, leathery wings shift and flap, and the strange echoes makes it difficult to spot their movements. Although he has trouble seeing them, Satoshi is quite certain that two are cowering away for the time being - likely the one's whose minds he so briefly touched.

Still, the bats are not of a mind with the surrendering goblin. Kjula has no warning before one rushes by his face, short - but exceedingly sharp - teeth gnashing near his eyes, before circling back deeper into the darkness.

Another is braver, and although Dossk spots it easily before it nears, he's well out of position to be prepared for the flurry of wings and snapping teeth that assails him. The bat has no clue of tactics though, and exposes itself to Daigon as it retreats to the darkness.

OOC: Map updated at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuvLb6wmpG_IdHpmSFdNSi1WLU9pQnp1TmtfYUY2V0E&hl=en_US

Goblin: drops stuff
Bats 4, 7: Move and hide (Stealth check of 18)
Bat 5: Swoops at Kjula with CA - roll and possible damage coming, no OA on fly away - then returns to dimness to hide (Stealth check of 18): miss
Bat 6: Swoops at Dossk (no CA) - roll and possible damage coming, no OA for Dossk on fly away, but Daigon gets one - then returns to dimness to hide (Stealth check of 18): miss
- The bats have a move 8 and basic attack at any point ability, that doesn't provoke movement OAs from the target, but will from others; and a free action hide ability if in concealment or cover

[sblock=Yellowclaw Goblin Tribe Warrior (3)]Yellowclaw Goblin Tribe Warrior (3)
2. HP 29; Bloodied 14
AC 17; Fort 13, Reflex 15, Will 12[/sblock]

[sblock=Shadowcutter Bat (4)]Shadowcutter Bat (4)
4. HP 24; Bloodied 12 (-2 to attacks, 9 psychic damage on a miss)
5. HP 24; Bloodied 12
6. HP 24; Bloodied 12
7. HP 24; Bloodied 12 (-2 to attacks, 9 psychic damage on a miss)
AC 15; Fort 13, Reflex 15, Will 13
Conditions: all currently hidden in dim illumination[/sblock]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: I take that, sicne the bats can hide if the have concealment, and they never left it, Kjula couldn't see them at any point of the move and therefore his readied action couldn't go off, am I right?

If I am I suppose I should look for a hiding spot where we must force the basts into the illuminated portion of the cave.

Kjula intuits something big coming in his direction a fraction of a second before needle sharp teeth sink in his neck. The warning only allows him to move mere inches, but enough to force the creature to bite his shoulder instead. Fortunately, the leather armor under his (still wet) robes is enough to completely stop the attack.

OOC: Sorry, I got carried away. It's not my turn for active perception checks

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Daigon

49722d1315477641-koukonsoegur-saga-trollfed-aerie-characters-daigon.jpg

Daigon is turning into a force of destruction. He moves, spits acid and strikes.

[sblock=OOC]

move: to R8
minor: Dragon Breath
standard: Vengeance Strike vs 7

[sblock=Character Sheet]
Daigon
Perception: 12 Insight: 10 Normal Vision
AC 19 Fortitude 15 Reflex 14 Will 14
Initiative: +1
Hit Points: 28 / 29 Bloodied: 14
Temporary Hit Points: 3
Resist: -
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge: 9 Surges per day: 11 / 12
At-Will Powers: Dominator's Strike, Vengeance Strike
Encounter Powers: Dragon Breath, Guardian's Counter, Dread Smite, Shroud of Shadow
Daily Powers: -

Condition:
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Cor Azer

First Post
OOC: Kinda confused. Who is up next?

OOC: I believe we've all collectively shifted into the clustered initiative, so... everyone left gets a turn before the bats go (technically the goblin can still act, but he's hoping nobody will hurt him), whenever they get a chance to post.

Pentius

First Post
"Kjula, if you'd kindly step away from the door? The bats are probably just scared and might flee if you leave the way open." The deva reaches into his robes and pulls out a sunrod. "Besides," he says, breaking the seal with his thumb and flooding the room with sunlight, "The light really isn't their favorite thing around!"

OOC: Minor actions for drawing and activating a sunrod, right? I'd like to draw one to dispel their concealment and see if we can shoo them out.
[sblock=mechanics]
Minor: draw sunrod
Move: Activate sunrod[/sblock]

[sblock=Satoshi]Satoshi Okudaira Male Deva Invoker 1
Initiative: +6
Passive Perception: 19
Passive Insight: 14
Senses: Normal
AC: 17
Fort:12
Reflex:15
Will:15
HP:23/23
Bloodied:11
Surge Value:5
Surges left:7/7
Action Points: 1

Powers:

Hand of Radiance
Visions of Blood

[]Cast Fortune
[x]Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
[]CD[]Rebuke Undead
[]CD[]Maledictor's Doom
[x]Whispers of Defeat
[]Second Wind
[]Action Point

[x]Silent Malediction

Conditions:

[sblock=Important Features]

[/sblock][/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
"Kjula, if you'd kindly step away from the door? The bats are probably just scared and might flee if you leave the way open."

Kjula smiles sheeplesly, nods several times, and darts for the next cover. Something comes out of his hand and one of the bats emits a high-pitched scream, but the movement it's too fast for anyone to really notice.

[sblock=actions]
Move: To S9 and hides (stealth check 27, no penalties for moving more than 2 squares thanks to class features)
Minor: Draw shuriken
standard: If Shatoshi's maneuver is successful and I can see the bats, use Shadow Strike encounter power against any visible bat (#5 if possible) from which I'm hidden. It hits AC 23 for 22 damage. Stealth check to remain hidden after attack is 20. I'll also use Surprise Strike to daze it until end of next turn.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats] Skötkonung Kjula Human rogue 1
Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 16, Passive Insight: 11
Defenses: AC: 16, For: 12, Ref: 17, Will: 14
HP: 17/24, Bloodied: 12, Surge value: 6, Surges/day: 7 Speed: 6 squares
Languages: Common, Goblin
AP: 1

Powers:
Acrobatic Strike, Sly Flourish, Clever Strike
Shadow Strike, Surprise Strike, Centered Flurry of blows, Second Wind
Spinning Blade Leap[/sblock]

Last edited:

GROMkill

First Post
OOC: Couldn't find mechanics for 4e about attempting to tie up enemies with a rope. @Cor Azer What should I roll?

Dossk quickly looks between the flapping bats and the retreating goblin. He is relieved when the goblin slips past the horn, making no obvious attempt to blow it for a warning call. Just to be sure, he reaches into his backpack, while staring down the goblin.

Whipping out his trusty rope, his jaw clenches as he approaches the goblin, every step seething in menacing behavior.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Minor: Take out rope

Move: Walk to X5

Standard: Attempt to tie up Goblin 3[/sblock]
[sblock=Dossk]Dossk Wjeltekamr Male Mul Fighter 1
Initiative: +1
Passive Perception: 11
Passive Insight: 11
Senses: Normal
AC: 17
Fort:16
Reflex:11
Will:11
HP:33/33
Bloodied:16
Surge Value:8
Surges left:13/14
Action Points: 1

Powers:

Combat Challenge
Footwork Lure
Brash Strike

Guardian's Counter [ ]
Hack and Hew [ ]
Incredible Toughness [ ]

Villain's Menace [ ]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind [ ]

Conditions:

None

[sblock=Important Features]
Tireless: You require 6 hours of sleep every 3 days.
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads