Koukonsögur - Saga of the Trollfed Aerie - IC

Cor Azer

First Post
The goblin eyes Dossk and Olaf fearfully, but restrained as it is, cannot back away.

"No all clear. Not be believed." He tries to speak flatly, but a quiver is evident behind his words.

Perhaps pressing his luck, the goblin continues. "You abovers, not so smart sometimes. Yellowclaw raid you thegn's funeral, and you chase us down. I sound horn - tell tribe you are here. You think Yellowclaw so stupid to think you just left?"

The goblin shakes his head, incredulous.

"Tuket spend many years gathering small tribes into Yellowclaw. Promise revenge against abovers for all the years you hunt us. Now he prove he better than thegn. Long time planning. Yellowclaw ready for tricks."

A short distance away, as Kadlin offers a final prayer over the goblin Dossk slammed on the ramp, she notices blood drooling from the limp lips oozing to the edge and dripping down to the floor. Slowly it creeps towards the runestatue, and as it touches the strange stone, a faint blue glow begins to illuminate it.

With the blue glow catching his eye, Kjula notes the praying mother depicted in the statue is dressed similarly to the ghostly wisp he saw above ground earlier.

Someone

Adventurer
"I was lucky enough to see the goblins smearing the runestatues with blood" says Kjula, bowing. "May I? Perhaps is better to clean them before we risk angering a spirit"

Voda Vosa

First Post
"I agree, perhaps the spirit could also aid us in return." adds Olaf. "It appears we will be facing the goblins already organized and ready to strike back."

Someone

Adventurer
"Sadly it couldn't be avoided, not even surprising them through an entrance they believed to be so well hidden." replies Kjula. "Should we continue then? I'll keep behind in case you need me as a translator"

OOC: Does this count as a short rest? If so I'll spend my second wind to get back 6 hp, ending at 23/24. Also, do we have an AP, since this was our second encounter?

Cor Azer

First Post
OOC: Does this count as a short rest? If so I'll spend my second wind to get back 6 hp, ending at 23/24. Also, do we have an AP, since this was our second encounter?

OOC: If people want a short rest, it is available.

And yes, everyone gets another action point as well.

GROMkill

First Post
Dossk nods to the monk, agreeing to the idea of continuing on. Looking back down at the helpless goblin, he kneels and hoists him up, carrying him over his shoulder.

"Let us bring this grunt. They might not care about this hostage, but he must know the layout of their lair. I'm sure he wouldn't mind telling us. Right, boy?" He gives the goblin a hearty pat on the back as it helplessly dangles, hogtied, over the mul's strong shoulder, snarling at him in its goblin-tongue.

Cor Azer

First Post
The goblin struggles on Dossk's shoulder for only a moment before slumping in defeat.

"Why help you?" it asks sullenly. "What benefit? You let me go after?" It shakes its head, expecting to disbelieve any positive response.

Across the chamber, as Kjula finishes wiping the blood from the runestatue, the blue glow fades from the strange stone. in his crouched position, however, the monk notes a slight breeze emanating from behind the runestatue.

Someone

Adventurer
The breeze could mean a passage. Kjula tears a thread from his clothes and hold it from one end so it hangs freely. If there's any air current, this should indicate it's direction.

GROMkill

First Post
OOC: Need an intimidate roll?

The goblin struggles on Dossk's shoulder for only a moment before slumping in defeat.

"Why help you?" it asks sullenly. "What benefit? You let me go after?" It shakes its head, expecting to disbelieve any positive response.

"You tell us how to get around the bridge. The more talking you do, the less kicks you get. We live, and you go free. But if I so much as suspect that you're leading us to our demise, or you flick some other warning signal in hopes of your escape from my hands, I will do everything in my power to break both of your legs. You hear me, rat?" The slight anger in his tone isn't one of malice, but of protection for his new allies.

Dossk turns to Kjula, testing the air current with a torn piece of his monk-robe. Twisting around so the goblin can see the monk's actions, Dossk speaks again, directing his words to the hogtied goblin. It would seem that the recent battle had broken the ice a bit between him and his allies. Or maybe it was his days of travel, alone, without saying a word, that made him suddenly break his silence? "Look. Rat. Where is that breeze coming from?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Daigon

49722d1315477641-koukonsoegur-saga-trollfed-aerie-characters-daigon.jpg

Daigon watches silently the exchange. It looks like Kjula and Dossk can handle the situation on their own.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Character Sheet]
Daigon
Perception: 12 Insight: 10 Normal Vision
AC 19 Fortitude 15 Reflex 14 Will 14
Initiative: +1
Hit Points: 28 / 29 Bloodied: 14
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 2 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 1.0
Healing Surge: 9 Surges per day: 11 / 12
At-Will Powers: Dominator's Strike, Vengeance Strike
Encounter Powers: Dragon Breath, Guardian's Counter, Dread Smite, Shroud of Shadow
Daily Powers: -

Condition:
[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads